Travis Perkins plc Employee Reviews

excellent
Contract manager / project coordinator (Former Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire and warminster14 February 2018
extremely good company to work for.
staff are well looked after by this professional company.
i would recommend working for this company in any role and any of its associated businesses.
Pros
staff treated with respect
Time for a change
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Rushden, Northamptonshire21 January 2018
Working in a small team is made all the more difficult by the individuals who refuse to work hard for the company. Sometimes the day is badly scheduled and i'll be delivering to the same areas with only small loads. Is must be affecting business negatively.
Pros
Really close to home and huge respect for management.
Cons
Poor teamwork ethic form colleagues.
Poor place of work
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Oxfordshire15 January 2018
Required to work additional hours regularly, no support, continuously understaffed. I had to bring work home almost everyday. No support from management, overall worst job I've had.
good workplace
HGV Driver (Former Employee) –  Clapham12 January 2018
load lorry for deliveries work in yard if required go out and deliver goods for customers.you learn a lot about the building trade and very friendly people.
Pros
good workplace
Cons
heavy work
Fast Paced
SALES (Former Employee) –  Aylesford, Kent9 January 2018
Good company overall but no progression within the time was their. Fast paced environment due to lack of staff, daily basis interacting with customer and building relationships for more business. most enjoyable part was attending training for new products and interacting with customers.
Pros
self delvopment
Cons
No progression
fun place to work
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Tilbury1 January 2018
sometimes gets very busy and you are rushed of your feet for the whole shift other days are very slow and long you have to work in and outside in all weather conditions.
Massively expanding business
on job training
good culture
decent perks
productive/pleasing customers
Sales Assistant/Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Newbury, Berkshire3 December 2017
serving customers as soon as you walk in the door
a delivery may come in put stock away pricing has to be done as
well you do get good rapport with the customers
Pros
lunch break/building relations with colleagues
Cons
stocktaking/no overtime
Great culture
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire30 November 2017
Working with Travis Perkins, helped me to advance my communication skills to the next level, while also allowing me to develop skills in areas I never thought I would be interested in.
Very clean and productive
Lollop driver (Former Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire20 November 2017
Travis Perkins is a great company to work for everyone is friendly and the Whitehouse floor is immaculate, very nice place to work in. I would recommend this company to anyone.
Poor
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire16 November 2017
The job has its perks and disadvantages. My experience at lutterworth branch was the manager was poor, had favourite customers who he undercut prices which we’re below floor(lowest price). Team was great other than him, assistant manager is quality and the yard lads and driver all extremely clued up about there field. Customers are mainly good with a few ignorant and rude, which you would spot a mile away.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Manager
ex hgv 2 driver
hgv 2 (Former Employee) –  Essex14 November 2017
during my 3 years at one branch it was clear that your not valued . . . .nearly always rushing to get drops done that office staff had promised even though your back was already against the wall most days. the pay did not justify the stress! nothing but hassle and glad it's over but the yard staff were sound.

what I really found strange was that every staff members was on different pay deals. . . . .all depended on how well you got on with the manager! WRONG!
Pros
an hour for lunch
Cons
over booking and stress
Fun enjoyable
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Northampton14 November 2017
.......nothing good to say at all. Hated the plqce. Hated the work and the workers and hated management. Would never recomwnd anyone working there ever
Pros
Hours
Cons
Pay
Been here nearly 10 years not the greatest place to work
Driver (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester24 October 2017
Poor company only interested in developing people from uni/college not people who actually know about the industry not very supportive either ..........
Ok company to work for
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London22 October 2017
Ok company to work for, worked there for eleven years and i did enjoy it there. Just needed a new challenge in my career so I left. Overall I did enjoy it.
Productive but wasn’t a good workplace
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire17 October 2017
I liked the facilities and the work conditions the training was good but the yard outside was poorly organised. I liked the canteen and the food they supplied
Pros
Good food facilities good break times
Cons
Heavy lifting and long hours
Assistant hire manager
Altrincham Hire controller (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester16 October 2017
I was basically the assistant manager of a two-man team haha!

I would have the same duties as the manager just less power. I would serve on the counter and take telephone hires.
Pros
Close to home.
Cons
Poor wage
shocking management
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Warrington16 October 2017
This workplace was managed poorly and staff get treated shockingly from being spoken to like garbage to being discriminated due to capabilities. People would get told to speed up considering they have only just started the job, this would cause the employee to be very nervous which is a potential hazard and if he/she did not speed up they would have a disciplinary . Staff that are close to management socially always get the assistance when required but when other people require assistance they are left to figure it out for themselves.. This job has been the worst job management wise I have ever worked in. I used to love the job.
Cons
management and PPE machine always empty
A market leading company, whose drive to deliver sustained excellence of customer service is central to business life.
Supply Chain Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire10 September 2017
Generally a good, fun company in which to work. Customer experience and service delivery matters above all. Colleagues are encouraged to contribute fully and ideas are welcomed generally.
Pros
Good salary and package.
Cons
High output expectations
ok
Customer service, FLT operator (Former Employee) –  Stratford-upon-Avon4 September 2017
It was a good place to work tarnished by management, the pay was good hours OK and I did enjoy being a forklift truck operator. Overall would have been a good job with different management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Travis Perkins plc. Our community is ready to answer.