UNIVERSITY OF LONDON Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Productive and fun
Procurement Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London10 August 2017
Typical day at work included processing of vendor information sheets and advising on contracts. Sometimes it also included assistance to other departments of the office, such as payables and finance. Overall amazing experience, met a lot of nice people, always willing to help you whenever you have problems.
Ad hoc
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  London27 June 2017
Random ad hoc jobs. Is easy money. you are working in your university so you know the place well and you are talking about something you do on a daily basis.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Only every few months.
Positiva, buen ambiente y gente abierta y acogedora.
Internship (Current Employee) –  Londres22 May 2017
Una bonita experiencia, aprendiendo mucho pero trabajando muchas horas.
A liberal, rich culture
Student Information Officer (Former Employee) –  Russell Square Station28 November 2016
An amazingly mind opening place to work. There are many different cultures coming together in this school. The only fault is that administration and management need minor improvements.
good
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  London7 July 2016
I enjoy working at the UoL, Senior management are understanding and supportive. The workload is high, however, I do not feel pressured.

The culture of the University is friendly, supportive and encouraging.
Interesting
Cook (Former Employee) –  London2 March 2016
Learn- time management, organizational skills.Work under pressure.
Working shifts and weekends was not to great. Co-workers were great.
Very lively environment, lots of activity and a fun place to work
Conference Centre Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ENG25 February 2015
I looked after all aspects of the business from creating and monitoring the budgets, marketing and sales, generating new business opportunities to new and existing clients and client retention, event planning from the initial inquiry to execution, ensuring customer satisfaction at all times, paying strong attention to detail and being very proactive pre-empting what the client might want or require, solving any problems and always being ready to act in order to make their experience at ULU the absolute best it could be. I achieved the highest occupancy levels ULU had ever seen during my time there, and July and August the low occupancy months that were known as 'dead months' became the busiest months. Another member of staff was recruited to ensure the increase in bookings were dealt with efficiently, and all the other departments in ULU i.e., the restaurants, shops and bars saw notable increases in their sales, for example the shops a 50% increase in takings just at the weekends. My ability to maximise revenue and profit saw the facilities being significantly improved with new furniture and new equipment installed in all of the 13 rooms.

I would spend a lot of time liaising with the other departments, a high level of coordination was required and there was a huge number of events each day. Student activities often clashed with external bookings, which were needed to achieve budget targets, so there was a high level of negotiation required almost everyday.

I had a great team here and we took the Conference Centre to new heights together and saw changes that had never
  more... happened before. Things could be pretty challenging at times but the results were worth it.  less
Pros
Free gymnasium
Cons
Challenging accommodating internal and external bookings
Most fun job I have ever had
Administrative Assistant/Reception Leader (Former Employee) –  London, ENG10 November 2014
I worked at UOL while studying and it was by far the best possible job at the time I could ask for. Mostly had to deal with students like myself to adjusting to student life in the halls of residence in addition to being a part of the bursarial and warden's team.

It never felt like a job all the time I worked there. It was a blast sadly, there was not much headway in taking my job to a higher level and I had to say goodbye.

But the good time spent there will surely never be forgotten. It provided free accommodation for me during studies and this at the time was all I could ask for.
Pros
Fun, fun and fun. Loads of activities, great team work.
Cons
No headway into a perspective career, barely reasonable income.
Productive and fun workplace
Accounts Administrator (Current Employee) –  London, ENG23 October 2014
Productive and fun workplace

The University of London was founded 175 years ago and is the largest University in the United Kingdom.It consists of 19 self governing Colleges and 10 other smaller specialist research Institutes.All students from all the Colleges and Institutes are also University of London students, making them part of a community of over 120,000 students and giving them access to many services in London.
Focused work place
Registration Officer (Current Employee) –  London, WC14 March 2014
I provide a strong and consistent service in assisting institutions and students worldwide on all educational needs and queries. I provide both parties with advice on the application process and application deadline dates. I am the first point of contact staff and students will have with UoL, It is my aim to make sure the application process runs smoothly and swiftly.

I work closely with other departments to ensure students get a good service from UoL, as all departments are inter linked.

The hardest part of the job is trying to communicate with students that know basic English.

The best part is customer satisfaction, knowing you been able to help someone.
Pros
Flexiable working hours
Cons
Commuting by tube
Please find summary
Senior Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Electrotest Services Ltd22 February 2014
Running various sites Leasing with the customer to allow work to be carried out with the least disruption to people as possible. Sorting any problems that the client may have, working out of hours if needed to work with client
Fantastic organisation to work with
Sessional Lecturer (Current Employee) –  London, ENG24 October 2013
The team is brilliant; helpful and work as one team; I am enjoying the whole experience.
Pros
the mix of students
Cons
none yet

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UNIVERSITY OF LONDON. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2