Ward Security Employee Reviews

Good
Property Inspector (Former Employee) –  Rochester22 January 2018
Friendly work environment. Willing to show flexibility. Though they eventually made me redundant they went through great efforts to find me other work and to delay the eventualality l.
Relocated from London to Devon
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Woking, Surrey8 January 2018
Unlocked the Building early morning.
Every Monday put out signs to inform the tenants in the building Fire Alarm Testing at 11.30.
Meet and greet all into the Building with a "Good Morning and a smile"
Check emails on computer.
CCTV Monitor Camera's were still all working.
Prepare Visitors, contractors signing in books on Reception desk.
What I learn't was to question all visitors who came into the Building but in a polite way. Tenants would email me a list of names, day before on who they were expecting to come in. If visitors were not on the list I would phone the tenants to get permission to let the person in.
I absolutely loved my Job in London and definitely would of still been there if we hadn't relocated to Devon.
I got on very well with all my Managers as they knew if any problems within the building whether a Health & Safety issue that I would report straight away.
Hardest part of the job was chasing school children playing football in our car park especially with expensive cars around.

The most enjoyable part of the job - far too many too list I loved being in work, as I lived so far away from work, the tenants thought I was crazy getting up at 4.30 am every morning to unlock the building for them at 6.30 am and still had a smile on my face.
Pros
Such lovely people and support managers
Cons
Unprofessional management and useless regional managers
Security (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London20 November 2017
I worked for them for few weeks and I can honestly and clearly say they they are the most dirtiest and ugliest people I have ever worked for. They do not care their staff, they are unprofessional and totally useless people.
Pros
Cons
Unprofessional management and dirtiest company to work for
Its a Okey company to work for
Security Dog Handler (Current Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire8 May 2017
I work 12 hour Night shifts. 6 till 6.
I learned how to train my Dog.
I never see management.
There is no culture.
Hardest Part of the Job Filling out incident forms.
I work at my own pace.
Great Role, No Benefits
Finance (Current Employee) –  Rochester, Kent25 February 2017
The company itself is ok to work for, the role suits me but there are no company benefits at all. Everything is bare minimum which is a shame as staff do not feel appreciated for their loyalty
Pros
Local
Cons
No Benefits
Improductive
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London27 January 2017
I really don't like giving bad comments about companies, but for this particular company sorry to say that is not one of the tops.

Very disorganised, there is always pay query. There hasn't been a particular month that I haven't had pay query and very stressful and annoying.

Their customer services are not good at handling situations.
Pros
Pay queries
Cons
Some area managers are helpful.
Relief Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Hayes, Greater London11 January 2017
I have been working at one of ward security site which i found really interesting and working with great people in a professional environment.
Cons
No Cons
Truly Awful, Unprofessional and clueless
Officer (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London6 January 2017
A security company that doesn't pay double pay on bank holidays, underpays multiple staff every month and supplys sub contractor officers that would have trouble tying shoe laces. The management lie and decieve you, numerous staff and entire departments have left in numbers. Something is seriously wrong with this company. As good as you are they have no loyalty or care for you and will cut you free without hesitation. They do not follow any process or procedure when it comes to diciplinaries, redundancy or site procedures. Contracts are always under threat because of lack of support. Runaway Runaway Runaway
Pros
Leaving
Its a ok company
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  London6 January 2017
If you are looking for a job where the standard is not high then this job is for you , pay is ok not great . The sites on the other hand can be a bit of a let down.

The staff they employ in there H/O lack the skills or the right bedside manner when talking to security staff
Pros
there is no pros
Cons
long hours, schedule dept messing up your shift
Ward make the Keystone Cops look professional.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  East Kent3 January 2017
Only worked for these cowboys for just over 6 months. Couldnt take any more.

Worked for several companies and found these by far the worse.

They work so hard to look great to the outsid eworld and new starters but have a management team that dont care dont have a clue what they are doing and just lie their arses off everytime they screw up or muck the guards about.

If you are a decent bloke or woman then you will want to avoid 'Fraud Security'
Pros
Cons
Not enough room to list all!
great comany
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Kent10 December 2016
In my time working for Ward Security I learned a lot. Working on all sorts of sites, from building sites to shopping centres, street patrols to immigration centres and many more. On each site there was new and different assignment intrusions to learn and adhere to some of which including the opening and closing of buildings, where I was entrusted with keys and alarm codes. Others include working closely with a team of security officers to ensure the smooth running of events with public health and safety in mind.
I was nominated for officer of the year by one of Wards clients just a few weeks into my time with Ward and went on to win Officer of the quarter 2015. I was honoured to be recognised for my hard work and picked to win the award coming up against hundreds of employees that had also been nominated.
Glossy professional front, hides an awful company.
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Greater London5 December 2016
Having worked for Ward for over a year now, I think I have a good idea about what they truly are, which is a long way from the professional, caring and enlightened impression they try so hard to portray.

Working on site you are simply treated with contempt. Ops managers avoid you. Payroll never answer emails. HR just don't know what they are doing and if you impress your site's client, you are rewarded by... Erm?.... Oh yeah. You are never given credit or respect for a job well done. Ever.

The Wards never seem to promote from within the company and no matter how many internal promotions or transfers you apply for, your hard work means nothing, as new staff are constantly employed above you! Do a good job on site and they will leave you there forever. Do a poor job and you'll be 'promoted' into the next better paid or more desirable job that comes along. Seriously.

Some of the guys I work with haven't had a pay rise in 7 years even though the client told me they pay a an invoice to Ward which has INCREASED every year!

There are so many managers and "associate directors", despite a relatively small workforce, a trip to head office looks like a luxury car show with an insane fleet of company cars..... but, try to speak to anyone in authority, about any issue at all, and these "managers" all seem to feel themselves far to important to speak to horrid front line plebs.

I could go on for hours. But simply be warned:

Don't listen to the wonderful pitch they may spin, Ward Security is a company to avoid.
Pros
Company logo is quite nice.
Cons
A few months of these idiots will drain your will to live.
Good working Enviroment
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  London7 October 2016
I learn Management Skill because I was the who run the Building as Building Manager is not Base on site.
I have very good team cooperative and helping.
I enjoy my work and that is why i cant find anything hard here.
Productive and Motivating
Security Officer Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead27 April 2016
I would communicate with the Officer on shift as part of the handover, I would write down any instructions from the manager or other stuff members, i would also verbally instruct. I learnt how to supervise and train staff, the managers would let me know if someone was coming out of working hours or they would put it on the pc office diary.

With co workers we would cover each other if needed and leave instructions in sudden changes. the hardest part of the Job is when the fire panel is set off by pressure within the servers and plant room, I would then follow the escalation procedure of calling the Site Engineer then managers if no answer and at the same time would go and see if the servers needed deactivating.
I enjoyed working with everyone and every day was enjoyable, i had my own desk and CCTV monitors in the reception, Internet and Tv was available to us and was always a good thing
Pros
they would offer to buy me anything for free
Cons
Relief been late
Con artists!
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  London26 February 2016
1. These sharks will under pay you without fail and play it off as if they unaware its happening even after bringing the same issue to them repeatedly by multiple staff. ( Mine alone was £800 in 7 months skimmed off the top)

2. Management are useless, have no resolve and no back bone. You will get no response to various e-mails ranging from welfare issues to pay but as soon as you submit something that will directly effect them, then like magic you will get a response within minutes.

3. Booking holiday is a plague to these people.

4. Promotion is a myth/fairy tale

5. The company hires you under one name and then changes the company name so you will be placed in a staging period and the 'new' company will not have to pay pension contributions. (Sounds illegal but the HMRC states it is not).

This is a fraction of the overall issues as you will undoubtedly get more from other sites.
Pros
I no longer work for these clowns.
Cons
You will die on the inside and contract brain-rot.
Enjoyable work environment
Ward Belgravia Corporate Relief Receptionist (Former Employee) –  London25 February 2016
Working for Ward Belgravia ( Security) was a dream come true at first. Unfortunately the Operations manager who interviewed me was fired which left me optimistic about my future career within the company. During my time at ward, I met some really nice professionals in many different industries. Atypical day would start with me opening the business, turning on the computers and logging in to the data base, turning on the telephones. Arranging the visitors and contractors log books. Assisting the cleaners with keys so that they are able to clean the building. Once front of house is open I would sit behind my desk and I would greet all people coming in to the building and be ready to assist them with anything they need. Shortly after the post would arrive and it would be my duty to sort all mail and deliver it to the correct companies. No two days are the same, as a relief receptionist i had to train and then work on many different sites. I definitely learned a lot more about London and was able to manage my time more efficiently. the most enjoyable part of the job was making new contacts, being able to building strong relationships with the regular visitors, company managers and building managers. I have been very lucky to form some strong friendships with some of my co workers and even though I don't work for Ward anymore we still keep in touch. Having this job gave me a new confidence in myself and since then, I have had many interviews with other elite companies.
Pros
Not to far to travel
Cons
Early start late finishes
Very Poor
security officer (Former Employee) –  Berkshire8 December 2015
Based on my experience (was working for this company 8yrs), no chances for promotions - i have BSc and Ma. My starting position was Security Officer, working night shifts, and terminated employment on the same position. Throughout these 8yrs the same wage rate and no payments for overtime. Communication with office is a joke unless they need something from you. Company have very limited knowledge about own sites Policy rules and regulations.
Promotions and good salaries guaranteed only for family or family friends of this company owners.
Never again
.....
Pros
Cons
Management, work culture and more
Good company to work for
Building Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester19 June 2015
Good company to work for. Management is always supportive of staff development and always looking for ways to improve moral and productivity
Pros
Friendly and supportive management
Cons
Long hours shifts
Shockly poor company.
Relief Security Officer (Former Employee) –  ENG4 December 2014
Rosters are sent on a friday afternoon for you to work the following week. Rest days are always split.
you have to book holidays 28 days before BUT dont find out if you got it till the friday before. Complaints are pushed from person to person or just plain ignored.Expected to travel large distances to work at your own cost. I had to work 14 hr shift finishing at 9am & was rostered to return to work 4pm the same day,
This was deemed to be okay.
All public holidays you have to work at single pay.
overall a very bad company. LOOK ELSE WHERE.....
Pros
I dont work for them any more.
Cons
When I started.
security officer
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  london3 August 2014
i have been enjoying working with WARD as they are professionals and look after their employees