WorldPay Employee Reviews

rubbish
Senior Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire20 April 2017
rubbish commision and pay,

Unorganised.
Really hard to hit targets
Nice environment
nice people
Would not work there if you only do customer service as it wouldnt be suitable
Good workplace
Telesales Executive (Current Employee) –  Nottingham22 February 2017
business hours
completing sale from start to finish dealing directly with the business director.
good basic salary
valuble lesson in sales skills / customer service skills
Pros
business hours
Cons
hard sell
worst company ever
Engineer (Former Employee) –  London18 February 2017
nothing is good/acceptable. going downhill. i am very much surprised that this company can still survive. it won't take long for this company to be bankruptcy.
Nice place to work but still quite 'bankish'
IT Manager (Current Employee) –  London27 January 2017
Good to work for a Fintech company but some of the middle managers come from a banking background and need to drop their banking attitude.
Pros
good location, nice office environment, good technology advancements
Cons
banking ethos must go
high pressure sales enviroment
Senior Sales Exec/Outbound Telesales exec (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, UK18 January 2017
Worldpay is a high pressure sales environment, i enjoy working there, management are great and it can be fun as long as you are hitting targets
Pros
worldpay benefits club
Cons
short lunches
Was a good place to work until taken over
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh and London22 December 2016
WorldPay was a fantastic company under RBS ownership, but then went through a period of turmoil following its sale to Advent Partners and Bain Capital. It is now, I believe, on the up again. In the process of this change, however, in 2012 my role was declared redundant.

The company remains one of the leading merchant acquiring businesses in the world. Unfortunately there are no positions in Edinburgh any more other than a small number of sales roles.
Pros
Good colleagues
Cons
Poor management in the past
fun environment to work
Customer Loyalty Adviser (Former Employee) –  Gateshead, Tyne and Wear15 December 2016
i enjoyed working at worldpay. friendly colleagues who lookout for eachother. only downside is the people who are on top level such as the operations manager can be very unprofessional, favouring some employees to others which can make you feel singled out most of the time particulary if you work in loyalty.
Pros
working hours
Cons
unprofessionlism from some hogher level management staff
Fun and Productive Work Place
Developer (Current Employee) –  Manchester9 November 2016
A typical day at work is busy and rewarding.

There are many skills to be learned and mastered, with the major two being harmony between the management and co-workers.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with management and co-workers, and the paperwork. The role is interesting and varied.

The most enjoyable part is also the co-workers.
Pros
Relaxed dress code, 36 days holiday, 35 hour weeks, flexible working
Cons
Company direction, lack of communication, no clear development pathway
A place to progress and learn with a company that also listens to you
Corporate Support Consultant (Current Employee) –  Cambridge17 August 2016
The role is to support the company's largest customers with their operational requirements, no day is the same you can spend one day dealing with chargebacks to the next with reporting and analysing data. You always have to be one step ahead of the game especially when unforeseen incidents happen with the system which can lead to an influx of queries and complaints.

Some of the things I have learnt include putting idea's forward no matter how small as you never know what could become of it, spotting commercial opportunities, analysing data and customer service.

The staff are what makes the company different, I know I have always got the support of those around me,no one ever says no to helping or no to an suggestion or idea, I hadn't worked anywhere like it before where management makes time for you if you ask for it. If you need training on anything they're courses you can go on to help you develop. The people will be one of the things I'll miss most when I do move on.
Pros
The people
Productive place to work
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Gateshead27 July 2016
Every day at World pay is different. Everyone is extremely friendly and management always treat everyone fairly and equally.

The hardest part of the job is keeping up with targets.
False
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Gateshead7 July 2016
Not very sympathetic to emergency personal problems, management was unapproachable . More interested in in-house stats than promoting team moral
Royal Bank of Scotland
Business partner, Finance Manager, Project Manager (Former Employee) –  London5 July 2016
A compnay going through a huge restructure but has clear direction and good leadership with a high calibre of staff
Pros
Direction, Leadership
Cons
Redundancies
Network and Firewall delivery engineer (Current Employee) –  London23 June 2016
Worldpay is a great place to work and develop ones skills for sure. You are given the opportunity to work in complex projects that will help progress your career further. I enjoyed my time in there for sure.
Worldpay
Risk (Current Employee) –  City of London16 June 2016
Great learning experience of how the payments industry works. Hardest part of the job is work-life balance and management culture. On the positive side they offer a fantastic benefits package and excellent salaries.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Pressure & Culture
Lively and fun workplace
Lead Generator (Former Employee) –  Nottingham2 June 2016
I enjoyed working here and made several new friends. I improved my sales skills and technique. We were moderately well trained by the management for our position. The most enjoyable part of the job was when we were taken out for conferences.
Pros
Conferences
Cons
Intense
Relaxed atmosphere
Assessor (Former Employee) –  Gateshead24 April 2016
Good place to work. although the work has been tedious recently and not a lot of it. I assessed paper work that was sent by post or email to make sure that it was fully completed and checked for fraudulent files, also for credit histories to make sure there was no risk for the company.
Pros
Free tea and coffees
Cons
not enough work for the amount of staff
Workplace
Oracle Fusion Middleware Engineer /Architect (SME) (Current Employee) –  London12 April 2016
I work in a fast track environment that need to provide business solutions and meeting customer needs as quickly as possible. I learned a lot about improving my multitasking capabilities in order to achieve customer satisfaction and support the business bottom line. I daily pick up my tasks and consistently work on them with or without supervision as a result of the confidence the level of my competence has given to my managers and the organisation.
Also working in a team has been a source of good exchange of ideas that has led to increasing improvement on my deliverables and my personal knowledge.
The hardest part of the job is usually when the requirements have not yet been defined upfront and the tools to perform the tasks are not available immediately to be able to get on the task delivery. The most enjoyable part of my jobs is when the final product or tasks are completed and the business owners or customers are very satisfied with the quality of the deliverables. The other part also is sharing the knowledge learnt or accumulated during the activities and documenting them for the benefit of other team members or new starters.
Pros
work from home, relaxed environment
Cons
No allocated seats, Not seating with team members, no allocated lockers
A good time in a short time.
IT Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  London/Cambridge13 March 2016
Good team of people to work alongside.
Shift work, although was a better commute in the off peak hours.
Friendly and easy to get on with other teams.
Customer Service Officer (Current Employee) –  Gateshead11 February 2016
At typical day at work consisted of taking inbound calls and dealing with customer queries and processing Direct Debit Mandates over the phone. I would also send e-mails and letters and make outbound calls to try and obtain outstanding documentation from customers.

I learned how to manage and balance my work load and to assist other colleagues who had heavy work loads.

I enjoyed this job because it widened my knowledge within the payments industry.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Temporary Contract
Worst mistake of my career
Controller (Former Employee) –  Spinningfield, Manchester15 January 2016
Training was practically none existent, you're expected to know everything straight away, when you try to ask for help or clarification, everyone are too busy to help.

Managements treated the staff very poorly and there were clear favouritism in practice.

Managements were very quick to point fingers with out understanding the root causes. All the processes are very manual with you having to ask numerous teams before getting a straight answer.

The co workers are always under pressure and complete daily tasks, a work load which are too much for under staffed team.

There's a high staff retention, 4 people from a team of 7 actively looking for alternative employment.

Not recommended.
Pros
Cons
Terrible communication, bad lower and mid management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WorldPay. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7