Urban Outfitters Inc. Employee Reviews

good
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Bath, Somerset13 September 2017
It's a good place to work. You'll meet plenty of the other staff members and make friends. The fast pace environment at times can be stressful but it definetly isn't boring
friendly people
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Guildford, Surrey22 August 2017
this is a fun and interesting place to work. however you must be a confident individual as there is a large amount of employees. the management is good.
Pros
discount
Cons
hours vary
Horrible place of work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands9 August 2017
The management have no clue what they are doing, communication is next to nothing, employees are not appreciated, long hours with no benefits, low pay, I would not recommend
Pros
Discount
Enjoyable yet tiring
Work Experience Student (Former Employee) –  Bluewater, Kent6 August 2017
I felt that this company was a great one to work for, however the staff were not very inviting to new staff. The benefits are good, however the job takes up A LOT of time, especially is having to travel by bus.
Pros
discount
Beats place to work
Customer service manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands31 July 2017
Excellent people great place to work all round really good good salary gratanlovation easy to get on with everyone and management were really helpful to all employees cool clothes and products as welll
Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester City Centre, Greater Manchester24 July 2017
Urban Outfitters is the first job I have felt comfortable in especially with having such a big passion for the brand so it has been a pleasure working here for the added bonus of the wonderful discount. I have made some amazing friends for life and have gained new skills from working here. The downside is that I have learnt certain skills but haven't progressed in the company and many new starters seem to be getting more opportunities. They also have just employed lots of new staff but cut all current staffs hours, this is a great inconvenience for I and my other employees that have just left university and are in need of full time work.
Pros
laid back; friendly environment; gain confidence; new skills
Cons
hours too short; poor management; not much progression for part timers
fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London21 July 2017
working at urban was ver enjoyable and the whole place was very easy going we were aloud to wear whatever we wanted. i didnt have to do much because i was work experience
Pros
wifi
Cons
lon hours
a great place to work
Team Leader, Womenswear (Former Employee) –  Oxford Circus12 July 2017
A great place to work, productive and forward thinking

Great if you like a challenging but rewarding workplace

Excellent mix of creative and retail, unlike so many other larger retailer out there
Fun, cool, great discount
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester9 July 2017
I Worked part time as a sales advisor at UO whilst studying. 3 days a week so I was able to balance work, uni, social quite well.

Plays good music, other cool people work there, loved being creative with my style with out looking out of place.

Staff were really nice, management questionable but cant blame them with their work load.

I think i got minimum wage.

Little pep talks every morning, incentives through the week.

Changed tasks every two hours so never doing the same thing for too long, tasks included being a cashier, changing room attendant, watching shop floor approaching customers, tidying folding etc.

40% DISCOUNT!

Definitely the best retail job I've had.
Pros
Being creative with style, good discount, flexible.
Fun place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow15 June 2017
A typical day was fun, got to do lots of different things on some days. Management was great, really approachable. Workplace was really laid-back, everyone more like friends than colleagues.
Pros
Fun to work there
quite a boring place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester15 June 2017
I felt I was left on my own quite a bit and put on the fitting rooms out of the way for most of my shifts. I tried really hard to cover all shifts even drove three hours from home on boxing day for the company and received no thanks also didn't get kept on after christmas even though I felt I was one of the strongest candidates. No jobs security at all.
Store energy/management
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Spitalfields East london14 June 2017
I have worked for Urban for 5 years, Throughout that time i have developed into a senior manager with all skills needed to run a positive store turnaround and a great working team.
On a day to day basis i work on Payroll. Store set up for the day. Ensuing stockroom is run with great productivity. Along with this, ensuring all KPIS are met by driving the sales team with incentives. Overseeing all Department managers and ensure store standards are at there highest. Daily walkthrough and consistent communication with the visual team.Along with this ensuring all staff and management rotas are in place. Right people/ right place to increase productivity through out peak trade. Also constant communication with District manager and other store manager.
I enjoy the fast pace of my job and enjoy working with the sales team,
Pros
Good vibe within the team, Great work culture with Urban
Cons
No life work balance, Not enough training given external store mangers, Slow turnaround on recruitment of department mangers.
clothing store
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Store assistant3 May 2017
top brand marketer but many things to improve wouldn't like to discuss further...bad staffing and no ote its terrible weak rota not enough pay often extra hours work
A great place to work
Operations Assistant (Current Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire2 May 2017
Reaching daily target whilst being accurate. Working as a team. Several managers. A different manager for each department.Urban feel very highly about culture in the workplace. Being left to get on with the job. Hardest part of this job will be giving negative feedback to work colleagues.
Pros
Fun club. Job share
Cons
not flexible hours.
Productive and fun workplace with a great fast paced atmosphere
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxford Circus, Greater London12 April 2017
My experience in retail developed a lot while working here. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the many tasks I was assigned although I adjusted quickly. The most enjoyable part of the job was the great team I worked along side.
Usual Retail
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  London8 April 2017
As far as retail work goes, Urban has a nice feel to it, its quite relaxed and the people are interesting and generally nice.

As with most retail jobs, the shifts are long, and do not allow for much of a work/life balance, the pay is also low as with most retail jobs.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Long hours, low pay
Creative and Diverse
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Marble Arch20 March 2017
A typical day involved beginning on a zone and making sure it was kept tidy, then as customers approached we would offer help, if they needed it we shall, if not we would smile, remain in the area but stay proactive by making sure the clothes were tidy. The odd customer would usually ask us to make a phone call to other stores to check stock etc. One time, there was a lady who was so happy with my customer service and willingness to help that she sent me fudge, twice, as a thank you (I told her I love fudge!). It was very fun to work with such creative and diverse people!
Pros
Fun people to work with
Cons
Not enough breaks
poor management
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Kensington, Greater London1 March 2017
Poor management, lack of training. Major cut backs on staff with redundancies and then expect a store to run fully as it was with double the staff. Impossible goals and a creative team that changes it's mind all the time putting staff under a great deal of stress. Poor security measures to prevent theft.
Pros
Good discount
Creative and challenging work environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London13 February 2017
Urban Outfitters is a very creative and exciting company to work for. The company has a young and vibrant identity and constantly aims to be a market leader.

There not enough investment in staff training and development or company resource and infrastructure.

The hardest part of the job is lack of clarity with objectives.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the team spirit.
Pros
Creativity
Horrible place of work!
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Westfield Stratford City, Greater London11 February 2017
I really wanted to work at this place for so long however when I started I hated every second and every hour of it. The staff were rude all the time to me for no reason. There is a way you talk to people and they just didn't understand the value of having manners. I wasn't given a clock in number after three-four months after I asked plenty of times, one or two managers were appallingly behaved by the way they spoke down to me, also had to watch one of the managers make everyones day a living nightmare, she also made a girl cry at work one day. I was not going to be apart of this horrible place any longer. I wouldn't advise anyone getting a job at UO even if you were desperate for the money.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Urban Outfitters Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Urban Outfitters Inc. Reviews by Location