Vue Cinemas Employee Reviews

Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  London14 November 2017
typical day at work .... Boring mornings picks ups during 5pm onwards

what i learned ... Nothing i already knew

Management ... Dis-jointed,Unorganised,Unfriendly,Rude,forgetful

workplace culture ... calm vibe easy going people, always new people because a lot of staff come and go very quickly.

the hardest part of the job .. is to put up with the team-leaders and managers attitude and poor lack of common sense. That being said its not rocket science its a very easy job selling popcorn and tickets.

most enjoyable part of the job ... not much to enjoy unless you have a day off and watch a free movie ;)
Pros
Free tickets
Cons
not enough hours
Productive and fun place to work
Management Accountant (Former Employee) –  Chiswick, Greater London10 November 2017
Sending out reports
Reviewing P&L for line items
I have learned to communicate better in a work environment
Work place culture is a team environment
Have social team building events and team lunches
Good benifits but everything else pretty much sucks
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, Lancashire22 October 2017
The free tickets and 40% discount was great. However management will take away the free tickets over the smallest mistake. Management are very unfair on staff. Issues such as bullying and favouritism is another big problem with management. The job it self isn't difficult however you are expected to do a lot for such little pay. Also if you are not liked by the management team they will literary find anything that give them grounds to fire you.

When my time there finished I tried leave on a good note and was very polite "thanks of letting me work here. It was good while it lasted." Just to find out the management still try blame me for external problem that happen to the cinema. I also don't feel like I get the same respect as other customers when I go to watch a movie. It's ridiculous.

So If you are going to work here. One piece of advice, DON'T. But if you do best of luck, really.

P.s. staff tend to be nice it is literally the management they are just the worst and because they've done it all before and got away with it there is nothing you can do.
Pros
Staff tickets and discount
Cons
Everything else
Bad company, bad management.
Customer Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Farnborough8 October 2017
I was treated badly by my mangers and told i was on a 12 hour contract, however, this was reduced to 4 without my awareness. I did not enjoy my time here.
Horrible place to work
CA (Former Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire7 October 2017
Management will not honour the availability that you give.

4 hour contract, will suit them to give you 4 hours or 50 when they please.

High turnover of staff.
Pros
Free films
Cons
Poor management, minimum wage
a good workplace
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stratford, Greater London21 September 2017
The place was good to work at, there is always some thing to do while you are there. There are a lot of benefits working there as well so it was always fun to work at vue.
Pros
free cinema tickets
Cons
managers abusing their power
overall
Customer assistant (Current Employee) –  Sheffield18 September 2017
The place has a friendly environment and some good pros (free movies and food & drinks discounts) but some very bad cons if your looking hours (very short hours). They try to employ as many people (young age if preferable)
They also always add new things for more jobs to do but never remove things to make it easier for other staff
Pros
free movies and food & drink discounts
Cons
very short hours
fun
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Leeds And Bradford15 September 2017
I recently joined this place its a good place you can get to know everyone so quickly and efficiently which is like being in a family and everyone respects your personal opinion
Pros
free movies
Cons
nowt
fine for a part time job
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen14 September 2017
good hours, easy work, generally cleaning and till-point sales, training was not thorough but was all on the job and asking questions was easy as you were rarely left alone, and were almost always with other people at your level
Pros
really good concessions discounts and free films
Cons
late closes, very variable with business/quietness
Terrible company to work for!
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh13 September 2017
Worked for about 5 weeks part time and was still trying to get the hang of everything when was told to come in and fired there and then.
No warning no chance to improve and didn't make any major mistakes.
I've heard they hire many people for few hours so they can get the most out of minimum wage and not have to give breaks.
Pros
Free cinema tickets
Cons
Wages, management, lack of communication, treatment of staff
Terrible place
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands9 September 2017
Absolute terrible place most of the management team do nothing to help you when you're busy or rushed off your feet. One manager in particular was fired then brought back then fired again was given more advantages then most of the staff members. If you're new be prepared for long hours no breaks and absolutely no benefits. It is NOT worth the free tickets. RUN!!!!
Pros
Nice people to work with
Cons
Everything other than the pro
high standards
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Darlington, Durham9 September 2017
great place to work, hours are not to suit everyone. good team players, managers help when its busy and it does get busy. would also get opportunity to see movies before release
Pros
free cinema tickets
Cons
late shifts
Fun of loads got along with the whole team
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London stratford5 September 2017
Gd place to start ur working life if I must say very simple to get the hang, simple tasks nothing to hard.
The team learners are grate fun to work with and thy will teach u everything there is to know.
All in all it a gd job
Horrible Staff, Disgusting Environment
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Purley Way, Greater London16 August 2017
I worked at the purley way branch for around 3 months and have to say i used to dread going in. the pay is awful and the managers expect you to do so much more then you should. Staff often talk about others in front of them, there wasn't even any lockers to put our belongings when we got there.The hygiene in there is disgusting i'm surprised they're allowed to still operate. behind the ben and jerry's counter there is all dead flies on the wall , theres all fruit flies where they load the fizzy drinks it's awful. very short hours as well unless you were in with the manager.
Pros
free tickets
Cons
unhygienic, short hours, bad pay
Amazing place to work!
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Exeter4 August 2017
Great supportive environment! Really loved working here and would definitely work there again! Perfect for anyone but even better for those who are interested in film!
Would not like to go back here.
CUSTOMER ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh2 August 2017
I did not enjoy my time here, The hours were unsocial with no benefit for working very poor hours. Small contracted hours which were not always kept. The managers pressured the staff to constantly up sell products and was punished if not meeting targets.
zero hour contract
Guest Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sheffield24 July 2017
this was my dream job as i am massive cinephile but there was no proper contracts only zero hour there was no chance to progress. as management very rarely left
Awful
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, Lancashire6 July 2017
Nothing is ever good enough. Pay is lousy. Bullying is rife, particularly from management - an issue for many years but nothing is ever done. Hours are very low, to the benefit of managers. Hours inevitably go to those who are 'in' with the managers. Opinions and grievances are not tolerated. The only good part of the job is the people. Everybody is in the same boat, and try to keep each other's spirits up.

I can't speak for other locations, but Lancaster Vue is a nasty place to work. Glad I got out.
Pros
free tickets
Cons
everything else
Managers are totally rude
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stratford, Greater London5 July 2017
The managers are absolutely rude they shout at you if they see a piece of popcorn on the floor FYI talking about the small bald head manager. Then there is some other manager beginning with C totally rude she thinks she is all important and acts so prestige doesn't sympathies during difficult situations. Hate all managers they all need replacing. Pay is too low. Hours too long. Brakes too short.
Not recommended to work there
Pros
Free tickets
Cons
Rubbish managers. Rude managers.
good for students
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Harrow on the Hill, Greater London5 July 2017
fun to work at times but the management was awful. good for students because of discounts and flexibility. No advancements in the company and you do more for what you earn.
Pros
discount
Cons
hours