Vision Express Employee Reviews

Fun and enriching
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Hounslow, Greater London4 November 2017
Though my stay was very small, I enjoyed working at vision express, I felt I was enhancing my independence and the staff was really friendly. Personally I would like to work there again.
Pros
1 hour lunch break
Tech
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  South Shields, Tyne and Wear3 November 2017
I worked in the lab full time by myself, I did everything from ordering lens, glazing glasses and hand edging lens, I maintained all the machines and phoned all suppliers. I also worked on the shop floor at the same time when the store became busy.

· Glazing / Hand edging lens
· Order and chase delayed lens
· Maintenance of machines
· Chashing up
· Open/close store
Pros
Good company
Data entry clerk
Data Entry Clerk (returns) (Former Employee) –  Nottingham22 October 2017
Decent work atmosphere and very relaxed environment, low targets which allow you to work at a flat rate in order to complete the job to a high standard.
Great job if your face fits
Optical Advisor (Former Employee) –  UK19 October 2017
Is a great working environment provided you meet the criteria of the manager. (That's socially and not about your ability to do the job)
Great Benefits and the chance to further your career if meeting the right criteria depending on who your manager is.
I enjoyed meeting new people everyday from all walks of life and enjoyed giving good customer service and resolving any issues when they arose. The opticians are generally amazing and while being professional they were good fun to work with.
Pros
Free Glasses for yourself and vouchers for money off for friends and family every year
Cons
Felt like no real support
Administrator (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London13 October 2017
It was a good experience working at Vision Express. It was my first time working in a Optician and also as Administrator. Learned a lot about everything such as having a good organisational skills and use initiative and multitask. To handle queries from employees and managers via telephone/email. Ensuring that the customers needs are met is always the top priority.
Pros
Friendly management
Not bad
Technician laboratory worker (Current Employee) –  Technician laboratory11 October 2017
Work is easy, but they should pay more for contract worker. Contract worker are on same level like new people from agency with wage and they have to do much more.
Pros
Some company events like open doors for company workers family
Cons
Unpaid breaks
Good employers.
Dispensing Optician/ assistant manager (Current Employee) –  Scunthorpe10 October 2017
They are a good, honest company to work for that you can easily work your way up with if you have to right attitude and enthusiasm.

I would recommend them.
productive
Optical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire7 October 2017
long hours of working and we were never allowed to sit in a 8:00-17:00 work shift period. However it taught me a lot about work life and taught me a lot about customer service and confidence.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
long hours of standing
Not bad
Optical Advisor (Former Employee) –  London28 September 2017
I think you take from it what you put in. Very easy to become stagnant. Support isn't really available but you can progress well if you're driven. Salary is really poor for knowledge you're expected to deal with on a day to day basis.
Great benefits, fast paced job
Optical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Durham, Durham12 September 2017
This job is great if you're looking for a fast paced job where you need to think on your toes and remember lots of information all the time. I did an apprenticeship and the pay was above the national minimum wage so that was good.
Working long hours but can be fun
Optical Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London9 September 2017
It's a good job if you enjoy standing long on your feet I learned about optics useful skills to have

I had training at their Support office as well.
Pros
No pros
Not for me
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vision Express31 July 2017
Nice bright building with Friendly reception staff, close to country park with on site parking available.
Old fashioned company in a new building with a corporate look but outdated attitudes. Very Strict regarding Hair colour/dress code. No sickness benefit or pension.

This company is moving too fast and it's main focus is on it's Exec board and their bonus and shareholders dividends. Unfortunately senior management do not live their own Culture and Values. Staff are not valued and it is frowned upon if you do your hours and go home on time. most enjoyable part of the job is working with some nice people.
Pros
Onsite parking
Cons
Staff not valued and expectation to work longer hours with no additional pay or time in Lieu
overworked and under appericated
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London22 July 2017
Nice staff to work with in general, You do find the occasional manager/ Team leader who does not do the role properly they leave early and leave you understaffed and stress.

The say they promote internally that in fact is a lie they are now hiring people from outside the company for management roles then expect staff who have work with the company for numerous years to train them up especially staff who they have promised a promotion to on multiple occasions, they either get told they are not ready or position not available at the time.

They overwork you, mentally and physically drain you but if you make one comment of tiredness you are told to stop moaning.
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
Overwork no progression
Fun workplace
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands22 July 2017
I was taught many things as i worked with Vision Express. i can also confidently work with pupils and leave them feeling happy as well as satisfied with the service provided.
Busy workplace
Optical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cornwall17 July 2017
The store is always busy so lots to do. Management will go out of their way to help in any way possible. Job role is very varied and enjoyable, with lots to do on a daily basis.
bulling and boring
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Weymouth, Dorset11 July 2017
job was dull and repetitive, colleagues not always that nice to you. overall not a great experience. Did learn I do not want to work in an opticians though.
Fun place to work but long hours
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Stockport2 July 2017
It had quite a relaxed and friendly place to work but the hours were quite long and you could work a long stretch of days without a day off. The pay was quite low and I had to do a lot of travelling to get to my job.
Pros
Fun
Stressful but nice team
Optical Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London22 June 2017
The team is lovely. The hours can be quite late as it is in a shopping centre so sometimes finish at 8pm. The day can be quite stressful and hectic. As an employee you get some really good discounts on glasses/sunglasses/contact lenses.
work duties
Central Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire17 June 2017
Typical work of a manufactory character, daily activities of the same kind. Allocate customer orders to the trays using a computer program. Based on the system indications, I divide the work into those I can send to the cut and those I have to tracing because the lens schape does not exist in the data library or there are too many variables in it, and every time I have to tracing to get the current frame size data. Of course, the description of duties in a very simplistic way.
Pros
Short distance from home
Cons
Rotational shift
Clean place to work
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol16 June 2017
Typical day is answering phone helping customers with chose of glasses explaining differences in product quality and price. Learn a lot about optics how all structure is organized and how the system is running essential key people for store. Work place culture is positive as its all about making sure our customers get best value for they money and real care. Hardest part of the job is being expected to stay after work as often there is not enough staff to cope whit the load.
Pros
clean meet lot's of different people
Cons
bad shifts no weekend off