United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
New facilities
Community Midwife (Former Employee) –  Boston25 November 2017
There is a new maternity unit opening soon, which looks to be very well equipped, with much more space than they currently have. Training is linked to Nottingham University and for some disciplines with Lincoln University.
Overworked and undervalued
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, Lincolnshire4 November 2017
Budget cuts and squeezing every last drop of productivity from its remaining staff has left ULHT on its knees. I took early retirement from my front-line administration job this summer and it was the best thing I ever did. I know several long-term colleagues are going the same way.

If you're a nurse, I give ULHT five stars. If you scrape through the interview, the job's yours and take your pick as every ward has vacancies. As you progress through your career, you will go higher up the ranks eventually never needing to touch a patient. You will be so out of touch with what happens in the ward environment that you would be the perfect candidate for Head of Nursing.

If you are not a nurse, you are treated as both expendable and replaceable despite regular motivational e-mails from the CEO (who, to his credit, is clearly passionate about his role). Most job roles have been de-banded or get de-banded as they are replaced - if they are replaced at all. Most vacancies end up being split between existing staff. If you are good at your job you will be expected to take on more and more without a word of thank you, and when you finally crack and announce you're leaving you become a handy cost-saving.

A long-term member of staff on the top of their band can easily be replaced by a young up-start on £7.88 an hour. This is a Trust which shifts incompetent managers on £50000+ between "projects" to try - and fail - to wave a magic wand over its problems, but which also restricts what stationery a ward can order.

If you value your sanity, go elsewhere.
Pros
Pay enhancements at nights/weekends
Cons
Too long to list
Hard but rewarding
Health Care Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, Lincolnshire3 November 2017
Hard but rewarding place to work. There is a big importance placed on teamwork and this is a big pro to working here. Lots of training and education provided
Good job, poor guidance
Clinical Imaging Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston5 December 2016
This job was done after hours and on my own, which was lovely in way but also frustrating as if I ever had any problems I had no one to go to to resolve them.
Its okay
Medical Records Clerk (Current Employee) –  lincoln15 February 2016
Good place to work so long as your don't aim for advancement or high wages. People are easy to get along with and training is also good although sometimes no necessary.