University of Kent Employee Reviews

work experience
Domestic Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Canterbury31 October 2017
generally a good and happy place to work.
staff helpfull and friendly.
plenty of courses to attend.
any problems the supervisor are always on hand and ready to assist.
Cool and inspiring
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reino Unido20 September 2017
Working at the University of Kent was an amazing opportunity to learn
Rewarding
ACADEMIC PEER MENTOR (Former Employee) –  Kent16 July 2017
It was difficult at times to get the mentees to feel comfortable around e and the other mentors but they soon opened up to us and we were able to really help them understand the material
Educational
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Canterbury, Kent14 July 2017
An absolutely rewarding experience being a student at the University of Kent, whilst also being given the opportunity to do a year abroad in France.

Thrilled to have been the University's Student Ambassador for both French and Hispanic Studies.
Avarage
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Medway, Kent4 July 2017
1. Working as an Ambassador is easy. I manage people into groups, take them to interviews or lead tours for applicants and parents. Usually not much more than that.
2. I have learned people management and to deal with people at all levels.
3. Diverse culture.
4. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with other people and engaging with new people.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Sometimes gets boring
PA to Assistant Directors (Current Employee) –  Information Services28 June 2017
Working at the university enables you to learn a range of skills within a variety of departments. Job opportunities are excellent and staff developments is readily available.
What I learned from the job
Student (Former Employee) –  Canterbury, Kent19 June 2017
During my articelship in India, i came across different work situations and come out of the solutions to tackle them. Learnt not only Accounting, Auditing, Tax Return Filing but also learnt how to manage work under pressure, time management, self-disciplined.
An excellent University
Student (Former Employee) –  Canterbury, Kent17 June 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at the University of Kent. All four of my years as a Kent student, including my Year Abroad in Zaragoza, were memorable in their very own unique ways. I learnt a lot from my experience at the university, not only academically, but also in terms of valuable life skills. I also made many friends for life at the University of Kent.
It was such a great experience
Lab Experience - Research Project (Former Employee) –  Canterbury12 June 2017
The project gave me a taster of the 9am to 5pm lab work and the lab techniques was also a bonus. The tutors and students were very friendly during the course.
Pros
The project was interesting with novel investigations.
Cons
There was no opportunity for intership in the lab or volunteering in the laboratory
A true University
Student (Former Employee) –  Gillingham, Kent11 April 2017
The studentship at the University of Kent has benefit me with a steep learning curve. The path to achieving an MA in Music Technology was challenging and shall prove valuable in meeting deadlines with an emphasis on teamwork.
Pros
Friendly and Supportive Staff
Post-doctoral position (Former Employee) –  Canterbury, Kent8 April 2017
During my year working at University of Kent I felt comfortable and welcome. The work was productive, in part because of the good working environment.
Positive and Productive
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Kent5 February 2017
A positive and productive place to work. Management are knowledgeable and progression is available should you require or want to work towards it. Good supervision from other staff members as a new starter, and good induction programmes are also present.
Pros
Working hours, Pay, benifits and training
Cons
Repetitive, often lone working
Good atmosphere and easy work
Help Desk IT Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kent5 December 2016
A place for people to interact with customers, easy to solve queries and a place to build up your knowledge of IT. The shifts were manageable and plentiful.
Waitress
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Kent17 October 2016
it is very tidy and clean, the staff are all very friendly and funny and all work very hard to maintain the high quality of the university campus. The staff are trained to a high standard. the management are approachable and positive.
Fun,diverse and vibrant workplace.
Lead Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Kent26 September 2016
No two days were the same as an ambassador for the university. I enjoyed working with so many departments in the university and the Partnership Development Office are fantastic. They take feedback and ideas on board and are thoroughly supportive. As an ambassador I did work ranging from clerical work to mentoring and I enjoyed it all.

Both my career development and personal development were always considered by my line managers and without their invaluable support I would not have been such a successful ambassador.
Pros
Support, mentoring, diversity
Inclusive
Tour Guide (Current Employee) –  Canterbury30 May 2016
Co-workers diverse and easy to engage with. Roles included giving tours and engaging with prospective students which was challenging as inquisitive but managed to answer all questions asked and if not then redirected at those who may be able to answer the questions better.
Pros
Engaging environment
Cons
Too short hours
Tutor/ Teacher of Greek and English/ Translator
Research assistant at the university of Kent. (Current Employee) –  Canterbury24 May 2016
I recruited participants and I conducted the experiment giving instructions to them. I was paid by the university of Kent (Department of European Languages and Cultures).
Fun place to work
Green Impact Project Assistant (Former Employee) –  ENG11 December 2015
I really learnt a lot about sustainability and how, with dedication and effort, you can help motivate team members to complete their Green Impact Project duties.
Positive and diverse environment
SRAA Invigilator (Former Employee) –  Canterbury, ENG25 November 2015
I enjoyed working there . It is a great place to work and colleagues are really supportive.A diverse environment with students from all over the world.
Productive and friendly
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Chatham13 October 2015
Working as Student Ambassador and Event Promoter, this has allowed me to work on my communication skills with other students by introducing them to the university experience and answering any queries they may have. The staffs are friendly. This job give me opportunity to meet new people during my studies.