Unilever Employee Reviews

Interesting company to work for
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  London13 November 2017
Unilever is more than just an FMCG company with their focus on Sustainability, which is part of every function, especially communications and it makes it interesting when reviewing projects with this view
Overly bureaucratic
Supply Chain Manager (Former Employee) –  Port Sunlight10 November 2017
Decision making is slow and managers insufficiently empowered. Work programme is self-determined. Option to work from home is a plus. Collaboration and team working has deteriorated in recent years.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Budget
Great FMCG Company
Group Financial Controller and Tax Manager (Former Employee) –  North Africa & Middle East31 October 2017
They are very supportive for talents and promoting new ideas, they are continuously enhancing their support functions and improving the way they do business.
Clean safe and happy place to work
Quality Packaging Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wirral19 October 2017
During a typical day at Unilever I would Inspect up to 10 pallets of product looking for leaking bottles then return the pallets to the warehouse. Any leaking bottles I found I would take to the lab clean and inspect, the root cause of the leak would then be recorded and reported to the management. As my background experience contains a variety of lab work there was not much for me to learn although I did learn how to use a pallet truck. The management team were all very friendly and approachable. The operators on the factory floor were well mannered and the banter was always present but never rude, a good team working environment. For me the hardest part of the job was leaving when the bottle leak problem had been solved. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the Scientists on bottle trials, this gave me the opportunity to use my problem solving skills.
Pros
Clean and safe
Cons
Constant factory noise and very hot in Summer
Great experience
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London2 October 2017
Share Information and idea to help develop marketing strategy. I found this is the great opportunity to show an ideas and shared the experience from the real user of this product.
A constantly changing environment
National account manager (Former Employee) –  Home Based26 September 2017
There is no typical day. I learned huge amounts during my time with Unilever and had some brilliant working relationships with both line and senior management. The workplace culture is constantly evolving.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Worklife balance
Good secure place with good benefits
Key Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Bahrain24 September 2017
Company itself is very good in terms of job security and benefits. However advancement in the company is slow and a lot of decisions are taken by management without any involvement of the team. This is however not true for management in all the countries that the company operates in.
Senior Producer and Global Head (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London20 September 2017
Promotes agile working. Great work/life balance. Two days are never the same. Can be your own boss, have your say and make a difference. Your voice is valued.
Pros
Agile working.
Cons
Quiet atmosphere at times.
Friendly Workplace
Student Researcher (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside20 September 2017
A great place to work. I was only there on a temporary summer studentship but found everyone I came across to be approachable and friendly whilst remaining professional.
Great job with wonderful people
Formulation Chemist (Former Employee) –  Leeds13 September 2017
Lots of room to advance in the business aspect with lots of support from managers. The best thing is the people, a really great group that promotes happy and healthy work.
Fun workplace
Global Digital Assistant Brand Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London7 September 2017
- Exciting projects
- Learnt so much about brand marketing
- Workplace culture, very flexible and accommodating to personal needs
- UL shop great to have access to!
Fun and family like environment
ABM (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London3 September 2017
Very good working atmosphere and fantastic brands to work on all surrounded by a strongely engrained purpose to build a sustainable planent and business
still as good as when i first joined
materials operator (Former Employee) –  traffor park21 August 2017
a typical day at work starts as soon as I clock in checking e-mails to unloading wagons full of materials to servicing the factory floor and the checking of the right materials for the right machine
productive fun workplace
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  lodon road purfleet18 August 2017
great experience working for one of the biggest FMGC in the world using WCM in our day to day operations. Had the opportunity to train in other areas of the business.
Pros
discount in staff shop
Cons
great agile working on offer
Business Analyst/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Birkenhead, Merseyside17 August 2017
Great place to work for agile working, great team working ethics, well organised, wonderful place for training and development, fair daily rates of pay.
Assessor (Former Employee) –  Wirral14 August 2017
Working 8.30 till 2 also flexi time. Great team to work with and excellent training. Lovely place to work, every body so friendly and helpful. Due to cutbacks I was finished up. Absolutely gutted, and I would go back without hesitation.
Pros
Fantastic family/worklife
Cons
Worked Outsourced, cutbacks
Postive and forward thinking organisation
Regional HR Business Partner (Former Employee) –  Various Locaitons10 August 2017
Very good operation and strategy. Culture within the organisation is very strong. Lots of change and improvement which is positive. Good at engagement.
Good Place to Work
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Sharnbrook, Bedfordshire8 August 2017
Unilever SEAC is a good place to work, most of the people are professional but also know how to have a laugh when needed.

Management I think could be a little more engaged in their employees needs
Good company
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Gloucester, Gloucestershire7 August 2017
Excellent company to work for good benefits for staff, penison etc. Shift work but always start/finish on time. Get to eat ice cream at work. Good breaks and working conditions
Enjoyable, friendly workplace
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Port Sunlight29 July 2017
Good work/life balance, especially with partial flexi-time even for temps. Welcoming, friendly employees. Management decisions outside of your control.
Pros
Partial flexi-time, friendly colleagues
Cons
Major budget cutbacks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Unilever. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2