Wilko Employee Reviews

Depends on manager
Stock management (Current Employee) –  Harlow, Essex18 October 2017
I watched our store manager bully his assistant into depression all the while he was protected by hr and his regional mgr.ideas from the board are based on savings and not the problems they cause.50% understaffed but 110%of the workload expected finished in a company decided time limit
Pros
Discount
Cons
Owners mgrs
Not even treated like a human being
Stock Controller (Former Employee) –  Penge, Greater London17 October 2017
Expected to do a 101 different job tasks in unrealistic hours then told off when jobs are not completed. Cuttting hours left right and centre whilst others still have high contracts. Meant to be a family business but don’t understand that most employees are trying to earn a living for their family and that cutting hours = unhappy customers and staff. Only time I progressed was when management NEEDED me to work more so they could work less.
Pros
Higher than minimum wage
Cons
No social life
Good workplace
Visual Merchandiser/Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Coventry17 October 2017
Although i have only been working at Wilko for a short while the job is exactly what it says on the tin they are very flexible with my working hours plus weekly pay and the managers of the morning shifts are amazing everyone else pretty much is to themselves the rate of pay is ok for a first job but if you have bills to pay THIS JOB IS NOT FOR YOU if you're under 21
Pros
flexible hourse, nice team mates
Cons
low rate of pay, early morning shifts
Not bad company
Safety & Security Officer (Former Employee) –  West London, Greater London17 October 2017
Pay on time, never short of earnings. Only bad thing is that the company has changed its system now and so there will be differences in what it once was to what it is going to be now
Pros
Pay, work load, friendly staff and management
Cons
No overtime hours
It could have been a nice job...
RSD/Customer care (Former Employee) –  Worksop, Nottinghamshire15 October 2017
The job itself was easy to do and most of the people I worked with were lovely.

I struggled with being treated like a child (not being allowed out my seat to get a drink, not being allowed to bring drinks back for colleagues, no talking) and the lack of flexibility with the rota (having to use 13 days annual leave for a 14 day holiday when you only have 20 to start with, rarely having 2 days off together).

The discount and staff shop were definitely a good perk.
Pros
Discount, majority of the people you work with friendly
Cons
Management, Rota
Alright
Cleaner (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Crawley, West Sussex14 October 2017
The jobs alright there isn’t a lot to do and the bosses are kinda funny they mess around with everyone’s hours and sometimes they will give you more hours sometimes they won’t
Simple but useful
Stockroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Canterbury, Kent12 October 2017
I had been working in Wilko on school work experience and simply enjoyed the work I had as well as the flexible hours I was given. I didn't feel strained by the hours and was able to work effectively, often completing my work early.
Pros
Flexible hours
fun workplace, productive .
Order Picker/Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Magor, Monmouthshire11 October 2017
Clock in, get your headset and computer to start your shift. And sign into your name to start the pick.
Then the computer will locate you to the right stock and tell you how many to pick. Until you have finished all picks for that shift.
I learnt how to use a headset and computer and how to stack cages correctly and how to safely pick up a load without strain on the back.
Pros
paid for breaks and close to home
fun place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Worthing, West Sussex8 October 2017
8 years in security ,moved to a better paid job .In civil enforcement .i was employed not by the manager of the store but wilkos loss prevention .i also trained over gaurds
Business restructure worring
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Clacton-on-Sea, Essex7 October 2017
Culture within Wilkos has changed lot since joining. Ok to work for but as a manager they want a lot of hours from you and work life balance is not always at the top of there list.
Pros
Good Trainning
Cons
Work life Balance

Want to know more about Wilko?

Ask a question
I was very happy there,but had to finish due to family stresses
Help Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingston upon Hull6 October 2017
I was very excited to get the job as Help Desk Assistant,but unfortunately the job role changed+I found it difficult when I had to cash up(I was stressed+couldn't cope with it) my colleagues were great....
I love helping people+got a lot of pleasure while I worked at Wilko's
Pros
Good stable job
Cons
Stressed
2 Week Work experience
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Chatham, Kent5 October 2017
Enjoyed the time, I spent here even if I wasn’t here for a long time. The crew staff here are amazing and so so supportive, if you have any worries, they will help you get comfortable.
Company doesn't allow enough hours for jobs to be completed properly
CSA (Former Employee) –  Swanley, Kent5 October 2017
Given small contract hours but expected to pick up loads of addition hours whether you want to or not. Rotas are a joke and tends to favour 'favourite' staff. Till supervisors are rude, power happy hitlers who do next to nothing other than moan about everyone else not doing their jobs. Bullying is rife as management are too inexperienced to handle staffing matters. Customers should be put first but hours and lack of staff means customers suffer with long queues at tills and no real customer repore as staff can't be bothered as so demoralised.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Poor contract hours, power happy till supervisors, bullying, no management leadership
Typical retail outlet
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Ammanford, Carmarthenshire4 October 2017
Dealing with a busy, ever increasing workload.
Managing staff and public demands all within strict budgetary control.
Giving customers a good service which they acknowledge and appreciate.
Pros
Discount card
Cons
Long hours heavy workload
Can be fun but also has its stresses
Till Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Strood, Kent2 October 2017
i have enjoyed working for wilkos and i have been able to develop in not only my work skills but my social skills. wilkos have given me the tools i need to work well and efficiently.
I am saddened by the fact i am being made redundant due to a company restructuring as i feel i have put my heart and soul into the company whilst being a loyal employee.
Pros
discount
Cons
N/a
Hard work but worth it
Section Leader (Current Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire1 October 2017
It's a fast paced business with a wide variety of job roles and responsibilities. The work loads are big and often there is little time to complete them, daily deliveries, working of core fill stock is just part of it, helping in other areas such as tills and housekeeping is a must.
Pros
Long service awards
Cons
Long hours, big work loads
Decent
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Worksop, Nottinghamshire29 September 2017
Decent to work for job wise, but not the best workplace culture. Management is a mixed bag of good but also not so good, as with most jobs. Not very fulfilling.
Pros
Good pay for the work
Cons
Health and safety and employee wellbeing is an afterthought compared to deadlines.
No family values
Level 3 (Current Employee) –  North East29 September 2017
redundancies with staff who have been loyal to the company. staff applying for a job that no1 knows anything about. wrong on all accounts. All about money.
Workplace
Duty Manager/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Stroud27 September 2017
Great place to work if you dont mind doing a variety of hours and different job roles and responsibility. Talking to the public is a main key and adapting to different colleges and personalities,
Pros
discount
friendly environment
Helpdesk Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bournemouth, Dorset27 September 2017
Friendly place to work, flexible hours, understanding and help to encourage progress in the business. Good management. enjoyable company to work for..