Comment – 6 June 2017
I started work as Security Officer at Bristol University in 1985.
I had previously been a student + worked for a number of temporary jobs + attended short courses so arriving at Bristol University in a uniformed job was very welcome.
The University of Bristol is a good employer offering staff a range of company benefits including;
1) Good holidays,
2) Improved pay over the years + shift, weekend enhancements,
3) Good company pension scheme + redundancy,
4) Free uniform + excellent courses.
1) Early starts of 6 am + late finish 10 pm shift work (no night work).
2) Lots of weekend including bank holidays.long week 56 hours
3) Physical demands.
In general the University of Bristol was a great place to work.