United Response Employee Reviews

Shocking
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Bury, Greater Manchester16 January 2018
I've worked for this company for many years. The managers treat you like a general dogs body. They implement that much paperwork it actually hinders the time you have to support your client and that's if you have the adequate staff! This company want it to look amazing on paper but if anyone actually bothered to ask the staff if they were happy I think they would have a wake up call. Minimum wage and not much more for senior and all the responsibility they place on you, no support at all. It's a shame really because 10 years ago id have said different, new management different values poor values
Pros
Support staff in general are great as are people we support
Cons
Long hours poor pay lack of respect and praise
22 January 2018

Thanks for your review, we are sorry to hear that you feel this way and welcome you to contact us if there is anything you would like to discuss regarding the time you spent in employment with United Response:

Please email us at:

Horrible
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Chorley5 January 2018
Badly managed, no bonus scheme, poor wage, long hours, duty of care always called however no duty of care for staff, not enough managers for amount of services, no staff.

HR/Recruitment

would never work for again.
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Exeter4 January 2018
This job takes the life from you. I had a 40 hour a week contract but was working at least 70 a week due to too much overtime that no one would do as staff didn't like the services. Thee was no help from management with the challenging behaviour being displayed. The staff were then getting the blame when things went wrong. Things were reported that went unanswered and has now been reported to CQC. I would not work here again after everything i was out through while in employment.
Management don't follow rules and cut corners on everything.
Pros
service users
Cons
long hours and days, no help from management, management cutting corners

HR/Recruitment

Excellent company to work for
Supported Living Worker (Former Employee) –  Bradford11 December 2017
This is an awesome company to work for with locations around the country to work at the Staff and management are all very polite and friendly they offer great training programs and also offer lots of support to there staff I would recommend this company as a place to work for anyone
Pros
Great benefits to working with this company
Cons
Long hours but flexible
10 January 2018

Thanks for your positive review!

We do our very best to make sure that we offer as much support and development ot our staff as possible and it's great to hear you feel you have benefitted from this.

We are sad to see you go but wish you all the best!.

Awful company
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Maidstone22 November 2017
Avoid at all costs, terrible company. The heiracy is overwhelming, relief staff cherry picking shifts and full time contracted staff forced to work a seven day week including 2 sleep ins. Management awful who can not or will not think outside the box. Enormous amount of ridiculous red tape and box ticking preventing actually doing the job you were hired for. The worst company I have had the misfortune to come across
4 December 2017

Lovely people
Senior Support Worker (Former Employee) –  South Shields, Tyne and Wear20 November 2017
I really enjoyed working here, I’m a peoples person and loved supporting the people who lived their, the skills I carry is that I can adapt my personality, to suit the person/ persons needs and wishes.
Pros
Making a difference to someone’s life, making them smile
Cons
Always a shortage of staff
4 December 2017

Hi

Thanks very much for your kind review, we are sad to have lost you.

We hope you will keep up to date with the work we are doing via Facebook and Twitter.

Wishing you all the best!

HR/Recruitment.

Management rubbish
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Darlington20 October 2017
Great working with some people..Clients were great..but management didn't care about workers towards the end..Was sad to leave friends but was gave no choice..
24 October 2017

Hi

Thanks for your review, great to hear that you enjoyed working with the people we support.

We are concerned that you felt your views weren't listened to by your Management Team. If there is anything you feel you would like to discuss please feel free to let us know.

Sarah (HR/Recruitment).

Sweet and sour
Senior Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Welwyn, Hertfordshire13 October 2017
when I first started the job was good fun - situation was good, management where easy to get on with but change or management made job unjoyable, hardest part of job was putting up with pathetic clueless managers towards the end, enjoyable part with with the clients and other staff members
Pros
good team
Cons
rubbish managers towards the end
24 October 2017

Hi

Thanks for your review, we are sorry to hear that you felt unhappy towards the end of your time with us.

If there is anything you would like to discuss please feel free to contact to us directly.

Sarah (HR/Recruitment)

A typical day at work
Bank Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Teddington, Greater London9 October 2017
It can be very busy and at the start of the day, however it was always enjoyable. The staffs are nice and work well together.
The shift pattern for me was the hardest part of working with UR then.

Supporting the individuals was the most enjoying part of the job.
Pros
Outings
Cons
Shift patterns and staff sleep rooms.
10 October 2017

Hi

Thanks for your review, working shifts can be tough and we thank you for all your hard work.The people we support really do appreciate it!

Lovely to hear that you enjoyed working with the team and supporting the individuals you worked with.

Could be better
Support Worker, supported living (Former Employee) –  Ilminster18 September 2017
This company is good to work for the only problem is they have never had a good manager. The clients are all lovely and most of the families aswell, be prepared to work hard
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Poor managemrnt
20 September 2017

Hi There

Thanks for your 4* review, we are sorry that you haven't always had the most positive experience with us and welcome your feedback.

If there is anything you would like to discuss, please feel free to contact us at:

Good staff team
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  East Anglia15 September 2017
really enjoyed working with the pws and had an excellent team of staff around me. Excellent training provided with fuel allowance paid for at a good rate.
20 September 2017

Hi

Thanks so much for your review, great to hear that you enjoyed working with the People we support and that you found the training valuable.

We widh you the best of luck in the future!

HR/ Recruitment

A great place to work
HR Assistant (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire29 August 2017
Fab place to work, with great employee benefits.
Supportive management who give you the right tools to gain experience and provide high amounts of training to help get you the qualifications you need to have a successful career.
Will work with you to help a achieve a healthy work life balance.
Pros
Friendly colleagues and management
Cons
N/a
31 August 2017

Hi, thanks for your kind review and 5 star rating.

We do our very best to make sure that we are providing the very best training and progression opportunities for staff on all levels, great to hear that we are able to help you be successful in your role!

Keep up the good work.

Lots to do always busy
Good outcomes for people
Good shifts
Nice people
Pros
Friendly and supportive
Cons
Pay
29 August 2017

Hi, thanks very much for your kind review.

Lovely to hear that you are having such a great time with us, remember to refer your friends to join us aswell in order to claim your £150 refer a friend bonus!

Many Thanks

Poor
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Folkestone, Kent11 July 2017
Some lovely staff however management and few higher up staff quite poor. Felt bullied by some and made to feel quite intimidated. Wouldn't recommend to my worst enemy if I'm honest. Your opinion will be ignored and put down unless it suits them. Pay not too bad but could be better. Seem lovely first meeting and hours are great but quite quickly your cut to nothing unless contracted.
Pros
Some great staff and people to support
Cons
Management. Pay.
29 August 2017

Hi, thanks for your review.

Sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your time with us. We are really concerned by some of the issues you have mentioned and would be more than happy to discuss these with you.

Please feel welcome to contact us for a chat.

good company
Service manager (Current Employee) –  Bristol9 July 2017
good company, great training and career advancements,
Good management, great place to work.
flexible working and help with childcare, good HR systems in place.
29 August 2017

Hi, thanks very much for your positive review.

It's so great to hear that you are enjoying your time with us and that we are able to help you work flexibly around your childcare, it's really important to us that we do everything we can to help you succeed in your role and a good work/life balance is essential to that.

We truly appreciate everything you do, keep up the good work!

Busy, but rewarding
Manager (Current Employee) –  North East29 June 2017
A great organisation to work for, great training opportunities in addition to the mandatory training requirements.

It can be hard work and sometimes long hours but most definitely worth when you see a person supported achieving something.
Pros
Flexible working, staff perks website, free employee helpline and physio if needed
6 July 2017

Thank you for your positive review and 5 star rating.

United Response

Whistle Blowing
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Bury, Greater Manchester29 June 2017
Don't, you will find yourself out of work. Also, very,much a clique company involving the managers.
The worst support staff I have ever worked with. Appalling company.
6 July 2017

Thank you for your review, i'm sorry to hear you have had a negative experience. I would like the opportunity to discuss this further. Please feel free to contact me on 0113 385 2194 or debra.stockdale@unitedresponse.org.uk

Kind Regards

Recruitment Manager

very disloyal to whistle blowers
Support worker full time (Former Employee) –  Neston, Wiltshire24 June 2017
I had three lovely men to look after in all aspects of care, good training but when wanted to put it in practice told to ignore training, management ignorant unless they liked you, when whistle blow was made impossible to stay with this company
Pros
men we looked after
Cons
work exsperience
6 July 2017

Thank you for your review, i'm sorry to hear you have had a negative experience. It would be great to speak further. Please feel free to contact me on 0113 385 2194 or debra.stockdale@unitedresponse.org.uk

Kind Regards
United Response

Good work place
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Folkestone2 June 2017
Learned new skill and met some amazing people staff and people that we support very helpful staff helped me get through the training and it is a hard job but at the end of the day its really rewarding.
Pros
sometimes doesn't feel like your working
Cons
Payment could be better, and emotions

Thank your for your positive review and 5 start rating

Many Thanks

varied job role
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Lancashire15 May 2017
staff usually nice.
work load depends on service you are in.
expect to stay on duty if short staffed.
some millage paid depends on where and why you have to travel.
Pros
company benifits
Cons
can be long shifts and sleep ins.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United Response. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8