University of Leeds Employee Reviews

Just a student
Researcher (Current Employee) –  Leeds13 December 2017
Just a researcher and so cannot really comment on the employment packages at the University. I do know people who have worked there for over 20 years so i guess its a good place.
top university but poor management practices
Professor (Current Employee) –  Leeds2 December 2017
top university, great brand, great facilities but poor management practices, lack of direction, focus, staying on top by recruiting people with top publications rather than developing people
Productive Place to work
Client IT Technician (Current Employee) –  Leeds23 November 2017
As an IT Technician I am always learning new things, and everyone is very nice. If I need any help there is always help at hand. Really nice environment to work in.
Pros
Nice people, Always learning new stuff, great experience
Excellent place to work
Faculty Systems IT Administrator (Former Employee) –  Leeds25 October 2017
A good place to learn new technologies, and an excellent support team - also the tools for working were always available.
Shame this was only a contract
Productive workplace
Personal Assistant to the Dean of Medicine (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire20 October 2017
I very much enjoyed working at the University of Leeds, being a personal assistant to the dean of medicine was challenging but also very rewarding. I loved learning my new skills and also loved working with the people there. It's a shame the role was only temporary.
Pros
Lovely people to work with
Cons
Temporary Position
A nice environment to work in
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire18 October 2017
I worked there for three month only for 4 hours a day with flexible hours which made it quite easy for me to balance between Studies and working and the payment was good.
Fun and Rewarding
Fund raiser (Former Employee) –  University25 September 2017
The Footsteps Fund, was founded on the principle that all outstanding students should have the opportunity to benefit from, and make the most of, their experience at Leeds, regardless of their background. As a fund raiser it was my job to call and build relationships with Leeds University Alumni to raise money for various projects in need of donations, such as Leeds for Life scholarship programs and Brain cancer research. Work was very rewarding as I not only was able to converse and learn about other peoples University experiences but was also able to aid so many life changing causes
Άριστη συνεργασία και επικοινωνία/ οργάνωση
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Yorkshire20 September 2017
Τυπικότατη ροή εργασίας και οργάνωση (πχ. προσωπική καθοδήγηση, δωρεάν η απαραίτητη γραφική ύλη).
Τυπικότατη καταβολή μισθού.
Άριστο πνεύμα συνεργασίας με όλους τους ιθύνοντες (υπεύθυνη μισθοδοσίας, υπεύθυνη φοιτητικής εργασίας, υπεύθυνος του project για το οποίο εργάστηκα).
Pros
Άριστη συνεργασία μεταξύ όλων των υπευθύνων, καθώς και εμού (κυρίως μέσω email αλλά και δια ζώσης).
Cons
Κανένα.
PhD Researcher (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire15 September 2017
I enjoied the time in Leeds.I met the best supervisors and colleagues here and the work environment was very comfortable. The management in Leeds university if very good.
Demoralising & boring(estates)
ESTATES WORKER (Current Employee) –  LEEDS UNIVERSITY CAMPUS6 September 2017
Are you are a decent tradesman??? then Dont work here, do you like plenty of walking then work here,adhere to h&s?Lets move swiftly on...Are you used to supervisors/management knowing what they are doing? No chance here buddy,fancy getting promoted for so many years loyalty think again,overlooked for a yes man now we are talking,low morale,victimisation,backstabbing all institutionalized culture here,it cant be all bad can it look at the other reviews but this is estates dept,different mindset,(try finding a pair of ladders)one final point all other universities pay a lot higher salaries which is why I am looking for another job!!!
Pros
Cant think of one not one
Cons
Have you got a couple of hours
Great Experience
Student (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire5 September 2017
Best University going. There is no better place in the UK in the last 5 years that can balance the quality of education with such a thriving hub of a city.
Productive and fun workplace
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire28 August 2017
Workplace culture is great.
Learned a lot about teamwork, communication and management skills.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with course friends to ensure maximum client satisfactory.
World class Institute in top University.
Programme Manager (Former Employee) –  Leeds27 August 2017
Really good institution with fantastic history and pedigree.

Top class programme with first rate students and colleagues.

Programme closure was a great loss and a regrettable decision.
Pros
Prestige and location
Cons
Very big restricted opportunities for individual impact
great location and on-campus facilities
Visiting Researcher (Former Employee) –  Leeds31 July 2017
I spend a short time at the University of Leeds as a visiting researcher. The staff was very professional and provided necessary administrative support to make my working life comfortable.
Rewarding and sociable
Peer Mentor (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire24 July 2017
As a peer mentor my role required flexibility in working with younger students as a friendly and trustworthy confidant. The university provided training for the individuals taking on the roles as peer mentors, and offered support over the year when necessary.
Excellent community to study and work
Post Graduate Invigilator/Assistant (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire17 July 2017
The University Leeds is an amazing and interesting place to study and work. The staff and student are quite friendly and always willing to help in any situation.
Pros
Rich learning and working environment. Excellent support from staffs and students of the University.
Cons
I think the University should invest more in experimental research into wind energy.
Badminton Coaching Scholar
Coaching Scholar (Former Employee) –  University of Leeds13 July 2017
A great place to work, but you have to be a student to hold my role. Everyone to do with the sports programmes at Leeds is fantastic. I would recommend it to any Student.
Very good experience
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Leeds13 July 2017
Typical day involved working 9-4 approximately. Learned how to talk and speak with new people and members of the public in general. Management were all very nice. Pay was very good.
Brilliant
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire21 June 2017
The pay and work ethicais always of a high appropriate standard, both students and staff are excellent co-workers and there are always plenty of opportunities for shifts
Pros
working with many familiar and new faces
Cons
not always garunteed a shift because of the volume of ambassadors
Great
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Leeds15 June 2017
Friendly staff, supportive environment and ability to develop skills and great workplace culture. Typical day at work involved proofreading and copywriting.
Pros
great
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Leeds. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4