UPS Employee Reviews

Average
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire21 November 2017
very Good job
I loved it just that I was sucked for consistent turning up late .
Apply and best of luck it involves a lot of manual handling though just to warn you and prepare you as well.
Pros
Friday - free fruits
Cons
N/a
forget this job.
Drivers Mate (Former Employee) –  Cardiff20 November 2017
you will walk 8/12mls a day loaded with parcels,if customs not in you carry parcels full streets,you will delivery your quota 40 ish a day,then the drivers will give you their machines so it clocks up that they did all the work,when in reality you have delivered another 30 or so parcels,do this job if your a mug,
Pros
pay
Cons
drivers
Busy, fast paced enviroment
Team Leader/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dordon, Warwickshire12 November 2017
UPS are the biggest parcel distribution company worldwide and one I am proud to work for. They offer fast, efficient service and it is down to team leaders and a hard working team to ensure these promises are kept. The HUB is a fast paced, busy environment with the management and staff alike all working towards the same goals which is delivering the best customer service at all times.
Good
Feeder drivet (Current Employee) –  Tamworth, Staffordshire12 November 2017
Good place to work get uniform TO look like every other drive jobs very interesting every day can be completely different wag and drag gives you more to do overall hood place to work
Pros
Very close to home
Cons
Good job
Very poor
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire7 November 2017
They took ages paying my wages so therefore I had to leave my position here just to get paid I think it was because I was young they took advantage and I couldn’t stand back and be taken around the corner
Service Providers are not delivery men.
Service provider (Former Employee) –  Dartford, Kent6 November 2017
As a previous employee of UPS who did not experience the best of times when it came to management, I cannot fault the nuts and bolts of what truly makes UPS what it is, and that's the customers, the Services Prividers and the office and admin staff at each depot, throughout the globe.

A service provider could not do the job he/she does if it was not for the girls and the few girlie blokes in the office, and the customers they try there bloody hardest to not let down and provide a world class service too.

And "No" I don't want my job back, I wouldn't work for certain managerial mindsets for anything. EVER..
Pros
Genuine workers who love their family.
Cons
Politics
Productive all round
warehouse person (Former Employee) –  Southampton31 October 2017
This envirment has everthing that you need to know about speed on delivering your work load at your station. there is always good comute among the people their, and always willing to help if needed.
Pros
Hard work
Cons
nice breaks whe they come.
Worker as sorter
Sorter (Current Employee) –  Tamworth, Staffordshire19 October 2017
I would not recommend to work for UPS as the management doesn't give s**** and even you do report some problem to supervisors or team leader they don't care because all from local area and they don't give favor to people but they will take care of people who they go out on Saturday night to club.
Pros
Get rid of the s***** managmanet
Cons
Learn how to recpect to employe
Ups
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Barking18 October 2017
Very unprofessional regarding the way they treat their employees. A lot of favouritism to certain individuals that don't work as hard as others, but if an employee who gives 100% , it goes unnoticed. The way team leaders and management speak to employees, is absolutely disgusting. Lack of communication between management and employees. Lack of care for their employees.
Pros
22 mins break if lucky
Cons
Pressure tactics by team leader than supervisor
not majorally bad
Sorter/Loader (Former Employee) –  Castle Donington10 October 2017
the import hours are great 3.5 hours in the middle of the night you do not miss anything. the people are majority sound, if you want to talk you can if you don't no ones really bothered. rules are not too strict and the pay makes it all worth while. Management is abit rubbish when it comes to the busy night as they have the 'hurry up and get it done' attitude when its pretty much impossible to move forward in some situations.
Pros
Nice hours, great pay
Cons
management
sorter
Sorter/Loader (Former Employee) –  Tamworth27 September 2017
as a sorter my job was to sift through the many thousands of boxes coming into the tamworth hub of ups and splitting them into their postcode areas being shipped all over the world.
McDonalds are hiring
Loader (Former Employee) –  West Sussex25 September 2017
Health and safety? They would need to look up all 3 of those words. Management? I didn't see anything remotely resembling any. How can such a globally recognised company operate on such a low level of professionalism?
Pros
Going home in one piece
Cons
Working there
Great place to work if you can work under a lot of pressure
Multi-drop Courier (Former Employee) –  Swansea22 September 2017
So enjoyed working here every day was a challenge experience had a set round for 2 years delivering all around the gower peninsular it was a pleasure To go too work every day 😊
Pros
Well looked after free bacon rolls once a week
Cons
Long hours xmas time
Great job for the right person
On Car Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff12 September 2017
UPS gives you opportunities to progress professionally if you are willing to relocate. there are many roles within the company so generally something to suit everyone.
fun and fast work place.
Unemployed and looking for work (Former Employee) –  london25 August 2017
job was fun fast and great while making friends.

my job role at ups was to split packages as they come down the conveyor belt after a month of being there i was able to go through Christmas time with no help and splitting at amazing speed even though it was hard and made you sweat.

i learned about myself possible ways to do what i was told to do by management without just leaving my last task uncompleted.
Pros
no pros.
Cons
was the same thing everyday and got boring after some time.
Organising staff Team lead (Former Employee) –  Swansea, Swansea23 August 2017
Really good place to work. Good people and a fast paced place to work. Ups looked after they're staff well. I enjoyed my time there and wish i never left there to work somewhere else.
Pros
sometimes free breakfast
Cons
sometimes long hours
Stay clear
Multi Drop Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Team Valley Gateshead19 August 2017
Not good at all not one person was happy everybody angry. Poor pay it's salary but day's are 12 hour shift's so min wage tops, if you finish early you have to hang around till 5 so 7:30-5 minimum. Expect 48-60 hour working week with a sat on call shift every one in four.
Pros
Cons
Low morale, over worked under payed, long hours, need to be cleaned shaven no facial hair.
Chaos
Package Car Driver (Current Employee) –  Abingdon, Oxfordshire14 August 2017
No comment suppose to have a maximum amount off work very often you get given more than your maximum being told your get help later sometimes help doesn't come and your left to struggle
Pros
Good money
Cons
Very often 12 hours days
Nice place
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London11 August 2017
I only worked there for three months, but the use of time did not allow me to stay there for a long time. There is also the lack of good management that I did not appreciate. Health and safety principles were not respected.
Pros
New friends
Cons
Lack of good management
Do Job Get Paid
Pre-loader Sorter (Former Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire7 August 2017
I was working as a preloader sorter, it was good just go there get the job done and leave. Early morning work I was doing. Once you finished what was needed for the day you get to leave early and great if you have a second job you can do for rest of the day for extra money.
Pros
Good pay for the job your doing
Cons
early mornings