Wiltshire Council Employee Reviews

Horrible
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Trowbridge, Wiltshire7 September 2017
It wasn't a very nice atmosphere to work in and seems I worked in children's services with a child myself they are not very understanding at all......
Family man job
Loading operative (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, Wiltshire9 August 2017
Working for Wiltshire council has many benefits it's good working hours from 7-3 so you can pick your kids up from school and the supervisors are flexible with that. The only Down side is you have to start through agency before you get a contract and some agency have been working there and have not received a contract in 3 years
Pros
Early finishing
Cons
Poor wage
Receptionist Business Administrator (Former Employee) –  Melksham, Wiltshire, UK30 May 2017
Excellent place to work - Friendly small team who supported each other. A very supportive management to work closely with a good workplace culture.
Very busy reception - switchboard.
the most enjoyable part of the job was providing excellent admin support to team leaders. Providing grants to families of disabled children.
Pros
Good management no micro-managing employees
Cons
Limited parking
Good Organisation to work for
Traveller Liaison Officer (Former Employee) –  Wilton, Wiltshire18 April 2017
A good organisation to work for. They look after you and care about their staff.
The public sector is getting more and more stretched and this is passed on to the employee's, but they are there for you if it get's too much.
Pros
Lot's of paid holiday
Cons
Amount of work
Good working environment
Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, Wiltshire1 March 2017
Gained more experience in a relaxed environment.

Unfortunately, my fixed term contract is not being extended due to there being no ongoing funding for the post.
Pros
Rewards scheme.
Cons
Open plan office.
Volunteer Work
Event Steward (Former Employee) –  Chippenham, Wiltshire27 January 2017
i worked for this organisation as a volunteer at town events as one offs, and worked as a small team with people I didn't know, marshaling the public at the event.
Good place
Accounting technician (Former Employee) –  Trowbridge, Wiltshire12 December 2016
Great progression, nice staff, good pay, good facilities. Enjoyable work - lower grades well supported. Structures work well. Parking available - staff benefits
Good to gain experience in this sector
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Wiltshire3 December 2016
Very poor management
Nothing was confidential
zero support
Unsatisfactory care plans in place
More cleaning going on than care
Pros
good pay
Cons
unsociable job
Fun place to work.
Manager of the Pest Control and Dog Warden Service (Former Employee) –  Wiltshire3 December 2016
• Responsible for accounting and management of all Pest control including finances, equipment including stock rotation, asset tracking, receipts/issues, management checks and audits. Ensuring the correct equipment is in the right place at the right time.
Pros
Meeting new people on a daily basis
Cons
Angry customers wanting something for nothing
Variable
Facilities Operations Officer (Former Employee) –  Trowbridge14 November 2016
Dependent on the personality and ethics of immediate management.
At Trowbridge this was generally very good, at Chippenham much less satisfactory in my view.
A progressive local authority
Various Positions (Current Employee) –  Wiltshire wide24 October 2016
Having worked for Wiltshire Council almost 8 years I have progressed through a number of different positions with effective training, support and guidance from management.

Wiltshire Council is a forward thinking and progressive local authority who offer a wide range of varied and exciting career paths.

Wiltshire Council places a lot of it's focus on community led models and encouraging people to do more for themselves

Local government isn't what it might have been 10 years ago in terms of a "job for life" although there are still ample opportunities to forge a career and progress with the right attitude and behaviours.

I enjoy my work with Wiltshire Council and intend to stay for the long haul.
Pros
Flexible working, fantastic facilities, generous leave entitlement
Cons
Regular restructuring of staff and services
Job with extras
Passenger Assistant (Current Employee) –  Trowbridge15 October 2016
Big employer with a lot of possibilities and opportunities. Advantages e.g. discount for a membership in a gym, free parking on named car parks.
it was a job
Temporary Accommodations Officer (Former Employee) –  Salisbury9 May 2016
Phones rang none stop
Under-staffed, (two members of staff covered the whole of Wiltshire, which should have had four members in the same job position.
Learned the truth about Council work
Lost faith in the management
Co-workers were picture perfect in their sufferings
hardest part - not being ale to house people failed by the system
Most enjoyable part - Putting a roof over vulnerable people's heads, and turning over property cost effectively and ahead of expected time
Pros
None...
Cons
Racial Abuse, and Stereotypical harassment
Plenty of training opportunities
Community Resource Worker (Current Employee) –  Trowbridge8 April 2016
I have gained experience working with adults with disabilities. I have been able to attend plenty of training sessions. I
Cons
Difficult parking
Supportive management
Operational Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Devizes6 March 2016
Supportive management, work life balance with customer the main focus. Countywide team looking towards the best interest in adult customers with learning disabilities.
I enjoyed my time at Wiltshire Council
PA to Associate Director (Former Employee) –  Trowbridge6 November 2015
Duties include: Providing high quality comprehensive personal assistance and support to the Associate Director. This includes diary management, booking multi agency meetings, minute taking a variety of meetings, dealing with very sensitive information on a regular basis, as well as general office duties.
Accommodations Options Officer (Current Employee) –  Trowbridge, ENG28 July 2015
I thoroughly enjoy working for Wiltshire Council. I have a very strong team to turn to should I need advice. I feel very comfortable in my role.
Productive and fun workplace
Job Coach (Former Employee) –  Wiltshire8 February 2015
Supporting adults with learning disabilities to find and sustain varying levels of paid employment. Working with local employers in Wiltshire to negotiate employment opportunities, provide on the job support to our customers as well as carrying out quality assurances and reviews.
Convenient
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Devizes, ENG7 September 2014
This job was very convenient because it was just round the corner from where i lived. I had a good training thanks to my work colleagues. I enjoyed my time there.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Irregular shifts, part time.
Hard work but acheivable and satisfactory
Conference and Reviewing Team (Former Employee) –  Monkton Park21 August 2014
Conference & Reviewing Service Team.

Photocopying, faxing etc. ensuring administrative procedures are followed and standards maintained.

To arrange conferences between Children, Parents and professionals to ensure Child Protection, duties included:

General Administration Duties.

To provide a full range of administrative support, to include, word processing.

Record/Information System

Letter writing, ensuring confidentiality and adhering to the Data Protection Act.

Filing Duties.

Providing a high standard of customer service to internal and external customers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wiltshire Council. Our community is ready to answer.

Wiltshire Council Reviews by Location