Virgin Care Employee Reviews

Awful Place to work - trying to find a better organisation to work for
Health (Current Employee) –  Bath and North East Somerset2 October 2017
Awful line manager who micro-manages and lacks leadership skills and inter-personal skills

Process driven, inward focused company - it's more about their systems and processes than the people

Excessive workload with unrealistic deadlines

The worst and biggest organisation I have ever worked for

I encourage anyone to look elsewhere
Pros
Pension
Cons
Really poor culture and line management
Virgin care
Finance Business Partner (Current Employee) –  Burton-On-Trent, Staffordshire29 May 2017
Private healthcare and flexible working hours are a benefit. Lack of direction and the uncertainty in the healthcare industry can be a worry. Line manager is superb.
Great people to work with
Corporate (Current Employee) –  Devon24 April 2017
I really enjoy my job and the people I work with. It's demanding and a lot of corporate systems are emerging, but overall a great place to work and a good organisation to be a part of.
Pros
Flexible working
Cons
Sometimes too demanding
Well organise and staff focused company
Inpatient Therapy Administrator (Current Employee) –  Bath, Somerset11 April 2017
Have only just been taken over by Virgin Care but so far so good.
Seem to be well organised and easily approach if there is a query. Able to sort issues quickly and without fuss
Good experience
Bookings Administrator (Current Employee) –  Daresbury, Cheshire28 March 2017
Having worked here I have gained a lot of experience and I have gained more confidence through this role, very challenging but satisfying and knowing you've helped people makes you daybetter.
Pros
Plenty of food vans
Cons
Not a lot of job opportunities to progress
Productive and fun workplace
Brand Marketing Executive (Former Employee) –  London, UK26 March 2017
Great working culture and creative working environment.
I learnt most of what I knew about brand creation and management.
I found the lack of management of the company difficult at times.
I loved the flexibility of the working arrangement, an employer that trusts its employers to take control of their own working patterns always gets the best out of their employees.
Pros
Flexible working arrangement
Cons
Lack of corporate direction
I have enjoyed working for Virgin Care, there have been opportunities to work across Urgent Care Nationally
Clinical Lead Urgent Care (Current Employee) –  Surrey5 March 2017
There is a culture of developing people, There are staff events helping to demonstrate the values. Patient Service: Treating others as you would wish is achieved by valuing each other

The complexity of the current challenges of the Transformation plans
Pros
Opportunities to share good practice
Cons
Duration of contracts limited to 5 years
Busy fast paced
Receptionist/Administrator (Current Employee) –  Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire4 January 2017
Very busy gp walk in center

Dealing with some very difficult situations

Chaperoning the clinicians

Registrations for patients

Cash handling
Pros
Hourly rate good
Cons
Stressing
fun creative workplace
Occupational Therapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Addlestone, Surrey16 December 2016
Wonderful team in stressful environment of constantly changing service structure.
Poor induction programme with unclear job expectations or expected development.
Pros
flexible work hours
Cons
poor management
Demanding and sometimes too stressful
Group Systems Accountant (Current Employee) –  Daresbury, Cheshire1 December 2016
The localised team are great to work with. The wider team is less so even though the end goals are aligned.

Executive Management leaves a lot to be desired and often back office personnel are not given equal importance as the front line services even though we all pull in the same direction, or should.

We need to do more to be true to our values and this lead needs to flow from the top.

Our CEO is inspirational but one man alone cannot make this succeed. I have renewed hope with some fresh arrivals in senior posts that change will be for the good, not just for change sake.

I have worked here for over 8.5 years and still believe in what we are doing - if I didn't I simply would not be here.

In summary, the company has a great heart but could improve in terms of truly valuing its staff across all areas. Without its people there would be no Virgin Care.
Pros
The rest of the team are equally determined to provide a good / excellent service.
Cons
Long hours, the more capable you demonstrate you are the more work you get.
Horrible unprofessional management, not a place that builds you up, only knocks you down
Business Admin Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Exeter16 November 2016
At the young age of 18, entering my first full time job role at Virgin Care as a Business and Admin Apprentice I despised it. I went in with a positive and optimistic attitude, only to be quickly knocked down by the management. I openly heard them talking about the way I dressed behind my back which was very unprofessional. Instead of building up my confidence and helping me progressed, they knocked me down and made me feel utterly useless. I'm so glad I made the decision to leave this company, as everything I had hoped it to be, it was not.
Pros
Good apprentice pay
Cons
Horrible management lack of organisation
Fantastic company to work for
Currently Programme Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Daresbury or work from home15 November 2016
I really enjoy my current role but I'm just not utilising my strengths, and need a new challenge.

No two days are the same! Our team focuses on making the company the best possible place to work for our colleagues so we get to deal with a lot of the fun and exciting projects. I enjoy being able to help colleagues and in particular have enjoyed my experience with our new induction process called Arrivals. I'm in a brilliant team with a good manager.

The worst part of my role is the red tape - it can feel like I'm walking through treacle and it's highly frustrating, particularly for someone of my personality type. I like to get things done but I also need clarity and facts.
Pros
Virtually everything about the company and my role
Cons
Internal politics and barriers to getting the job done
badly run, too many managers and unhappy people
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Oldham22 May 2016
majority of staff are zero contract hours or 2peed from Nhs. alot of sniping and back stabbing. no real training program. badly organised departments and no manager back up when things go wrong. too many managers. no structure. worse than nhs.
Pros
20% off trains
Cons
poorly paid understaffed discontented people
Directionless
IT Service Desk Manager (Current Employee) –  Chertsey21 April 2016
I work with a good team and my local management is good, but the organisation lacks a direction and comprehensive business strategy. Managers are over worked and not given any idea of corporate priorities
Cons
no direction
Challenging
Norfolk Prisons Clinical Substance Misuse Lead (Current Employee) –  HMP Norwich30 March 2016
A typical day at work for me is far from typical! everyday brings a new challenge. Working within a busy remand prison can be compared to working in A + E on a Saturday night......... busy, busy, busy!! and never a dull moment.
Pros
free car parking. access to GYM at lunch time and on site cafe.
Cons
communication
Friendly and welcoming
Board Level Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Exeter14 August 2015
I've not been with Virgincare for long but so far it has been a very positive and nice atmosphere to work in. My colleagues are very helpful and supportive and the work is engaging and interesting.
Intense demanding, but fulfilling position
Senior Medical Reception/Administration (Current Employee) –  Birmingham10 September 2014
I've worked for this company now for over 3 years and have had the opportunity of doing a various number of roles over different sites including an Asylum Seeker's Health Unit and practice manager work for another site in Oxford.

The role is extremely demanding and being an urgent care centre every day is different. The role utilises good communication and accountability with the need to multi task and prioritise workloads.

The most rewarding part of the job is being so fortunate to work with such a great team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Virgin Care. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8