UPS Employee Reviews

Just left
Parcel Sorter (Former Employee) –  Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk20 February 2018
I worked for this company a little over a month. I felt like I was thrown in the deep end expecting to know my job without being trained. When it come to loading the vans on my first day I was expected to load 2 vans at a time without any knowledge at all of what I was supposed to do. As for their rules, I find them lacking in any compassion. When on your 3 month trial period you are only allowed 1 day in the whole time off. I was off 2 days. I had 2 very genuine reasons for my absence and on both occasions I let them know I wouldnt be in and why I wasnt able to come into work. I was informed that if you have more than 1 day off in your trial period you would be faced with instant dismissal. I feel this is very harsh. As for the people I worked with, they were a wonderful bunch and made me feel very much at home. I just feel the person in charge on my shift was lacking in both empathy and understanding.
Pros
Morning shift is perfect for people with children who cant afford childcare. Money is very good.
Cons
Trial period rules are very harsh. Bad management and lack of proper training.
Rubbish
Driver (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom15 February 2018
They tell you to leave your job, as they say you have their job.. when In fact you don’t have it 100% securely until you travel away for a weeks training weeks after being told your start date to be told u don’t have the job due to Really pathetic rules like your trousers are 20mm too long, have brown socks on instead of black or your head or face is not shaved enough or sweating the slightest amount!!

NEVER WORK HERE
Pros
No pros
Cons
All cons
My kids could run the company better!
Logistic Assistant / Salesman (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands12 February 2018
From the start to finish completely unorganised plus had to fight for 3 months to get paid for overtime which their machine didn't record. I had the driver give a statement but it wasn't excepted.
Pros
World Brand
Cons
The whole company
meh
Parcel Sorter - Night Shift (Former Employee) –  Tamworth, Staffordshire7 February 2018
The job was a difficult job to begin with.
To be honest it got easier in time however the staff did not i was there for 2 months and they kept messing me around, when i got comfy working in one place they would not let up on me. I either worked too slow or i was choosing the wrong areas to send parcels.
Pros
good money for time worked
Cons
no social life as had to sleep
Good Work Life balance
Parcel Sorter (Former Employee) –  Tamworth, Staffordshire31 January 2018
Working at UPS means you would usually be doing a 5-6 hour shift, with different shifts, such as the Twilight hours or Midnight hours. I worked the midnight shift normally starting at 10:00 PM and finishing around 03:00 AM, allowing me all day and afternoon to myself before work. The pay is good for the hours worked. Benefit of more pay more hours. Overall, easy to get the work done and paid.
Pros
Short shift with good pay.
Calm and Productive
Forklift Driver/Warehouse Operative/Picker (Former Employee) –  Ossett, West Yorkshire29 January 2018
Very cold warehouse no heating. Busy atmosphere, always on your toes . Adequate breaks, microwaves to warm food and vending machines . Some work colleagues are nice to work with.
Pros
Treats
Cons
0 Hour contract
Ups
Team Leader (Customer Services)/Exports Advisor (Former Employee) –  Nottingham28 January 2018
I enjoyed my time at UPS. My supervisors awarded me often for the work I did. The salary was great as was the job security. The commuting time killed it for me.
Pros
Interesting job and good salary
Cons
Long commute
Good insight into courier
Clerk (Former Employee) –  London28 January 2018
Good place to learn and see how courier shipments are handled and controlled through this fast paced transit hub. Time management is key in ensuring KPI's are met.
Pros
Cons
Hours
Good pay however...
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Gillingham26 January 2018
I worked for them over Christmas, the management is awful letting you know if they need you or not, most of the time they wont tell you intill the last second unless you need the money its not worth the frustration of the management
Not a bad job
Warehouse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stanford le Hope24 January 2018
It's not the best but it will do.. sometimes they make you work Really hard and do other people jobs. Pros are high pay but night shift hours. Can get you into trouble and management isn't the best. They can't seem follow simple rules
Dont do it to yourself
Delivery Driver Multi Drop (Former Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire24 January 2018
Very discriminating company, no care for your personal life, if your a hard worker they will take advantage of you. There is no reward for being a good employee. always expect the impossible from there drivers
Pros
Cons
everything
fun
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  London Heathrow Airport, Greater London23 January 2018
if you want to work for 3 months then get told they don't want you anymore apply for ups for such a big company not one person knows how to do anything or talk to anyone
Pros
Cons
long houes
job is great
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London22 January 2018
the job itself is great. get to driver around delivering packages and have fun. fairly self explanatory. if youre an outdorsy person then its perfect for you.
Good people
Preloader / Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Camden, Greater London21 January 2018
Ideal work with good pay for those with other commitments (studying, family or second job) during the day
good workforce and friendly environment
would recommend for those that need a job to support their main priority in life
Pros
Have the day to do what you need to do
Cons
Difficult hours
Driver and Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Essex17 January 2018
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Great Team, hard work very little appreciation
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  London15 January 2018
Understaffed and alot of cross training involved. Although a great team involved and friendly.

Communication is not strong point for management and difficult with Holidays.
Pros
Free shipping around the world
Cons
Not much holiday availability
Fun
Drivers Mate (Former Employee) –  Luton, Bedfordshire10 January 2018
I enjoyed working for ups.
The number 1 thing I learnt was to always put the customer first no matter what. All the staff at ups were friendly and open to teach the best way of delivering a customers parcel successfully. The hardest part of the job i thought was delivering the packages to the collection points i believe I just needed abit more practice with it. The most enjoyable part of the job was the working experience.
productive
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Tamworth, Staffordshire3 January 2018
very fast paced loading goods into a container in a secure and orderly fashion the pace is sometimes too fast and is very bearing on your back but if your a strong person it has great work hours and a workout all rolled into one
Great seaonal role
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  York2 January 2018
As a seasonal temp role, the ups driver helper job was great. Well payed and if you put the work in the driver will appreciate it, and your more likely to get more hours. Overtime is great
Fast, Productive and fun workplace
Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tamworth, UK21 December 2017
Well planned day work with pre-sort meeting with superior management where one gets all the relevant information before hand. As I started parcel sorter and stepped up the ladder to be a team leader and than supervisor I learned a lot from my superior and colleagues. Maintained good rapport with all from team mates up to the management superior.
Very fast paced work hence ups and down are the part and parcel of the work place, but very motivated and energetic environment.
Hardest part to keep zero tolerant accident free and zero damage work place was the most hardest as someone somewhere is always there to break the "ICE".
The most enjoyable part of my job was to finish on time without any mis-loads, damages and injuries. And also to achieve target PPH (parcel per hour).
Pros
xmas gift box
Cons
Not enough parking spaces

58.6K