Waitrose Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Worst Managemnet in history
Department Manager/Section Manager (Former Employee) –  ST HELIER24 September 2017
Typical day is being micro managed by an over paid BM and his followers who have no back bone and who are more concerned about who is doing who instead of there husbands. The whole culture is poor and the personnel managers are more of a witches convent than an administration role. I would highly recommend that working for such a large company you avoid two of the Jersey branches
Pros
salary
Cons
Bm
ok
Partner (Former Employee) –  Worcester, Worcestershire24 September 2017
just another job the company isnothing special andno different to any other retail job. the people are lovely but thecompany needs to modernise the way they do things without having such an impact on partners and there work life balance.
Pros
benefits and discount/ good people
Cons
poor comunication and management
Great Friendly Staff, Understanding Managers
Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London23 September 2017
Ar my time with Waitrose I felt noticed, as it is a large company and employs a huge number of staff I was surprised all the managers knew all staff on a name basis. Their bonus scheme is superb and the night shift hours I was allocated fit my personal life perfectly.
Pros
Partnership System
Good benefits, poor management
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk22 September 2017
Working on the deli service counter is hard work, with many skills needed.
I personally think those working on service counters should be entitled to a higher income, due to the skills required and constant cutomer service.
Pay and benefits were good, however at times management could be a real let down.
Pros
Partner discounts
Cons
Strict holiday arrangements
Interesting Workplace
Human Resources Manager and Office Manager (Former Employee) –  St Albans21 September 2017
Daily Cash reconcilliations
Recruitment and Training of all new staff
Discplinary Interviews and Note taking where required
Ensuring all Annual and Sick Leave procedures are followed correctly etc
Pros
Staff Welfare very important
Cons
Long days
friendly place to wok
Shop Floor Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shropshire21 September 2017
A typical day at work is working non stop if you work on checkouts, definitely the hardest working department in the shop. Not everyone pulls their weight, best part was seeing customers you served on a daily basis and having a laugh with the other partners.
Pros
partnership card
Cons
not being valued and feeling used
Good as a step in between job
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rustington, West Sussex19 September 2017
Waitrose isn't a place I could see myself working forever, it is more of a step in the right direction. It has provided me with some well needed skills for the future, for example, working in a customer environment, working as part of a team and also working under pressure.

I feel that because I am only part time I haven't been offered the same opportunities as others and would have loved to have been trained in other areas sooner as they had promised.
Pros
Bonus
Cons
Low pay
Good part-time job
Shop Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire18 September 2017
Very nice colleagues and good management. Hard work and sometimes long hours. Sometimes get rude customers but not the companies fault, just the way it is.
production and fun
Supermarket Assistant (Current Employee) –  St Albans17 September 2017
i have worked here for 7 years- it is versatile and fun. The partners are so lovely and everyone is a team player. This is why i have worked here for so long.
Pros
great lunch
Cons
poor wage
Enjoyable job with great partners
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Cheshire17 September 2017
Fantastic experience working with Waitrose, fantastic partners in branch. Great development opportunities present with a constant democracy feature in place
Time management (Former Employee) –  Reading16 September 2017
A typical day at work, would consist of me getting cages out to the shop floor and getting all the stock out to the right places.In addition, I would also be asked where certain products are by costumers.
Used to be fun
Food Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Surbiton, Greater London15 September 2017
Poor management in my branch which caused the partners to be over worked as under staffing was a problem.
Poor training of new partners
Learned lots of skills:
customer service
food service
legal paperwork
cleaning rotas
Pros
John lewis discount
Cons
moor management
nice people
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bishops Stortford, UK14 September 2017
I worked at Waitrose when I was in high school, and it was a perfect job for my circumstances. The hours fitted in with school and with my homework and I still had time to keep playing sport. If I wanted extra hours, they were often available, with extra pay around holidays. This was beneficial as I could work a lot during my school holidays to save up money. The management was very good, as well as very friendly. There were a lot of out of work activities to participate in, such as theatre trips and summer parties. The people I worked with were very friendly too, and always made you feel welcome and part of the group. Overall, it was a very good environment for a student, with an effective management team. I enjoyed my two years at the company and made some good friends while I was there.
Great environment with advancement options
Team Leader/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London14 September 2017
Its a good place to work with a helpful and supportive environment. A typical day is very fulfilling as you get to help people all day long, which feels rewarding.
Pros
discounts
productive and fun workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brighton and Hove, East Sussex13 September 2017
often had only my own company which is something i dont really enjoy, and many of my colleagues were a lot older. it was quite a nice environment to just get my head down and get the job done. there also is no radio in the shop.
Pros
lunch discounts
Cons
boring
Replishment and Customer Service (evening)
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eaton, Norwich13 September 2017
Part time temporary seasonal role. Good friendly colleagues in a small local store working two evenings a week. I learned good transferable retail skills including: hygiene, health and safety, stock rotation and facing up. i also learned good customer interaction. This was important as it was my first job after leaving school
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Night management were slightly detached
Bad place
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Bracknell12 September 2017
I want forrgot about this place. Waste of time. If you are yound and you want lose your time so yes it's the best place to work and fill your self like a unusefull thing go on then
Poor management
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stevenage, Hertfordshire12 September 2017
Managers pressure you to work hours you do not want you to do and expect you to do everything for them, but will not help you out in return. You are constantly spoken down to and shown that you are below them. Dynamic and ambience in the store changed completely. They had less staff and more work and expected you to complete it all. What was once a great place to work has gone seriously downhill.
Excellent company to work for.
Supermarket Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hitchin, Hertfordshire11 September 2017
Many company benefits as well as a competitive wage. Good management team to guide and progress staff. The team work very well together both at work and socially. Out if work Gatling s are a regular feature.
productive and fun place to work
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Caversham, Berkshire11 September 2017
all employees easy to work with and the store has a great work environment. contracts are flexible if you need them to be,for example if you have an appointment during one of your shifts, your manager will happily change the shift slightly to revolve around important dates and events

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Waitrose. Our community is ready to answer.

Waitrose Reviews by Location