Unilever Employee Reviews

Same as an other Office workplace
Pension Administrator (Current Employee) –  Darlington, Durham10 February 2018
Unilever was supposed to be a new challenge, with it being a proper pension scheme and not the FAS or PPF. The training was good, but because we took over the administration from another company, we were immediately on the back foot playing catch up on the backlog. We have been playing catch up ever since 01/11/2017 and we rarely geta member calling for details on his/her pension, its just call after call on people chasing us up on why they haven't been paid, why they haven't had their CETV, why does my overseas relative get charged a haling fee.....its just a constant battle trying to appease angry members.
Pros
Good Team of People and 1 day off a week
Cons
Always on the backfoot playing catch up
Great place to start your career
Global assistant Brand Manager - Comfort (Current Employee) –  London4 February 2018
Great place to start your career. People oriented, with a lot of benefits on top of salary.
Highly recommended for who wants to have a career in Fast moving consumer goods.
good job bad hours
Palletiser / Operator / Warehouse / / Quality (Former Employee) –  Port Sunlight1 February 2018
I really enjoyed working for unilever but the 12 hour shift patterns was changing and I decided to take early retirement now I have had 18 months in the relaxing iam looking forward to a little part time work
Great company to work for!
Technical Operator (Former Employee) –  Trafford Park, Greater Manchester1 February 2018
Great company to work for! This company is proactive regarding health and safety and a good team environment. They provide excellent training and development for employees.
Finance Business Partner
Finance Business Partner (Former Employee) –  Finance Business Partner31 January 2018
Fabulous role
Great company

They really cared about their staff
Staff shop
Freebie from time to time
Great developments
Training

Free drinks and ice cream
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
contract
interesting place to work
Territory Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear23 January 2018
Interesting place to work with great colleagues.
I'm ready and hungry for a new challenge within sales and ready to show any employees how I can work both within a team or on my own to reach any sales target.
Pros
salary
Cons
Very productive, but difficult to work with team-mates
MARKET INTELLIGENCE CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  London16 January 2018
They have and use market data at its best and to the maximum capacity which make the company absolutely outstanding. They know how to listen to shoppers and it makes the company highly competitive.
Pros
listens to the market needs
Cons
difficult communication
Solid base to my skill
Craft Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Grimsby, Lincolnshire5 January 2018
Served my time here and learned a lot with the large cross section of skill sets employed there and this has served me well throughout my career so far
Pros
Training
Cons
Closure of the plant
Positive and enjoyable environment
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Portsunlight16 December 2017
Really inspiring place to work- real people with progression routes! I enjoyed working with the various teams at Unilever- the people are real and have a truly inspiring work life balance.
work experiance
Work Experience Student (Former Employee) –  Battersea15 December 2017
Work experience with Unilever was great they will me with new things to learn in a business and new tasks came along each day and they were easy going tasks as well as challenges.

Want to know more about Unilever?

Ask a question
Fun and professional
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Leatherhead14 December 2017
Unilever was a very professional workplace with a lot to offer. i got to experience what every day life would be like for the graphic designers. Everyone was really friendly and treated me as part of the team.
Pros
Offers on all products
Cons
Long drive
1st contract JOB
Consultant - Global Implementation Lead (Current Employee) –  London27 November 2017
1st contract JOB with Unilever and very happy with the company culture and work life balance and pay. Excellent management and very friendly collegues.
Pros
work from home policy
Cons
Furlough period for contractors in December- 2 to 3 weeks forced leave
Great brands, some great colleagues and overall a positive experience
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Leatherhead, Surrey14 November 2017
No two days were the same during my time at Unilever which meant work was extremely varied, challenging and exciting at times. There was a real need to be agile in a fast-paced environment, but the culture was professional and friendly and there was a lot of talent in the building from whom you could learn from if you took the time. The Unilever Sustainable Living Plan is fantastic as it enables you to understand the positive differences their household brands can make to people's lives in addition to driving sustainable growth and profits for the company. I would recommend Unilever as a place to work.
Pros
Agile working, staff shop, super office, brilliant brands, strong on sustainability
Cons
Constant change can lead to lack of stability; need to push for own career advancement.
Interesting company to work for
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  London13 November 2017
Unilever is more than just an FMCG company with their focus on Sustainability, which is part of every function, especially communications and it makes it interesting when reviewing projects with this view
Overly bureaucratic
Supply Chain Manager (Former Employee) –  Port Sunlight10 November 2017
Decision making is slow and managers insufficiently empowered. Work programme is self-determined. Option to work from home is a plus. Collaboration and team working has deteriorated in recent years.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Budget
Great FMCG Company
Group Financial Controller and Tax Manager (Former Employee) –  North Africa & Middle East31 October 2017
They are very supportive for talents and promoting new ideas, they are continuously enhancing their support functions and improving the way they do business.
Clean safe and happy place to work
Quality Packaging Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wirral19 October 2017
During a typical day at Unilever I would Inspect up to 10 pallets of product looking for leaking bottles then return the pallets to the warehouse. Any leaking bottles I found I would take to the lab clean and inspect, the root cause of the leak would then be recorded and reported to the management. As my background experience contains a variety of lab work there was not much for me to learn although I did learn how to use a pallet truck. The management team were all very friendly and approachable. The operators on the factory floor were well mannered and the banter was always present but never rude, a good team working environment. For me the hardest part of the job was leaving when the bottle leak problem had been solved. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the Scientists on bottle trials, this gave me the opportunity to use my problem solving skills.
Pros
Clean and safe
Cons
Constant factory noise and very hot in Summer
Great experience
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London2 October 2017
Share Information and idea to help develop marketing strategy. I found this is the great opportunity to show an ideas and shared the experience from the real user of this product.
A constantly changing environment
National account manager (Former Employee) –  Home Based26 September 2017
There is no typical day. I learned huge amounts during my time with Unilever and had some brilliant working relationships with both line and senior management. The workplace culture is constantly evolving.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Worklife balance
Good secure place with good benefits
Key Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Bahrain24 September 2017
Company itself is very good in terms of job security and benefits. However advancement in the company is slow and a lot of decisions are taken by management without any involvement of the team. This is however not true for management in all the countries that the company operates in.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Unilever. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2