Vodafone Employee Reviews

dont its bad
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Rotherham, South Yorkshire22 September 2017
you wont get anywhere and the place is not up to par people on phones miss selling and lack of communication they will not entertain you if your not able to do the work
Pros
good money
Cons
long hours and travel
Fast paced but fun sales enviroment
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Horsham, West Sussex20 September 2017
Vodafone is the world’s second largest telecommunications company in which the retail stores are very fast paced sales driven environment. Since starting as a Christmas temp I have always driven myself and my team to succeed in both driving our commercial figures while providing the utmost quality in customer service.

The most enjoyable part of he job is working together as a close team to meet company targets and expectations while remaining customer focused. I find the hardest part of the job is it being part of such a fast paced environment with both products and competitors always changing
Pros
employee benefits and discounts
Cons
Long days, short lunches, large number of targets
All depends what you are looking for.
Vodafone Telesales (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent15 September 2017
Very stressful and put under a lot of pressure from day one, it is a very good job if you are looking for a pressured environment, it has the potential to earn a lot of money if you are good at telesales.
Could do better for Staff
Soultion Design Authority (Current Employee) –  Bracknell, Berkshire14 September 2017
Not great on staff wellbeing. The management currently treat the staff like 5 year ols, making them work at a desk in an office for the contract hours.

They have no flexiable working arangements that can be useful, you are allowed 4 days a month to work from home.
Good salary but no progression
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside12 September 2017
Can be a fun and friendly atmosphere, learnt a lot of interpersonal skills and communication skills. Unfortunately, there are hardly any employee benefits, and no emphasis on employee wellbeing and no room for progression;
be careful of watchdog
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Nottinghamshire6 September 2017
was working their for just over a month an then all of a sudden , my manager rang me on my day of and told me i was fired because i failed the second watchdog check. I asked why and she couldn't tell me why due to data protection. I rang up watchdog and all i got was passed around and no answers. enjoyed working in my store but the fact that they seem to just let me go with no answers has ruined it for me.
Productive Workplace
Web Chat Adviser (Former Employee) –  Middleton6 September 2017
Dealing with existing customer enquiries on line through live web chat. Assisting customers with the best deals for early upgrades on their mobile contracts, taking & processing orders for new handsets, tablets etc, Also processing disconnections.
High tech workplace
Manager (Current Employee) –  Home based29 August 2017
Working at Vodafone gives you access to many different customers. Culture and company is dominated by sales. Vodafone brand well known and powerful across the globe
Pros
Vodafone brand
Cons
People Management
Great people great atomosphere poor training
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent21 August 2017
The training is good but doesn't prepare you for the job I don't think anything will. Customers are rude to you as they've bin mistreated by Vodafone and everything will be taken out on you. Also the targets change every month and they don't change for the better. If everyone does well they will make them impossible to hit. The only people that hit all the targets and get good money are those who are close to the manager or dodgey. The atomosphere is brilliant it is really laid back and the people are extremely friendly. Staff turnover is terrible. People come and go extremely quick!
Pros
Good money
Cons
Long hours lots of weekends and hard targets
A company requiring major transformation
Consultancy (Former Employee) –  Newbury, Berkshire21 August 2017
Working at Vodafone has been an experience. The culture needs to change in the middle management. Too many managers with a focus on doing what is right for the individual career and not the company objectives, vision and mission. Too many organisation/companies with own CxO level staff all running in different directions. Will be a world beating organisation when they get it working.
Pros
great coffee
Cons
very long hours
so bad
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Leeds21 August 2017
pay is great

management are a joke

processes for customers service is a complete joke

other departments dont do there job, who are not on the phones and you get the brunt of the anger of customers because other departments dont do their jobs with a simple sms or email to notify them
Pros
pay is good
Cons
shifts, management, processes
bad environment
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Manchester17 August 2017
No organisation, Bad management on helping customers with their problems.
Management were lazy and would give the advisors the management work that they aren't trained, qualified or just don't the general knowledge to deal with a specific call only management can deal with

at converges manchester
Good management
Solution Architect (Former Employee) –  Newbury, Berkshire15 August 2017
As a solution architect within Pre sales the work was interesting and I joined Vodafone after 10 years of contracting for security only to be made redundant.
My management team were very supportive and overall good to work for.
The Vodafone group had some interesting areas and without the re-org I believe i would have enjoyed a career there.
Pros
hire car and working from home
Cons
job security
good company
SENIOR HR CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  romania10 August 2017
Good Hr school for those that want to develop their skills; very modern and young atmosphere and typical british culture. Would recommend further to friends.
Used to be great.
Sales Trainer/ account manager (Former Employee) –  Newark-on-Trent10 August 2017
I had many year enjoying working at Vodafone, and there are some lovely people working there.
The management seem so Newbury based that they had become very disjointed from real life and didn't seem to know enough about how their decisions affect staff at ground level and customers.
Shame, I hope it gets back to what it was once,
Pros
good pay and conditions.
Cons
lack of knowledge and common sense, and the inability to react to customer and staff feedback.
Fun Environment and professional working
Que manager (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh9 August 2017
An amazing company and place to work, with a constant support within the team members and management. At Vodafone you are updated on the technology and offers and ready to support and help every need.
Pros
Bonus
productive and fun
LBM Direct Marketing, Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester3 August 2017
typical sales job, limited progression, good learning experience, however got boring at times an not much support offered from managers or company as a whole
Pros
good team environment
Cons
boring
Worked as a contrator through mitie
Travel Team Administrator (Former Employee) –  Newbury, Berkshire28 July 2017
I was representing Vodafone through MITIE as a contractor. ,This was not my formal employer although I worked in the building for two years and a few months prior as a temp.
Training
Customer Relations Advisor (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester27 July 2017
The training is just fare the floor grad bay is very very poor! No support no feedback. The probation time is just fly by the seat of your pants, but make mistakes and your gone!!!!
Pros
great people
Cons
No feedback at all make mistakes and your gone!No time to grow.
Work place
Senior Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London25 July 2017
Great environment but i believe this depends on the store you work in and the manager you also have. My manager personally makes work great and he's very understanding and incredibly fair in all aspects.

Hardest part is miscommunication from customer services which then sends angry customers into store as customer services feed them wrong information.

I believe the manager of the shop is important because if he's great the environment will be great which means the store performs well.
Pros
Vouchers, Salary
Cons
The only people who are only really looked after are the top flight management I.e Regional above

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vodafone. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval