Vets4Pets Employee Reviews

long day
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  South Shields, Tyne and Wear10 October 2017
during my work experience at vets4pets i had to watch a few operations and dental jobs being done. i was in one consultation. the rest of the time i had nothing to do.
Pros
nothing
Cons
having nothing to do for hours.
Vets4pets is not a good company to work for!
Veterinary Nurse (Former Employee) –  Scotland4 October 2017
After working in great practice for several years I went to work for this company after moving to a new area. More interested in profits and targets. Not a good environment.
Delightful work experience
Veterinary Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochford1 October 2017
I did my work experience here for 2 weeks which was amazing. I observed operations. Worked on reception. Obse bed consultations and generally helped care for sick animals
Pros
I learned so much from the staff and it’s definately a career I want to further when I leave college
Cons
I couldn’t continue after work experience as no vacancies
Awful place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Vets4pets South Wales5 August 2017
Awful place to work. The company seeks Vets with no common sense or HR skills to go into business with. Very fake and only interested in money.

Working with vets that turn a blind eye to over breeding is a disgrace.
Pros
Cuddles with animals
Cons
Over breeding. Lack of HR support
Work Experience
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  Walsall15 July 2017
Excellent place to learn whether veterinary is the job for me. Friendly staff, great experiences and lovely to get hands on in surgery and in the practice
Pros
Working day
Cons
Great! Vets4pets is a caring company.
Receptionist (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, Suffolk12 July 2017
I work for Vets4Pets and I have an awesome team along with a lovely jvp!!! We have fun, the vets and nurses are fab and we are getting busier and busier. I especially like that you can progress within this company, lots of opportunities and good benefits such as discount. Everyone is helpful at my practice and works as a team. Work and social life balance is good and I like the fact the company supports your progression and encourages it. We truly do care for pets. Sometimes it can be stressful but it is rewarding and worth it. 🖒
Pros
Career progression, benefits
Cons
Occasionally very busy so can be stressful at times
Caring and fun place to work.
veterinary care assistant (Current Employee) –  Southend-on-Sea, Essex9 July 2017
Very good company to work for. Kind and considerate management who assist to the highest standard. Exceptionally good work/home life balance and very supportive.
Awful
Veterinary Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Harrogate12 June 2017
Run by bullies. Poor pay. Bad management. Blame culture. Just a truly awful place to work. Staff are scared to say anything and are under appreciated and under paid. They only care about the money. Avoid at all costs.
Pros
The animals
Cons
Poor management, poor pay, unsociable hours
Needs improvement
Client care co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Merseyside30 May 2017
If I could give zero stars I would.
Really enjoyed my job at first but it just went downhill after a while. Felt bullied and like things that went wrong were my fault. Never any of the other staff. It was always the receptionists in the wrong.
The shifts are 10 hours long with a half an hour break even if you work over your allocated hours. Felt penilised when ringing in sick. Guilt tripped when couldn't cover other receptionists shifts.
The pay was not good enough for the things we have to deal with.
Management needs improving.
The only thing I miss is the clients and the patients and the odd other staff member
Pros
Amazing clients and patients
Cons
Long hours, no overtime pay, short lunches (if any), poor management
Terrible.
Veterinary Nurse (Former Employee) –  Scotland18 May 2017
Run by 'head office' who have never tried to work in a busy vet practice in there life. Very money orientated.
Felt more like a sales person than a veterinary nurse at times with targets to be met each month! Not for me at all.
Pros
Cons
Too many to mention.
Bad management, no appreciation of support staff.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk14 May 2017
I was a receptionist here. Was required to work a 10-hour shift with only 30 minute break. No room to sit in and eat my lunch so would have to sit in my car or go elsewhere (meaning driving or walking somewhere and taking up most of my lunch break)

The pay was awful and I was promised that after 3 months, the salary would be reviewed but this did not happen.

I was also promised that I could train to be a veterinary nurse, as apparently they took on a trainee nurse every September. This is the reason I took on the receptionist job so I could gain experience. They knew this, but they ended up lying to me as they did not take on a new nurse that year.

It took me around 6 months to actually get my work uniform, so I had to spend money to get work attire which is something I wasn't expecting to have to do.

The management was awful and I got told I let the team down when I turned down working overtime shifts. My reason for choosing not to work overtime was because the last time I did work overtime, I didn't get paid and it took ages to get that money.

I remember spending a lot of my shift talking to the other receptionist about the other jobs we were currently applying for - not a good sign.

It was such a shame, because I really wanted to gain work experience and work with animals, but this company really put me off. Would never recommend working here as a receptionist.
Pros
Other receptionists very supportive
Cons
Long hours, short breaks, no appreciation for the work you do, poor management
Fun place to work
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Crawley, West Sussex11 April 2017
Very enjoyable place to work very friendly staff and clients.
Hardest part of the job is putting animals to sleep
Best part of the job is seeing all the animals.
People Team member (Current Employee) –  Swindon, Wiltshire20 March 2017
I work at the Support Office and find the people and culture fantastic. It is really busy and fast paced but there is a lot of support and you can see the difference you are making. There is a lot to juggle but it is a great environment with some fantastic colleagues both within the support office and in our surgeries.
Pros
Environment, benefits, culture, charity and initiatives
Vets4pets Maidstone
Veterinary Surgeon (Former Employee) –  Maidstone, Kent12 February 2017
I worked at the Maidstone branch for almost 2 years as a Veterinary surgeon.
The management is strict in order to maintain high standards, however I do not agree with the above negative reviews.
They offer enough support, also the colleagues are very helpful.
Only apply if you are hard working and a reliable person!
Pros
Good support from the managers/colleagues. Lovely clients. Excellent reputation
Cons
Chip-shop next door (not good when you are trying to lose weight)
Poor support from head office
Veterinary Nurse (Former Employee) –  Accrington, Lancashire29 January 2017
The company don't care who becomes a joint venture partner as long as they cough up the cash hence most practices end up with poor quality vets with no business experience. Head office are not interested in staff concerns. Money talks!!
Pros
Nice facilities
Cons
Poor management
Friendly and efficient
Veterinary Assistant (work experience week) (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff22 January 2017
I can't really comment on that much for this place as I only did work experience there but from my week there I had a very interesting and enjoyable experience with some really friendly and interesting people
Pros
Constant learning
Cons
Higher education needed for most positions
Fun workplace
Veterinary Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Walsall, West Midlands21 January 2017
I loved every minute at my time with Vets4Pets, the people was lovely and always had a task for me to do. They was fun and it was never boring. I had a great experience.
I loved this job
Veterinary Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wirral, Merseyside20 January 2017
I absolutely loved my job, I only left the company due to the opertunities another could offer.
The wage was too low and made it impossible to live comfortably but the staff and benefits from the company are great,
I would happily work for Vets4Pets again aslong as their raised the wages offered.
Pros
Friendly staff, beautiful practice
Cons
Stupidly low wage
Do not apply!
Reception Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kendal18 January 2017
Absolutely awful place to work. Salary is worked on an 'average' so you end up working many unpaid hours. Run by bullies who treat their staff appallingly .
Pros
Cons
Bullying and incorrect pay
Avoid!!
Veterinary Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Nottingham bulwell4 October 2016
Absolutely zero support from the manager, your shift is always dictated by her mood swings, crying, shouting. You are made to feel like a child if you make a mistake, there is limited help even if an emergency rushes in, which puts receptionists under immense pressure.
You get no training, often stay late with no thanks.
The practice is not friendly, apart from a couple of staff.
You will often be short staffed and have to manage everything alone.
Horrible environment.
Pros
Puppies :)
Cons
All mentioned