Travis Perkins plc Employee Reviews

Poor
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire16 November 2017
The job has its perks and disadvantages. My experience at lutterworth branch was the manager was poor, had favourite customers who he undercut prices which we’re below floor(lowest price). Team was great other than him, assistant manager is quality and the yard lads and driver all extremely clued up about there field. Customers are mainly good with a few ignorant and rude, which you would spot a mile away.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Manager
ex hgv 2 driver
hgv 2 (Former Employee) –  Essex14 November 2017
during my 3 years at one branch it was clear that your not valued . . . .nearly always rushing to get drops done that office staff had promised even though your back was already against the wall most days. the pay did not justify the stress! nothing but hassle and glad it's over but the yard staff were sound.

what I really found strange was that every staff members was on different pay deals. . . . .all depended on how well you got on with the manager! WRONG!
Pros
an hour for lunch
Cons
over booking and stress
Fun enjoyable
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Northampton14 November 2017
.......nothing good to say at all. Hated the plqce. Hated the work and the workers and hated management. Would never recomwnd anyone working there ever
Pros
Hours
Cons
Pay
Been here nearly 10 years not the greatest place to work
Driver (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester24 October 2017
Poor company only interested in developing people from uni/college not people who actually know about the industry not very supportive either ..........
Cons
Productive but wasn’t a good workplace
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire17 October 2017
I liked the facilities and the work conditions the training was good but the yard outside was poorly organised. I liked the canteen and the food they supplied
Pros
Good food facilities good break times
Cons
Heavy lifting and long hours
Assistant hire manager
Altrincham Hire controller (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester16 October 2017
I was basically the assistant manager of a two-man team haha!

I would have the same duties as the manager just less power. I would serve on the counter and take telephone hires.
Pros
Close to home.
Cons
Poor wage
shocking management
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Warrington16 October 2017
This workplace was managed poorly and staff get treated shockingly from being spoken to like garbage to being discriminated due to capabilities. People would get told to speed up considering they have only just started the job, this would cause the employee to be very nervous which is a potential hazard and if he/she did not speed up they would have a disciplinary . Staff that are close to management socially always get the assistance when required but when other people require assistance they are left to figure it out for themselves.. This job has been the worst job management wise I have ever worked in. I used to love the job.
Cons
management and PPE machine always empty
A market leading company, whose drive to deliver sustained excellence of customer service is central to business life.
Supply Chain Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire10 September 2017
Generally a good, fun company in which to work. Customer experience and service delivery matters above all. Colleagues are encouraged to contribute fully and ideas are welcomed generally.
Pros
Good salary and package.
Cons
High output expectations
ok
Customer service, FLT operator (Former Employee) –  Stratford-upon-Avon4 September 2017
It was a good place to work tarnished by management, the pay was good hours OK and I did enjoy being a forklift truck operator. Overall would have been a good job with different management
Fantastic co-workers,lovely customers,unhelpful management.
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Doncaster, South Yorkshire29 August 2017
I really enjoyed working with most of the colleagues within Wickes and built strong relationships with lots of customers.
However,some members of the management structure would make promises they would not keep,ask for staff input then ignore it,disregard staff concerns if it didn't benefit them in some way or seemed difficult to implement,seemed more interested in their own self importance than helping members of the team.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Self important members of management
Different jobs weekly.
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Wilmslow29 August 2017
During my time here, it was never boring. We were always active, and it was always different jobs one after another. Their was always something lined up.

I got along with everyone, and never ever had any issues here.
Pros
Quick days
Cons
Tiring
Horrible Corrupt Place To Work.
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Gowerton Road, Brackmills, Northampton.27 August 2017
I worked for this Company for 5 years, and I can honestly say, it is the worst Company I have ever worked for. The Company is riddled with Corruption throughout. They make out they are big on Health & Safety, when they are not. Health & Safety only applies as and when it suits them. Training is non existent. Nobody knows how to do their jobs properly due to this, and Payment nearly every month was wrong.
If you want to work for a bunch of incompetent, corrupt, clowns, then get a job with this Company.
But don't say I didn't warn you .....
Pros
None.
Cons
Far too many to list.
fantastic place to work
Yard Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands23 August 2017
great place to work
get to meet good people and have a great laugh
very good prospects to move up within the company is you show willing and put in the effort
Pros
very good prospect and benefits
Cons
44 hour week contract
Bad work practice
Driver (Former Employee) –  Poole, Dorset22 August 2017
bad saftey practice do not work for this company if you want to stay alive , training says one thing then once on the job its all thrown out of the window
understaffed
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Darwen, Lancashire17 August 2017
A company which offers plenty of choices in terms of development and career choices however the branches are tasked on return on capital and minimum resources are given while premium returns are expected.
Pros
Benefits and job security
Cons
Understaffed, long days
very productive
yard supervisor (Former Employee) –  Nottinghamshire8 August 2017
a very busy company to work for always very busy as a builders merchant learned lots of new things within the company
the work was sometimes very heavy and very manual butt really enjoyed it
Pros
free tea and coffee
Cons
depends which branch you go to travelling
order picker
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire6 August 2017
no management breathing down your back up to date machinery clean enviroment laid back work good wages good holiday entitlement given ppe management are polite
Enjoyable working environment - very poor rewards for huge expectations.
Customer Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Monmouth, Monmouthshire4 August 2017
Very enjoyable environment - good customers
Very poorly managed - always at meetings, anywhere but in the branch resulting in extra workload and pressure on those left
Under staffed, under trained and under paid
Huge demands on staff to perform, sell more with very little guidance, encouragement or motivation.

Best part is meeting the customers, a little chat and banter

Worst part is putting up with the ever increasing demands on sales

Expected to perform own role and that of three others on a regular basis with no thanks
Pros
staff discount
Cons
un-realistic work load for very little reward
A learning process
Yard Assistant (Current Employee) –  King's Cross St. Pancras Station27 July 2017
This job is a really great place to work but as I get older I feel its time to better my self and my career. The taught me a lot also experience I will need in the future, I want to be earning more so I'm looking for something better which pays more.
Cons
weather conditions
overall poor
Counter Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, Lincolnshire6 July 2017
From a current employee's (not for much longer) point of view, avoid this place. Staff are bottom of the priority list when it comes to salary whilst the company makes a absolute fortune. Fantastic if your a manager or higher though!
Pros
good friends
Cons
dishonest authority, pay is unjustifiable

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Travis Perkins plc. Our community is ready to answer.