VSG Employee Reviews

Cctv operator (Current Employee) –  Glenrothes, Fife5 October 2017
Good company to work for management are very helpful to assist with any problems would recommend this company to anyone looking for a good job and pleasant team
Pros
Decent pay and hours
Cons
Not enough hours
Lots of empty promises
SECURITY OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Basildon28 September 2017
The company gives you lots of empty promises and fails to meet them, Not only that but they set their bar low and repeatedly attempt to even leave the ground.
Pros
Lots of hours
Cons
Bad Management, Bad Head Office
very bad
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands20 September 2017
no management contact and do not care about health and safety issues that are raised.
very unprofessional attitude towards security guards.
took me a year to sort out "tupe" requirements
Great place brilliant work mates.
Customer service co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Grimsby, Lincolnshire5 July 2017
I started at Freshney place shopping centre as a sub contracted guard,i was then offered a full time position and took it. i spent over 7.5 years progressing through the company to a supervisor and working along side my team of guards. I would love to go back and work here as my contract ended due to poor management decisions.
Pros
great colleagues
Cons
Site Ai's
Probably the top security company to work for
Corporate Receptionist (Former Employee) –  160 Queen Victoria Street8 June 2017
I was employed by VSG as a corporate security receptionist at Queen Victoria Street. I have to says VSG has probably been one of the best security company I have ever worked for. The salary was adequate and it was paid always on time (unlike now non existing shield guarding). The team are all really nice chaps, management always on hand and very helpful. Our good team work was always recognised.
Pros
helpful and fast acting management
Worst place ive worked
Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Swindon, Wiltshire6 June 2017
Terrible manager support no help at all with no support...Promises from management that didn't happen which intern put more preasure on me was a really stressfull place with a big turn over in staff
great place to work poor management and organisation.
security officer (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire24 May 2017
i enjoed working at the location of Peterborough city hospital the people i worked with was great, the management was not so great things cause have been improved greatly the pay was minimal and the duties were ineffective the communication was poor.
Pros
contracted hours when being relief
Cons
long hours, little pay and not a good shift pattern
Petty management
Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside22 May 2017
I was taken on as mobile support/ cover.
I told them when I started I would be at a wedding at a certain date in the lakes.
No phone signal in the lakes.
I arrive back home and have been dismissed.
Manager non existent. Control room staff are great. Few angry old timers working the sites that hate new faces and complain.
Pros
Good hourly rate
Cons
Unqualified managements, Disillusioned employees.
Many of clients have no idea about vsg ethics ie over charging !
S/o (Former Employee) –  London24 April 2017
Terrible management through out, management always unavaliable never answer phone calls or E-mails.
Your classed as threat if you know employee law.
Pros
Never see senior managemment as a they don't care about the front line s/o
Cons
If your sick then your classed as a bad employee !
Management are a disgrace
Security Officer/ data controller (Current Employee) –  Glasgow6 April 2017
Do not work for this company. They are a shambles and not interested in their staff whatsoever. I was dismissed for speaking out and took them to a tribal for thousands. I was not the only person. Turnover was ridiculous.
Pros
Cons
Too many to write down
Patrol ans customer service
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Oxford, Oxfordshire25 March 2017
In a tipical day we was opening our center and checking ( patrol ) the center, customer service: answer the phone, giveing acces to contractors on the site and book them in.
Laughable management
Controller (Former Employee) –  Southend-on-Sea, Essex18 March 2017
The site management are very cliquey and a law unto themselves... Those who are in the clique tend to do as they please while others are reprimanded for the slightest of things and left to pick up the slack.
A lot of tactical manipulation / bullying of staff from site management and if you spoke out against this or didn't conform to the way they run their little empire this would be seen as "underminding or disrespecting management", you would be pulled up every excuse they can get until a case can be built against you....
Pros
Training programs
Cons
Pay does not reflect the work load. Poor management.
Great workplace
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  West Midlands8 March 2017
A good company with a good record for progression for the career you choose.

They have an excellent training program for managers and cleaning staff which is very good for all involved.
Pros
very good prospects
Cons
Best security company to work for
security site retail manager (Current Employee) –  Liverpool22 February 2017
I've been in the industry over 19 years and worked for almost every security firm in the country (tupe over most times )
I've seen a lot of negative reviews on here but obviously if you ain't up for it then you will put negative reviews
Excellent training facilities and always pay on time
Beat any other security firm
Pros
Lots of areas were you can progress your carreer opportunities
Exellent Employer
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Basingstoke, Hampshire3 February 2017
I had a very good experience working with VSG they really look after there employee's, Flexible in there shift patterns and will help when last minute holiday is require
Pros
Exellent company to work for
Cons
shift work can be iregular
Better than any other
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hertfordshire30 January 2017
I Tupe'd to VSG having been in the industry for many years Tuping to many times and VSG are by far the best.

Good progression and training if you want it, with development invested.

E learning is first class.
Pros
Training, progression and management
Never Known Such A Bad Company!
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Gloucestershire26 January 2017
Since VSG has taken over at my site. I can safely say as a company i am not very impressed. to me the job culture is not good.
Little interaction with my Line manager - Have more interaction with my Site Supervisor and other Team Leaders. never see the contracts manger ether when he visits.

When VSG were taking over i was told about job advancement never seen this since i started with them. or had the chance.

Salary for a team leader at £8.30 grossly underpaid for the workload. should be more like £12.00 - training and ongoing training non existent. the training courses you are forced to complete are irrelevant to security industry & the job which involves more about catering or cleaning. and if you don't complete you get threatened with Disciplinary action. and work life balance is non existent due to shift pattern. but luckily the only good thing about my job is my Site Supervisor who helps with this.

as a company i don't recommend as you are not told when joining this company it is part of the compass group. my advice think before you join. as soon as i have another job i will be gone and this has put me off the security industry for good.
Pros
Site Supervisor only one of management team that helps you.
Cons
Site manager and the company whole ethos is rubbish
Amazing team mates
Customer service co-ordinator / CCTV operative (Former Employee) –  Grimsby, Lincolnshire18 January 2017
Worked at Freshney place shopping centre for over 7 years and was really happy,until i was reported by a colleague who had a problem with me. My manager at the time did not support me even though he knew of the issues,i was sacked due to breach of media policy,but offered another job but had no transport to get there unfortunately.
Pros
Great staff and made lots of friends
Cons
unsupported by manager
Avoid!!
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Devon2 January 2017
Would rather have to claim benefits than ever work for this company again. I was employed through Compass Group (ICM), I received no training for the job, was expected to work till 11pm at night and then start again at 5am in the morning. I was never given my contracted hours of employment, was always way under or well over. Never received any pay until I went to seek advice from CAB and I am still waiting for £400+ of my wages. Awful company to work for, there is no communication between departments and neither department (payroll or HR or line manager) can ever give you a straight answer. Sack you for ridiculous reasons ie: calling up payroll and telling them its ridiculous that they haven't yet paid you! There is nothing good to say about this company at all, it would seem a bunch of monkeys run it seems as neither one of them have a clue about anything. I would advise anyone considering taking up employment with the company to AVOID! It is not worth the hassle they bring with them, basically employing people to work for nothing as they with-hold wages.
Pros
None.
Cons
With-holding pay, no training, unsociable hours.
Run run run
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Cov21 December 2016
A complete waste of space company you get accused of being a racist when ur not by other officers and all the officers think they are the best and should be supervisors when they are no good management are even worse avoid avoid avoid
Pros
No pros