VSG Employee Reviews

Great benefits, easy to use systems, great training and development opportunities
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  North West12 January 2018
I've worked for several security companies in my years of security, and VSG are by far the best I have worked for so far. Never any issues with pay, I can use the portal to set my availability and request holidays, I can request training and create development plans. My managers are always open to lend an ear and always try to support as best they can. Some of the other officers can be hard to work with but it's the same anywhere. The company benefits is great, money off all sorts. I save hundreds off my family holiday last year!
Pros
Do what they can for their officers
Cons
Other officers can be hard work and stuck in their ways
Satisfactory
CONTROLLER, (Former Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead6 January 2018
Team play was key and very critical to our daily operations, as I relied on every member of the team I assign to a role to perform for our overall success. As each role or assignment complements the other.
Cleaner
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Bath, Somerset6 December 2017
Awfull management are terrible sometimes pay is wrong took one month to correct no one to talk to about stock ect 90% of the time then pay was not right about 4 or 5 times just a terrible company to work for
Pros
Cons
To many to mention
Great
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Northampton8 November 2017
Good Company to work for as I went back again after moving back to Milton Keynes.

You are well looked after, and teams were great to work with.

Worked all aspects of Security with the company
Pros
Can go far
great employer
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Maidstone, Kent30 October 2017
i have worked with this employer for over 5 years and have enjoyed the variety of work that they have given me, but would like to progress up the career ladder and this company have given me the opportunity to do so.
Pros
great employer
Cons
not enough work in Kent
Very bad...
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Scotland22 October 2017
Thay are taking over prestige contracts by offering the most competetive prices and eventually turning them into a complete mess. Old fashioned cowboys are managing the business in Scotland who has no clue about business and employment relations.
Pros
*NATIONAL LIVING WAGE (mostly minimum wage)
Cons
*POOR MANAGEMENT (ex army, cops, bouncers etc)
Cctv operator (Current Employee) –  Glenrothes, Fife5 October 2017
Good company to work for management are very helpful to assist with any problems would recommend this company to anyone looking for a good job and pleasant team
Pros
Decent pay and hours
Cons
Not enough hours
Lots of empty promises
SECURITY OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Basildon28 September 2017
The company gives you lots of empty promises and fails to meet them, Not only that but they set their bar low and repeatedly attempt to even leave the ground.
Pros
Lots of hours
Cons
Bad Management, Bad Head Office
very bad
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands20 September 2017
no management contact and do not care about health and safety issues that are raised.
very unprofessional attitude towards security guards.
took me a year to sort out "tupe" requirements
maintenance and cleaning
Cleaning Operative (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London12 July 2017
Cleaning of windows, cleaning of service areas with water and chemical to eliminate odors of scabs and urine of people, help colleagues in cardboard recycling area, glass recycling, replenish and bring material storage necessary for cleaning, patrol inside Mall.
Pros
Breakfast time is good
Cons
Help is needed to maintain all clean area
Great place brilliant work mates.
Customer service co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Grimsby, Lincolnshire5 July 2017
I started at Freshney place shopping centre as a sub contracted guard,i was then offered a full time position and took it. i spent over 7.5 years progressing through the company to a supervisor and working along side my team of guards. I would love to go back and work here as my contract ended due to poor management decisions.
Pros
great colleagues
Cons
Site Ai's
Probably the top security company to work for
Corporate Receptionist (Former Employee) –  160 Queen Victoria Street8 June 2017
I was employed by VSG as a corporate security receptionist at Queen Victoria Street. I have to says VSG has probably been one of the best security company I have ever worked for. The salary was adequate and it was paid always on time (unlike now non existing shield guarding). The team are all really nice chaps, management always on hand and very helpful. Our good team work was always recognised.
Pros
helpful and fast acting management
Worst place ive worked
Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Swindon, Wiltshire6 June 2017
Terrible manager support no help at all with no support...Promises from management that didn't happen which intern put more preasure on me was a really stressfull place with a big turn over in staff
great place to work poor management and organisation.
security officer (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire24 May 2017
i enjoed working at the location of Peterborough city hospital the people i worked with was great, the management was not so great things cause have been improved greatly the pay was minimal and the duties were ineffective the communication was poor.
Pros
contracted hours when being relief
Cons
long hours, little pay and not a good shift pattern
Petty management
Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside22 May 2017
I was taken on as mobile support/ cover.
I told them when I started I would be at a wedding at a certain date in the lakes.
No phone signal in the lakes.
I arrive back home and have been dismissed.
Manager non existent. Control room staff are great. Few angry old timers working the sites that hate new faces and complain.
Pros
Good hourly rate
Cons
Unqualified managements, Disillusioned employees.
Many of clients have no idea about vsg ethics ie over charging !
S/o (Former Employee) –  London24 April 2017
Terrible management through out, management always unavaliable never answer phone calls or E-mails.
Your classed as threat if you know employee law.
Pros
Never see senior managemment as a they don't care about the front line s/o
Cons
If your sick then your classed as a bad employee !
Management are a disgrace
Security Officer/ data controller (Current Employee) –  Glasgow6 April 2017
Do not work for this company. They are a shambles and not interested in their staff whatsoever. I was dismissed for speaking out and took them to a tribal for thousands. I was not the only person. Turnover was ridiculous.
Pros
Cons
Too many to write down
Patrol ans customer service
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Oxford, Oxfordshire25 March 2017
In a tipical day we was opening our center and checking ( patrol ) the center, customer service: answer the phone, giveing acces to contractors on the site and book them in.
Laughable management
Controller (Former Employee) –  Southend-on-Sea, Essex18 March 2017
The site management are very cliquey and a law unto themselves... Those who are in the clique tend to do as they please while others are reprimanded for the slightest of things and left to pick up the slack.
A lot of tactical manipulation / bullying of staff from site management and if you spoke out against this or didn't conform to the way they run their little empire this would be seen as "underminding or disrespecting management", you would be pulled up every excuse they can get until a case can be built against you....
Pros
Training programs
Cons
Pay does not reflect the work load. Poor management.
Great workplace
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  West Midlands8 March 2017
A good company with a good record for progression for the career you choose.

They have an excellent training program for managers and cleaning staff which is very good for all involved.
Pros
very good prospects