Wildwood Employee Reviews

hard but fun work place
assist the Manager (Former Employee) –  Barnes6 November 2017
Long hours to work all Christmas and bank Holidays .Management professional and nice. Very good atmosfer to work with nice people.Busy place to work.
Social life, management and pay is awful
Waitress/Bar Staff (Former Employee) –  Kettering, Northamptonshire7 October 2017
I worked at wild wood and the pay and social life is horrific, you always work late and have some many split shifts. The management favour people and if you're not favoured they make you life awful. The job itself is pretty standard and the waitress/most supervisors are really nice.
Pros
The friendship group you can make
Cons
Money, managers and hours
Horrible place to work for!
Waitress/Bar Staff (Former Employee) –  Oxfordshire3 October 2017
Managment expect you to know everything. You could make a tiny mistake when setting the table then your told you can just clean the cutlery... you need training. My hours were cut short and I was never aloud to leave on time. I had either no hours or so many hours I couldn't cope. Absolutely appalling!
Pros
Free food afters shifts/meeting people
Cons
Horrible managers
Fake people
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Northwich, Cheshire19 June 2017
Company is take all credit card tips so they stolen staff money.no trening given.no allergy menu.minimum wages .fake and rude people !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Managers were horrible and demanding, made the atmosphere very unpleasant
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Kingston upon Thames, Greater London8 May 2017
When I began working as a waitress here I was given little to no training and was just expected to know everything from the get go, if I did not do things perfectly my managers would get angry and frustrated with me. It was also very confusing as different managers instructed me to do some things differently so I never knew what was the right thing to do. There was hardly any staff so even on busy evenings there would only be two waitresses on duty making it very stressful and overwhelming. The worst thing that happened was when i was completing a 6 hour shift i was refused lunch as I was the only waitress on duty at the time so had to keep on working whilst starving. The only good thing about this jobs was the customers who were lovely and sometimes even stuck up for me when my managers were being visibly horrible to me.
Pros
The customers and tips
Cons
rude, demanding managers
great company to work for
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Market Harborough, UK13 February 2017
another "chain" restaurant run pretty much the same way as every other generic italian restaurant.. good culture, good people. Enjoyable to work for and would recommend
Pros
tips
Cons
long hours, fluctuating hours for waiting staff
Fun and fast paced working environment
Waitress (Casual) (Former Employee) –  Gerrards Cross (UK)1 January 2017
Managers made an effort to integrate all members of the team with socials and celebrations. They were considerate of other engagements and scheduled shifts around these where possible.
Fun work place
Bar Staff (Former Employee) –  Stafford28 December 2016
I would normally work around 10-15 hours a week. Not enough in my opinion. The manager would be unfair with the hours - if you have worked there longest you get the most hours.

Management is poor, staff would often get shouted at and belittled in front of customers

However, this was my first bar job and I thoroughly enjoyed this job despite the hours and the management. Staff are really friendly and they work so hard - not enough praise though.
Pros
Learnt bar skills
Cons
Poor management
Vile place ran by people who think they are better than anyone
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Telford and Wrekin9 October 2016
Very poorly run company homophobic very under handed the way in which they approach things. Staff are treated like slaves no respect given to staff literally work you into the ground. No correct training given. Poor company to work for list goes on. Have to argue for hours and to be paid correctly.
Pros
A basic free lunch
Cons
Working for them
Terrble company!
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Chichester14 August 2016
Awful job!
Stuck in the hospitality from 20 years ago!
No allergy menu, no allergy training!
They claim to "share" the tips and gratuities - in fact you won't get NOTHING from the credit card tips, all it's kept by the company -i don't know if it's even legal??
Cash tips - you'll get almost nothing or a very small amount -cash is used to top up management's pokets!
Desgusting!
Avoid, there are better jobs!
Pros
can't see any
Cons
Stealing tips from your pocket
Great place to Work
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Market Harborough15 July 2016
Friendly place to work. Training opportunities every shift. The managers are approachable and helpful.
Varied shifts mainly at the weekend and evening. good mix of part time and full time staff.
Great experiences learning how to deal with challenging customers and customers with dietary needs. Taste Sessions to learn the new menu' s and understand the new food and how its made.
Cons
limited hours
Fantastic florist
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Sutton Coldfield9 March 2016
Wildwood florist was a beautiful and amazing florist with friendly staff and easy hours. We were always busy but in such a calm environment, so i didn't mind. as this was only work experience i was not paid but none of the employees had any complaints about wages or hours. The florist was very trusting and allowed me to join on deliveries and collection of flowers. i even answered the phone to customers and had brilliant comments back form the manager of how well i did.

I would recommend them for any occasion, funerals, weddings, prom, or just a nice bouquet.
Pros
long hours but lots to do, calm environment, kind staff, lovely location
Enjoy working with my Team
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Stafford1 September 2015
I feel like an integral part of the work place and get along with all the members of staff there, which I find important with any workplace, if you do not enjoy your workplace, you don't enjoy work.
Pros
discounts on meals
Cons
demanding work