Pros: friendly working environment
Cons: salary not egough
• Engineer between the design team and construction.
• Preparation of bid documents for upgrading of roads and associated stormwater infrastructure;
• Preparation of Bill of Quantities;
• Assisting the Technical Director in managing the projects;
• Taking measurements on site, preparation of Contractor’s Payment Certificates;
• Compilation of contract – more... documentation, i.e. scoping reports, tender evaluation reports, and project completion reports;
• Client liaison and with other authorities;
• Tender adjudications;
• Supervision of roads contracts as well as structural sites;
• Attend progress & report meetings with client, contractors and other disciplines involved;
• Supervision of work, earthworks i.e. excavations, compaction, fill test results and material;
• Assist with designs & modification of design drawings;
• Making certain that latest revision drawings are used for construction;
• Check and approve concrete structures before and after the concrete is being cast, inspect overall site activities.
• Monitoring the casting of concrete into footings, foundations, slabs, columns and beams.
• Monitoring the quality of word done by contractor, using a quality checklist. – less