Village The Hotel Club Employee Reviews

Terrible
F&B Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire15 November 2017
Managers have been in their roles for a life time. Out of touch and lack in experience and knowledge. This effects the productivity and team morale. Particularly in meetings and events......
Good calm environment with a lot of first class equipment and exceptionally nice service.
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Bury, Greater Manchester22 August 2017
Located just off the M66 motorway the village is linked to Manchester City centre via the metrolink system. Guests are able to enjoy free Wifi and a choice of dining experience.

Guest are able to chose between the stylish village grill restaurant or the public house which serves traditional pub food. Then there is a Starbucks on the right as you walk in providing light snacks, coffees and cakes.
It is mostly couples that loved there hotel.
Pros
Very nice food
Very good
Junior Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Chilwell, Nottinghamshire20 August 2017
Very good place to wor, worked here for four years do must of been good. Good staff excellent working hours and decent days off. Enjoyed my tine working here
Pros
Staff hours
Cons
Wages
Great team out of reception, but no training
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Solihull, West Midlands13 August 2017
No training, even though it was clear they would teach me till I was comfortable on reception.
Left on own first 3-4weeks and couldn't find reception manager, always wondering to smoke.
Wouldn't recommend. Reception aren't looking for permanent people.
Other department teams are great an hardworking people, maybe I chose the wrong team...
Reception manager needs more training as he can not train new employees.
Fitness Coach
Fitness Coach (Current Employee) –  Swansea, Swansea23 July 2017
Enjoyable, not much oversight of what you are doing on shift. A large potion of what earn from clients is given to the hotel and not to you. Contracted hours that are never lowered, nice people.
Pros
Relaxed
Cons
Money
Really poor place to work
Beauty Therapist (Former Employee) –  Swindon, Wiltshire6 July 2017
Was offered a 0 hour contract obviously means they can cancel your shift at any point.
Management in the spa really poor.
Have not been payed for shifts worked.
Plesent place to work
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire1 July 2017
Great staff to work with different departments to work in with different jobs but all work as a team throughout the hotel company. Get the use of the facilities in the company on a staff discount.
Pros
Staff discounts on facilities ie starbucks, gym, bar and resturant and rooms any where in the village hotel buisnesses
Cons
0 hour policy
great
team leader (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow8 June 2017
great place to work had the best staff and atmosphere, also it was always best people and customers. great team building and always fun nights with other staff members.
Busy Hotel, Not too bad hotel to start your career
Reception Manager (Current Employee) –  Swindon, Wiltshire3 June 2017
Lovely hotel chain, very nice people, great to start your career here and here you will find out if you are cut out for hospitality. I enjoyed interaction with guest, new ideas and systems. It would be nice that staff would be more appreciated on many levels. But it is what it is. Not every hotel chain can afford to do so. I have learned a lot here and i will be forever grateful.
Dreadful management aggressive mean girl culture
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Whiston, Merseyside2 June 2017
Dreadful company mean agressive management bullying staff wage deducted for breaks that youre not allowed to take because never enough staff rotared to work! pay always wrong admin rude and dismissive and couldnt care less for their mistakes. Open Contempt is bred between different departments by heads of department high turnover of staff due to mean girl culture, if your face doesn't fit you'll get no help and they don't mind telling you!
You have been Warned!
Pros
Cons
No accountability from management
Terrible management
Spa Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Blackpool, Lancashire2 June 2017
They have no idea what there doing at this place! Management don't care what so ever! They expect you to work over time and be there earlier (meeting and told off if your not) but you don't even get paid for it!
Management never there just disappear embarrassing when customers want to talk to them. Always running out of products in the spa told to use other things such as body cream for a hair mask. Other staff don't turn up because their ill or just decide to quit so all customers for that day have to be cancelled this happens a lot! Manager never comes to help just ignores her phone! No benefits working here comission is never paid and wages are national minimum have to wait three months before you can a gym pass by then you will want to leave!
The turnover for staff is mad you'd think they would be seeing a pattern by now but they don't do anything to make things better!
Pros
Starbucks discount
Cons
Not paid for over or extra time most days don't get a proper lunch break
great team confused management
Head Chef/Kitchen Manager (Current Employee) –  Farnborough, Hampshire13 May 2017
started as a great company to work for but has slowly lost its way confused style and basic food standards and very little support for all levels of staff
Pros
great salry and benifits
Cons
extremely long hours poor work life balance
Profit before staff
Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff11 May 2017
I worked for this company for 14+ years
After shift patterns changing it came to much for my to be able to continue on working for this company
With split shifts and back to back shifts
Pros
Loved my staff
Not appreciated
Food and Beverage Assistant (Current Employee) –  Solihull7 May 2017
Very flexible and accommodating when it comes to business - personal needs.

Advise for management and other workers, keep treating your employees as people. If the employees feel good about coming to work and who they work for, their quality will reflect that. Heads of the company may need to observe some of the people out on the floor to get a grasp of what is going on and how we can help the clients the best.
When starting the new role, my co-workers was friendly and willing to help. By the time my role came to an end I would class them as friends.
Hardest part of the role would be, customers that are rude.
Pros
A company that welcomes talent and innovation.
Cons
Short shift eg.4hours-5hours
fun
Manager (Former Employee) –  Leeds15 March 2017
i progressed fast and got a lot of support from my manager at the time. fun place to work hard sometimes tho as gets busy. nice enviroment t work in ..
Pros
fun
Cons
verry busy at times
Great working experience
Receptionist/Secretary Sports And Lesuire (Current Employee) –  Blackpool9 March 2017
Responsible for opening and closing the reception desk, booking various classes with members and guests of the hotel, Opening and closing memberships, Taking payments for day passes with the general public for the Gym and swimming and explaining what classes are available. Posting cash and card payments and closing down tills. Dealing with customer issues and complaints whilst following company policy.
Chef
Chef (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff24 February 2017
Absolute pig farm of a place, bad management, terrible place to work and its a joke tbh. Do yourself a favour and avoid like plague. Thank me later.
Pros
Free gym
Cons
I didnt really enjoyed it
Front of House Staff (Former Employee) –  Walsall, West Midlands20 February 2017
Didn't really enjoy working there I didn't felt comfortable as I was new at the time I think their put way to much pressure on you. I also didn't find the managers very helpful I didn't think I was getting trained and most of there time they were.going for a cigarette. Oh and your there till 3-4 am about 10pm all the kitchen staff leave and usually one person mainly got to clean all the mess what they haven't bothered to put away or just general mess I did feel so sorry for them.
Pros
Free gym and 40% food
Cons
Extremely un-socialable hours
Fun Workplace
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Hyde, Greater Manchester5 February 2017
pretty chilled place to work. It has given me skills on leading a team and running a busy little coffee shop.
Management currently are all lovely.
The hardest part of my job would only be a busy day.
The customers and work mates are the best bit to the job.
Pros
free gym
Cons
low pay
benefits to working here
Food Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dudley, West Midlands20 January 2017
Shifts go quickly here, you meet numerous people, and different responsibilities. Sometimes shifts are hard when there isn't enough staff.
Pros
pension benefits
Cons
tiring, long hours