WAKEFIELD COUNCIL Employee Reviews

Binman
Refuse Collector (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, West Yorkshire13 September 2017
I had really enjoyed my time there learnt alot good people definitely good to get a job with council it feels good to work in the community it gives job satisfaction
Lack of communication
Administration Assistant (Current Employee) –  Castleford, West Yorkshire4 August 2017
Working within Wakefield Council has a lot of good points, however there is a severe lack of communication between management. Also if on agency contract you can struggle to get feedback and secure interviews. Some management can be quite trying and are hard to communicate with. The staff I have worked with in the offices have been brilliant and very friendly and welcoming.
Pros
Set contracted hours
Cons
Lack of communication, uncertainty
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Knottingley, West Yorkshire31 July 2017
I enjoy working here, the staff are lovely. I love the job, good rates of pay. Good working conditions. Pay rate is good. Shifts patterns are good and suitable.
Senior management team awful
Pen pusher (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, West Yorkshire28 June 2017
Senior staff so clicky. If your face fits or you agree with whatever they say you will be fine.
They don't do nothing to help people who are bullied and pushed out by senior management and god help you if you speak out.Dont bother applying as it's like old boys network. Bunch of backstabbers
Pros
Decent wage
Cons
Senior management team. To many of them being paid to be useless
great job - management and hr are bullies
ditto (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, West Yorkshire5 June 2017
I worked for wakey council for a short while, whilst the job was fantastic, management where weak (carried out hr's bully boy tactics), hr are a set of pen pushers who do nothing but bully people for committing minor errors

Loved the job - hated the organisation - they still cant fill my old position
Pros
job varity
Cons
everything else
Very "clicky" but if the face fits it's enjoyable place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, West Yorkshire2 March 2017
The council looks after the wrong people I'm afraid. Management varies from one department to another, lack of communication from officers and departmental directors.

I left as the job insecurity was the main issue due to budget cuts and fed up of seeing the deadwood still in a job.
Pros
Good pay and pension.
Cons
Lack of job security these days
good place to work
team leader driver labourer (Former Employee) –  Castleford Central and Glasshoughton25 February 2017
I worked for Wakefield council for 21 years and overall it was a good place to be good work colleagues good management many years of job security obviously not all tasks were to our liking but you have to put up with the good and bad but in comparison to other companies cannot fault.
Pros
job security good work collegues
Cons
dirty jobs sometimes
good
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Castleford17 February 2017
Good company to work for.
Loyal and understanding
Friendly and approachable
good rates of pay and pension.
good progression options.
Great employer
Horticulture apprentice (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, West Yorkshire7 February 2017
Good company to work for shame about job security. Good day to day responsibilities and great people to work with. I enjoyed my time working here.
Domestic assistant
Domestic Assistant (Current Employee) –  Knottingley, West Yorkshire13 January 2017
I like make rooms smell fresh and clean. By giving the residents clean place to live a has its there home. I clean toliet, bathrooms and resident's rooms. I work apart of our team.
amazing helpful friendly management
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  wakefield1 December 2016
The staff are very friendly and helpful. Very quick at getting you signed up to there company and getting you into work. Over all the experience I had with its itn was brilliant ,
Pros
consistant work
Cons
not always in the same place
To be discussed upon potential interest if necessary.
Peripatetic Support Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Wakefield District13 September 2016
To be discussed upon interest of application if necessary.
Information regarding clients, staff and overall current employment is not allowed under my current contract of employment.
Hard Working
Relief Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Wakefield21 June 2016
This company is good but there is not a lot of hours to go around but all staff are well looked after, treated well and the pay is good for all staff.
Only good if your face fits
Customer Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wakefield one28 April 2016
Worked here on a temporary contract through an agency. Treated differently to permanent staff the place is very clicky especially with management who all stick together and do not include you as part of the staff.

Delighted to leave the place with all the back stabbing and lazy workers who get away with murder. Wouldn't go back for a gold pig
productive
every weekend of
packing yorkshire puddings
Water Sports Receptionist
Receptionist/Administrator (Current Employee) –  Wakefield, ENG12 August 2015
Working for the council allowed me to work within a friendly, supportive team at one of their water sports centers. The role consisted of dealing with the general public, which included a lot of regular visitors.
fun
Casual Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Wakefield, ENG9 August 2015
working for a cleaning company that has potential. health and safety is main priority and well managed, plenty of cleaning products. friendly environment and a great place to work.
Pros
friendly
Cons
not enough hours
Workplace
Market trader in Wakefield November 2009 (Former Employee) –  wakefield12 July 2015
Had to set stall up, get stock ready, greet people, try selling stock to members of public, and replace stock when sold, and pack up at end of day.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Cold snowy weather.
Good place to work for
Technician (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, ENG14 April 2015
Good place to work for. Driving through day to different places and meeting different people. Great team to work with. Felt that I had done a good job.
Pros
Seeing different people
Cons
stressful
Local Government Authority
Payments Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wakefield8 January 2015
A pay freeze has been in effect since 2008 and will last another 5 or 6 years.
I have lost at least £3,008 from below inflation pay rises in the last four years and am set to lose another £506 this year.
Whilst working for the employer has been basically good the job and pay no longer sustain me and there is no Job satisfaction anymore. Which is a shame as i have been with the company for ten years.
This is the hardest part of the job.
Pros
Good work life/balance
Cons
Inadequate salary