Vodafone Employee Reviews

Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire7 November 2017
Good place to work.
Lots of opportunities to move around the business and learn different skills.
Fun bunch of colleagues.
Benefits ok.
Flexible appraoch.
Hard Working but Enjoyable
Sales (Current Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk6 November 2017
The people to work with are delightful, and management take into great consideration about personal life and well-being. Can be quite stressful however, in terms of being able to hit the monthly KPI and trying to stand out among the region and the division. It's nice that everyone has to work as a team so there is little rivalry.
Pros
Strong team work
Cons
Many stressful situations
Great Internship
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Newbury, Berkshire6 November 2017
Interned for 10 weeks with the Vodafone Explore Program, in the Research Department at Newbury HQ. Insightful experience, a an amazing working environment, the only problem I would find would be the lack of proper work as an intern, even though personally my job in research was fullfilling.
Good ideas, Poorly executed
Retail Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Guildford, Surrey6 November 2017
I enjoyed my time working at Vodafone and I met a lot of very interesting characters. It definitely helped me to develop new skills with regards to sales and communication. However, the poor management and inconsistency of team members led to a lot of issues in the store.
Good environment to learn within
Service Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester5 November 2017
Good environment to learn within. MGMT are not very good, they want yes men. Anybody who questions things is immediately regarded as a problem. People are not progressed on merit/hard work.
Pros
Good work life balance
Cons
bad MGMT
Awful place to work
Small Business Sales (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff30 October 2017
An absolute joke of a company!!!! It started ok but went down hill dramatically after training! They don't care about you!! Last resort kinda job!! They told me I had to come in the day a member of my family passed away otherwise they would mark me down as awol!! Do not work for this company unless it's just a pit stop in your career!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pros
Easy job to get
Cons
unprofessional, management are rubbish, great amount of turnover for staff, insensitive, does not look after staff, pay is always wrong and you have to chase it up and you receive it a couple of weeks after payday, sometimes you never receive the pay you are owed. I could list allot more!!!
work place atmophere
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Norwich29 October 2017
The people within inside the job were enjoyable to work with but the job itself is stressful and a claustrophobic environment to be in.

Very little time for rest but overall the job itself is rewarding knowing you have helped
Pros
stable job
Cons
constantly working
Good
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Manchester24 October 2017
Good place to work. Great benefits and incentives when hitting targets. Sometimes the prices make the product hard to sell. Overall, enjoyable company and can earn a lot of money.
Fun place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Worksop19 October 2017
Enjoyed dealing with customers in store and assisting them with their requirements. Liked the staff I worked with, they were all helpful and supportive. This was a work experience opportunity but I gained upto date customer service skills which will help me secure a paid role in a retail environment.
Pros
Free lunch and really nice work colleagues.
Cons
Quite slow in the shop not enough customers
Productive and fun
Resource Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Home Based19 October 2017
Productive and fun. Great innovative company, strive to create great job/work balance. Forward thinking with job shares and opportunities to work from home.
Stress, poor comms and inappropriate bevahviour
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bracknell19 October 2017
Had several PMs over a period of 9 months, last one hadn't a clue about telecomms, didn't understand processes or data.
Strong blame culture.
Little consideration for work-life balance.
Would never work there again
Pros
local office near lake
Cons
Blame culture, lack of processes, poor planning
Retail Sales (Former Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim18 October 2017
Sales Manager excellent and supportive
Staff very supportive
Target driven job in a fun and vibrant atmosphere
Extra hours available if positive attitude is shown
Pros
Management and Staff
Energetic environment
Client Lead (Current Employee) –  LIW16 October 2017
Very positive & 'can do' sort of place, sadly delivery of services falls behind the promises made. Good folks and curates egg on the management front.
Pros
The buzz
Cons
Delivery
Fast Paced, Thriving
PMO Manager (Current Employee) –  Newbury, Berkshire16 October 2017
I learnt and developed my skills as a PMO to the highest quality while at my previous employee. Inldued working with Internal and External Customers and all levels of Stakeholder Management.
Pros
Excellent brand and offices
Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  Newbury, Berkshire16 October 2017
Really enjoyed working within a team, gained much experience working with mixed cultures which enhanced my communication skill set. Hardest part of the job, at times, was breaking down barriers to obtain vital information to resolve a high level incident and within the agreed timescales, but most rewarding when the incident is resolved and the Business is really happy and impressed with our service.
Pros
Local, so less travelling... Great facilities i.e Gym, Staff Restaurant, Vodafone Bus Service
Cons
Long hours at times
Challenging - but can be fruitful.
Capacity Manager (Former Employee) –  London13 October 2017
Typical large company ethos and environment.

Vodafone is not a bad company to work for, but it is very large and there is a danger of being lost, forgotten or left behind/not progressing. Being in the right environment within the organisation and among like minded individuals/colleagues will make the experience a lot more enjoyable and fruitful from a career perspective.
Overall experience is not good
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol12 October 2017
• Facilitated one-to-one interviews, meetings and workshops with internal and external stakeholders to gather requirements
• Conducted feasibility study to determine that the requirements collected are viable technically, operationally and economically.
• Raised business proposition document based on the initial requirements and raised change request to go through the PMO process.
My experiences at Vodafone
Technical Manager (Current Employee) –  Cheltenham, Gloucestershire9 October 2017
Vodafone has taught me various skills that I can transition into any other company/environment. I guide and coach a team on a day to day basis.
I lead the tech aspects of the retail store for my team and across a region that consists 17 other stores.
I encounter a range of customer experiences positive and sometimes negative but I will always do what is right for the customer finding the best solution.
Vodafone
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Newark-on-Trent9 October 2017
A typical day includes both dealing with customers via the telephone and email. Enquiries can range from "my phone doesn't work" to "my invoice appears to be incorrect". This means using both personal knowledge or directing the query to the correct person or department who would be able to provide the answer. The hardest part of this job has been keeping up with the fast moving changes in the telephone industry with changes tariff's and roaming charges. The workplace tries to keep motivation high by offering discounts from partner services and discounts on telephony services.
Pros
good hours of work
Cons
ever changing rules
mis managed
Delivery specialist (Current Employee) –  all over9 October 2017
Heavily miss managed and silo based structures have created a headless chicken approach to revenue growth.

Unclear strategies and short term reactive business- unclear of its identify in the market place any more
Pros
Flexibke working
Cons
reverting most of its beneifits programs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vodafone. Our community is ready to answer.