Welcome Break Employee Reviews

Productive work and fun place
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Oxford, Oxfordshire11 January 2018
Productive work and enjoy working there
Good opportunity and upgrade your job status and salary increases but depends on your effort you put at work
Manger very friendly and supportive
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Subway26 November 2017
I learnt a lot working with welcome break.
Great environment and friendly people.
As in every job you will come across a few difficult situations, but we always takle things as a team.
Pros
You 50% off at every welcome break
Work you hard work for 5p above min wage
CSA Waitrose (Former Employee) –  Hopwood20 November 2017
Work you VERY hard for the wages. Unit Managers/Deputy's wage paid by Welcome break. CSAs paid by Waitrose with sameT&Cs but these are franchised shops run by welcome break. Most of prices in shop are 20% higher than Waitrose supermarkets and Managers are always focussed on cash in till. Management have no time for you and only speak to get on your back to complete work load. If you do something wrong they will tell you off in shop which I feel is not very professional, then don't speak to you for days to show they are cross with you. Most CSAs pleasant but have the same issues as you. I don't know if its the same in proper Waitrose shops but I would avoid these franchise stores. You have been warned
Pros
Waitrose T&Cs. Discount at all WB sites in uk
Cons
Long hours. Hardly any weekends off
Excellent working environment
Hotel maintenance (Former Employee) –  Wakefield14 November 2017
The time I spent here the hotel was undergoing a transformation from days inn hotel to much improved Ramada hotel,all staff were friendly including management
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Only part time
Good workplace with usual abuse from customers
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Gretna, Dumfries and Galloway8 November 2017
Work was good , varied shifts , good benefits working with the company only problem is that you are left to deal with all the abuse from customers moaning about prices .
Pros
50% discounts
Cons
Abuse from customers
Stressful
Unit Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Oxford12 October 2017
Good place to work depending on site you work at. not a good work life balance at all. not paid very well compared to alot of companies. can be good team work within sites
Nice Employer
Simple Finance Consultant (Current Employee) –  London8 October 2017
Welcome Break is one of the UK’s leading independent motorway service operators and has 27 sites across the UK. Welcome Break sites are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and attract 85 million motorway customers annually.
Is a very good place to work and get a very good experience at customer service
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Barista2 October 2017
I would like to have a job at National Express, because is more close to where i live and also because at Starbucks is more a job for young people. I know I can get more knowledge working at National Express and is really a job I would like.
Pros
I like to have contact with customers and hep, so I reckon is a very good job, plus is very close to my address
Cons
nothing to say
managment are useless
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Gretna, Dumfries and Galloway29 September 2017
don't work here your life will be miserable the management are usless no over time rate and you will work over your contract guaranteed progression is literally non existant
Pros
no pros
Cons
no over time rate
Satisfactory place to work good/bad
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birchanger, Essex22 September 2017
Overall I have enjoyed my work at Welcome Break. Everybody seems to get along well and there is a good working attomsphere. However I feel that the wages despite meeting the legal rate could be better considering the unsocial/shift patterns we do,which change weekly there have been times when small errors are made yet the criticism was over the top yet when we continuly show we are relieable,honest and hard working seldom do we receive any praise!
Pros
Discounts within all Welcome Break up and down the country
Cons
Cutting contracted hours, wages, lack of enough uni form
Lively place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire1 September 2017
I worked here a long time ago so cant give an upto date review. It was ok when i worked there, good pay and seemed to look after the staff. Paid for breaks which was good.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Working alone
Ok
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire25 August 2017
Initially a very pleasant place to work, but as the financial climate became or becomes choppy expect unrealistic demands and labour cut to the quick at the expense of the customer
Days Inn Sarn
days inn serice asst (Former Employee) –  Sarn, Bridgend22 August 2017
Great company to work for if you want to never have a life outside of work and your sleep pattern destroyed. Working solo and never get a break on £7.50 an hour for all the hard work .Sadly you have to work around other members of staff if your last in and given the shifts that nobody else wants .
Awful
Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Derbyshire11 August 2017
To much to say but bad management & so social life as they expect you to put work first before family & anything also 11 hour rest period is never !!!!!!!
Pros
Cons
Everything bout the place
Worst company ever
Nights team member (Former Employee) –  hartshead moor3 August 2017
this has to be the worst company i have ever had the misfortune to work 4 as a night worker i was regally left on my own in the forecourt so NO BREAK NOT EVEN FOR THE LAV when u do get a break everything is shut only WHsmiths so a lot of choice not most rotas were 7 nights 2 off there was more managers than workers TO MANY COOKS and as for the wage okl what a joke day staff 7.50 full time nights 7.55 well worth ur health work life balance for 5p more i think it was unsafe as well when ur there on ur own and groups of no goods come in what do u do me i was ok but its the girls i feel for and the trucks that get broke into nearly every night r they bothered not a chance as long as they get there £25 a night off every trucker
So if ur on the dole and ur money gets stopped there is always a job at welcome break i mean bottom of the barrel time
Pros
its a job
Cons
the whole compay
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Birchanger, Essex2 August 2017
I enjoy working at welcome break, it has good money and is has good benefits. I fit my daily life around the hours well and it is very flexible. However, the staff could be treated better and the management could be improved.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
no free lunch
Busy but good coworkers
Facilities Team Member (Former Employee) –  Stansted10 July 2017
It is very busy especially in the summer holidays. Long shifts sometimes up to 14 hours. Pays well, a few pounds over minimum wage. Customers get angry sometimes.
love work at welcome break
Facilities team member (Current Employee) –  hartstead moor4 July 2017
I've been working at welcome break for over 2 years now and I've enjoyed it for the most part as I work in facilitys this hard work clean up after customers but you get a sense of pride doing it with a decent wage to boot.
Pros
some times free meals and 50% off food like kfc and burger king
Cons
hard work kind eye for detail and you will sweat alot
Loved it
Manager (Former Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire27 June 2017
Really enjoyed working here, management really good, free drinks on shift free food as a manager.
Loved the coaches coming in, had to serve up to 1000 people in one go but loved the challenge.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Sometime drunk people off coaches
Dont do it
Night Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Telford, Shropshire5 June 2017
When I first started there was alright. New management came in and are bullies. Pay for night work is rubbish, if you face doesn't fit expect the sack
Cons
Rubbish wage, poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Welcome Break. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8