WALSALL COLLEGE Employee Reviews

Productive but very under staffed
Finance Assistant (Former Employee) –  Walsall, West Midlands3 November 2017
I would personally not work here again. Rude manager, terrible organisation of the company. The staff were also rude to students who came for help. would not waste your time by going for a job at this place.
Pros
holidays
Cons
Rude staff
Fun, relaxed and helpful
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Walsall17 July 2017
I spent time here for work experience and the staff were very helpful and appreciative and always made sure that I had tasks to perform for them. I helped out within the marketing office and I also helped staff to induct new students into Walsall College. Tasks in the office ranged from making a PowerPoint presentation to stapling and photocopying.
Computer technician
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Walsall, West Midlands29 June 2017
Fixing computer towers using Tool box to open them up and close them then checking to see if they work.listening to other students and employer to get on with the task or if i need help i ask a colleague to help me out with maintaining the computer.
Pros
At 1:30 free meals
fun and gained more experience
Fundraising Project Leader (Former Employee) –  West Midlands8 June 2017
During the project, I lead a small team to promote fundraising activities within the college. I collaborated with a local charity to raise awareness in the community by giving out leaflets and discussing causes with members of the public, staff and students . I leveraged existing platforms within the college to maximise exposure and to give our team the best chance of raising as much funds as possible.
Pros
More work experience
Cons
Many years ago and company was undergoing massive restructure
Language Centre Resource Officer (Former Employee) –  Walsall, West Midlands2 June 2017
I enjoyed working for Walsall College and met some really great staff but the company was undergoing massive restructure when I worked there and will be completely different now.
Intresting
Beautician (Former Employee) –  Walsall29 April 2017
I loved working and studying inside a fast pacing Salon, meeting different people everyday was nice and learning to do something in which I'm very interested in and enjoyed doing.
good work place
Nursery Assistant Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Walsall28 March 2017
Fun to be a part of. A friendly warm environment that's family orientated. Caring staff and management members. Free to come up with your own ideas for activities for the children.
fine
Cleaner Operative (Former Employee) –  Walsall24 February 2017
cleaning a building site.management were fine.always there if needed. hardest part was cleaning up filth and grime all day long enjoyable was going home at the end of the day to have a bath
Not very good
Music Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Walsall, West Midlands18 February 2017
It really isn't very good. what else do you want me to say. It is not very good at all. At all. Not Good. Naff, infact. Based around the idea that money talks
Distance Learning Tutor (Current Employee) –  Walsall, West Midlands6 February 2017
I work as a distance learning tutor assessing Understanding Nutrition and Health coursework. There seems to be a slowdown in NH work which is no fault of the college so I am in the process of completing a level 2 qualification in dementia care which will allow me to assess learners enrolled on this course and also further my personal development.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Not enough work
confidence on how i approach people
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Walsall, West Midlands18 January 2017
this has made me a stronger person on how i approach towards people.
from doing my Student representatives and Higher Education officer this has made me feel that i can do responsibility of roles.
Outstanding College
Information, Advice & Guidance Officer (Current Employee) –  Walsall24 November 2016
Great place to work with excellent facilities. Have learnt a lot in the years I worked there. Staff work hard and are passionate about what they do and go the extra mile for students
Great learning environment.
Beauty Therapist (Current Employee) –  Walsall25 October 2016
I have learnt such a lot since starting at Walsall college just over a year ago. The hardest part of the course would be the theory lessons, there is always so much to take in, so it always so important to go home and revise. It's been so easy to get along with other people that are on my course, we all help each other if we are unsure on something. The tutors are also great.
Walsall college teaches me the basis of being a chef
Hospitality student (Current Employee) –  Walsall15 October 2016
the tutors at Walsall college are amazing and friendly.
i have learnt how to cook soups and sauces etc.
i have gotten on well with other chefs and believe that its good teamwork that they also teach
Pros
friendly
Cons
long breaks
productive
Student Hairdresser (Former Employee) –  Walsall4 October 2016
I learned basic skills such as good team work, completing work to a high standard and running my own column of clients within the work environment.
I enjoyed clients leaving satisfied and happy with the work i had done for them.
Fun workplace
Hairdresser (Former Employee) –  Willenhall25 September 2016
I wasn't there long did my work experience there and enjoyed it and very friendly and politell people there and it was always clean and tidy and ready for the day ahead and always If needed people to show u where things was if people had put them in wrong places
Pros
Had my hair done
Cons
Wasnt there long enough
Well managed
Estate Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  Walsall9 May 2016
A well Managed organization, with good support and training provided to staff. Being a secure and friendly place to work it was a pleasure to work there
Fun and Active place to be
Sports Development Officer (Current Employee) –  Walsall22 March 2016
Walsall College is a great place to be and I have learned a lot of new skills there, that will benefit me in the future of work. Walsall College is a great environment, that all my colleagues like to be at and are very happy they are.
fun work place
Level 2 beauty therapy (Current Employee) –  Walsall22 March 2016
I enjoy always having something to do, always kept busy. After every job you are greeted with a new one too try. you are always offered new treatments that you can possible try if you feel up too it. You have a list of clients for the day so you are fully prepared. I develop on so many characteristics involving patient, communication, independent and team working etc. the hardest part of the salon would be when its busy and there are not many other people are in so you have too many clients to share between the students.
Pros
experience
Cons
lack in equipment
Fun and helpful
Assistant And Taking Part (Former Employee) –  Walsall2 November 2015
Fun experience which I learnt a lot from the workers and the management this has helped me to what am aiming to be. the workers friendly, had kind words to say.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Too long