Urban Outfitters Inc. Employee Reviews

Work place
Part-time Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oxford Circus9 January 2018
The staff and majority of the management are nice. Its a fast paced environment so endurance is needed. The job has improved my people skills and I enjoy making people's day by finding them the right item.
Modern and exciting
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  London7 January 2018
The modern vibe of the store is engaging and exciting, despite the management failing to provide equal and fair timetables. The team and the people that work there are great people, you feel like a family after 2 weeks
good staff, bad management, dusty shop 24/7
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  West London, Greater London2 January 2018
you would usually be on the same section of the floor for atleast 4 hours of the day making the day drag, management was not organised, pay was not justified for the work you had to do.
Pros
other staff
Cons
dusty environment.
Christmas Temp
Sales Assistant, Advisor (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow21 December 2017
I found such a job worked will during my time of studying. As the hours and rota were both flexible and decent. A job like such allowed me to gain a little extra income and never required high amounts of stress levels, even though it was a fast place environment.
Team work
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stratford, Greater London12 December 2017
As well as it being quit tiring i particularly enjoyed working at Urbanoutfitters as it gave me opportunities in working with other people and it provided me with good team working skills.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Long tiring hours.
Fun workplace, busy.
Sales Assistant and Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bath, Somerset4 December 2017
Busy atmosphere but friendly staff and great customers. Discount is big and pay is nice. Great company to work for as really care about good customer service.
Productive and fun workplace.
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  High Street Kensington Station5 November 2017
It was great working here
Colleagues were amazing and helpful
In a typical day, I was mainly in the fitting rooms or on standards, the managers helped out a lot
Pros
Good communication between staff
Cons
None at all
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Oxford Circus, Greater London30 October 2017
Working at Urban Outiftters entitles you to many benefits such as the discount and rewards. The staff are friendly and you are never stuck one on department, they allow you to change positions such as working from on the tills, to working on replening and shop floor.
Pros
Staff appreciation
Cons
Gets very busy
fun workplace
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  Bluewater, Kent20 October 2017
over my one week work experience at Urban Outfitters i learned many new skills such as monitoring stock levels, serving customers, communicating with the public, dealing with deliveries and reducing sale products.
Pros
lunches
Creative and satisfying workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London17 October 2017
Urban outtfitters is an amazing place to work, most of the customers have very similar style and interest as you as well as your colleagues.everyone is always working together as a team and all have very good communication and listening skills.
Pros
Decent time break
Cons
Long hour shifts
Good workplace
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Rushden, Northamptonshire26 September 2017
The job was easy to do . The work place was good and the enviromment was friendly I did enjoy to work there but i didnt got the opurtunaty to get the full time position .
good
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Bath, Somerset13 September 2017
It's a good place to work. You'll meet plenty of the other staff members and make friends. The fast pace environment at times can be stressful but it definetly isn't boring
Its lkay
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester22 August 2017
I completed work experience there and the work colleagues were helpful and friendly. They helped you get started it off, so you can do the job properly.
friendly people
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Guildford, Surrey22 August 2017
this is a fun and interesting place to work. however you must be a confident individual as there is a large amount of employees. the management is good.
Pros
discount
Cons
hours vary
Horrible place of work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands9 August 2017
The management have no clue what they are doing, communication is next to nothing, employees are not appreciated, long hours with no benefits, low pay, I would not recommend
Pros
Discount
Enjoyable yet tiring
Work Experience Student (Former Employee) –  Bluewater, Kent6 August 2017
I felt that this company was a great one to work for, however the staff were not very inviting to new staff. The benefits are good, however the job takes up A LOT of time, especially is having to travel by bus.
Pros
discount
Beats place to work
Customer service manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands31 July 2017
Excellent people great place to work all round really good good salary gratanlovation easy to get on with everyone and management were really helpful to all employees cool clothes and products as welll
Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester City Centre, Greater Manchester24 July 2017
Urban Outfitters is the first job I have felt comfortable in especially with having such a big passion for the brand so it has been a pleasure working here for the added bonus of the wonderful discount. I have made some amazing friends for life and have gained new skills from working here. The downside is that I have learnt certain skills but haven't progressed in the company and many new starters seem to be getting more opportunities. They also have just employed lots of new staff but cut all current staffs hours, this is a great inconvenience for I and my other employees that have just left university and are in need of full time work.
Pros
laid back; friendly environment; gain confidence; new skills
Cons
hours too short; poor management; not much progression for part timers
fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London21 July 2017
working at urban was ver enjoyable and the whole place was very easy going we were aloud to wear whatever we wanted. i didnt have to do much because i was work experience
Pros
wifi
Cons
lon hours
a great place to work
Team Leader, Womenswear (Former Employee) –  Oxford Circus12 July 2017
A great place to work, productive and forward thinking

Great if you like a challenging but rewarding workplace

Excellent mix of creative and retail, unlike so many other larger retailer out there

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Urban Outfitters Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.