University of Cumbria Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
University on the up
Deputy Manager (sport) (Current Employee) –  Carlisle, Cumbria30 August 2017
Working there over 10 years i have seen plenty of troubles and turmoil in the variety of roles have undertaken. But it appears now under the new VC that positive changes are being made and the university is beginning to move forward positivley. The university is has a very small communities of staff on each campus. In its 10th year staff have really began to bond and working moral is good.

If you want to work somewhere where you get a sense of community and togetherness. You should consider....
Pros
Good staff moral
Cons
Persistant structural changes
Good Pay but constant restructures
Senior Administrator (Current Employee) –  Cumbria3 August 2017
Good rate of pay but no career advancement opportunities. Definite bias towards individuals through obvious favouritism. Bullying/harassment not acknowledged and conveniently swept under the carpet. HR totally unprofessional and absolutely no accountability for constant errors made.
Pros
Gym discounts
Cons
Constant restructures/stress at work
Brilliant company to work for
Nursery assistant (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, Lancashire31 July 2017
Was always a busy day as there was about 20 children a day who all required attention. I learnt all about children's sleeping routines and how to discipline them if needed.
Pros
lovely staff
Cons
Too much travelling
Fun and Productive
Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Carlisle, Cumbria2 February 2017
Interacting with members of staff and the public also with prospective students. I learned how to interact with various groups and individuals.th management and the atmosphere in work is enjoyable. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people and representing the university as a professional.
Good pay but not the happy working enviroment
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, Lancashire9 December 2016
pay and benefits great but not the best working enviroment anymore, badly managed. Too many job reviews that are costly and don't save money which leads to disappointment within the staff and effects the working environment.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Bad Management
Challenging workplace
Manager (Former Employee) –  Cumbria23 November 2016
Challenging place to work due to the amount of change taking place, which makes it difficult to progress work when change is constant.
Good Employer
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Lancaster2 September 2016
Interesting and productive place to work, is continually exceling in the Higher Education sector. I met many good and hardworking co-workers, who make it a pleasant environment to work. I learnt many new skills in all of my differing roles at the University. Overall a good locally based employer.
flexible hours worked around my university course and friendly staff.
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, Cumbria University.5 June 2016
A typical day working as an ambassador meant delivering presentations and campus tours to prospective students and parents, hosting interview days and selling the university to future students. A few of the skills I learnt were centred around teamwork and leadership, being creative and thinking on my feet, time management and how to interact with the public. My co-workers were also students at the University some of which I already knew from living on campus. I enjoyed working alongside them as a positive and proactive working environment was established very early on. The hardest part of the job for me were the campus tours because I could be showing up to as many as 40 people around so I had to think on my feet whenever a question was asked that hadn't been before. However this was also the most enjoyable part of the job because I like to be challenged and I also got to interact with the students on a more personal level and tell them about my own experiences of University life.
I worked as an ambassador from November 2014- August 2015.
Pros
free lunches.
Cons
not enough shifts given
General
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Lancaster31 January 2014
This job is extremely fun and enjoyable, however, is is only as and when there is work so does not offer a very good continuous salary.
Pros
Enjoyable job
Cons
Not enough work
Enjoyable
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, ENG17 June 2013
The work was variable hours, and as such there was no fixed pattern of shifts meaning I had to be flexible. This was a major plus for myself, and also I could interact with customers and help them to enjoy their day. Setting up for the functions also was enjoyable, and I found this rewarding. The hardest part was the complete refurbishment of various blocks, it was physically tough but I am not afraid of hard work.

Want to know more about University of Cumbria?

Ask a question
A fulltime student at University of Cumbria
Full time student (Former Employee) –  Mile end5 May 2013
A three year course directed and involving how to relate to and ensure children make progress in their learning.