Travelodge UK Employee Reviews

fun workplace
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Knutsford20 January 2018
hated working alone on reception at nights. i worked split shifts to fit around my family and was very tiring, staff discount was 50% off rooms which was fabulous and friends and family discounts with rooms at 14.99.
cleaning rooms was hard work but stress free.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
lone working
Avoid
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Scotland16 January 2018
Slave labour and full off injured housekeepers!. Bullied and spoken to like you are dirt. Nowhere to turn when you are treated like this. Place works on favourites. Avoid, avoid, avoid!
Pros
A job for the desperate
Cons
RSI workplace injuries, worked til you drop, treated like dirt
Clean and friendly hotel
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Preston, Lancashire14 January 2018
Very good to work for nice staff friendly. Clean building and kitchen long hours some weeks but worth the wages. Clean room i woukd stop there my self.
Pros
Free breakfast if all customers have eaten
Cons
Long days
Receptionist
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands11 January 2018
Worst company I have ever worked for!
No respect for their staff members who bent over backwards, management locked away in their office all day, promise of progression but not push in the right direction, training beyond poor by management and then YOUR the one to blame, forced to pressure guests into giving name mentions on staff members for better ‘scoring’, very hypocritical say one thing and do another!.... very unprofessional, very disappointed with my time with travelodge AVOID at all costs!!!!
Pros
Wages were decent.
Cons
Poor management, horrid place to work!
Travelodge
Regional Trainer (Former Employee) –  Thame, Oxfordshire9 January 2018
Travelodge are very short term in investment.
Their systems are not fit for purpose.
No development.
Poor communications to staff.
Lack of Training for Hotel staff.
There is very little policy and stucture.
Pros
Close to where I live
Cons
Long Hours, No development, Poor systems
I always got made to feel useless
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Ashford8 January 2018
At travel lodge the first couple of weeks were great the person who I did my training with was great and really friendly when I started cleaning on my own however things got really unpleasant I tried my best to clean to there standards but I couldn't manage it in the little amount of time they gave you and when you went over there time limit they laid into you and told you, you were taking the receptionists hours which I didn't understand. And when you tried keeping to time limits but skipping a couple of steps they sent you back or had a massive go at you the next day. On top of that the trolleys were never filled with the stuff you needed, there was hardly ever any tea cups or plastic cups on them and when you had to go around looking for some you were wasting more time. The manager was nice at first but turned really unfair picking out things that I did wrong all the time he even said 'I gave you this job to help you' as he knew I had ASD and it made me feel as though he gave me the position because he felt sorry for me which was really upsetting. They blamed the housekeepers for everything they tried making out the reason they gave a man a key of a room that was occupied was our fault when it was clearly their poor management. Long story short this isn't a pleasant place to work you'll get paid decently but unless youre fast and perfect at cleaning you'll get made to feel worthless there.
Pros
Wages
Cons
The manager, the long lists, their expectations, how they treat you and their poor organisation skills
11 January 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience. I'm sorry to hear about the way you felt and understand how important your manager is to how you feel at work. We'll always set targets and expectations on how long it should take to complete any work tasks, but if any of our colleagues have any concerns or questions, we always encourage them to speak to their line manager. They'll then work with you to provide any extra support that's needed. If you don't feel you can speak to your line manager you can always speak to your District Manager or the People team.

Productive workplace
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Stratford-upon-Avon4 January 2018
I did this job 7 years ago so I don't remember everything about the role.
Day to day I would work mainly on reception, I would check the rooms to make sure they were ok for customers to check into, I would check customers in, I would work on the bar and I would also help with housekeeping occasionally when needed.
The worst part about the job was it was in-sociable hours and the best part was the team of people I worked with.
Pros
Gaining experience from the hospitatily sectre
Cons
Long, un-sociable hours
Fun Place To /Work
Supervisor/Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands27 December 2017
a great place to work where the is loads of progression and loads of extra shifts to pick up if needed the management are easy going but if targets are not met then its sticky
Pros
Relxation
Excellent progression prospects
Receptionist and Bar Person (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton12 December 2017
I loved working for Travelodge; it is a large, well known brand with job security and an excellent Management Development Program. It is definitely a brand that you can trust.
15 December 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and share your experience.

Very amusing workplace.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Lostock Gralam, Cheshire11 December 2017
A normal day working at Travelodge would be doing a lot of difficult and tiring jobs. The hardest part of the job was making the beds and the most enjoyable part of the job was that all the staff could gather together at a certain time and have a little chat.
Pros
The mouth-watering hot drinks.
Cons
A little amount of food breaks.
Monster Boss
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Southampton9 December 2017
It might be just at the Travelodge I worked at, but the management is dreadful.. you don’t get your contracted breaks and the manager resembles a dictator. Not at all good for morale.
Pros
People on your level become great friends
Cons
Terrible work morale
Fun workplace
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Bishops Stortford, Hertfordshire7 December 2017
My typical day of work consists of working in a pair to clean rooms thoroughly, and through this I have learned that team work and helping others is the biggest step in becoming a better person. However, the biggest lesson of them all, is that you get what you give. If you help others, most likely they help you back but if you are selfish and don't help others, they will not help you. Its fair. Travelodge are fair and very lovely, you can never tell when somebody is having a bad day at work. The hardest part of the job has got to be the fear of a guest one day being unsatisfied with a room you've cleaned, but the best part of it all, is being told that its the best Travelodge room they've stayed in!
Pros
Well managed
Cons
Long lists of rooms
15 December 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Team work is hugely important and helps us make Travelodge a great place to work.

Absolutely terrible
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London5 December 2017
I was given no training to do the job. All the staff spoke little or no English. I was mistreated and undervalued. It's the worst job i have ever done. I thought that slavery days were over but slavery still exists at Travelodge.
Pros
Leaving at the end of the shift
Cons
Staff, no training etc
15 December 2017

Thank you for your review. I’m sorry to read your comments. We’d like to discuss this further so please contact our People Team on 03300412277.

Awful company stay away from job offers
Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London1 December 2017
No back up from the company when things start to go wrong everyone including management is only looking out for themselves.

No training given to staff on the ground.

Only staff who get trained are house cleaners.

The most enjoyable part of the day is going home but only if they leave you alone and don't keep ringing the phone or emailing.

Every staff member I've meet has said they are on the look out for a new job.

They will take and take and take till you break or leave.

Would not invite anyone to work for this company.
Pros
free uniform
Cons
money is awful
Enjoyable Job
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Leicdster29 November 2017
The days working in a hotel are very varied as the role is heavily influenced my the customers needs, and the purpose of their stay at the hotel. The core duties remain the same as the role requires you to check in the guests take food drink orders, provide local information to tourists. In addition at the beginning and the end each shift you produce final reports and cash up providing information to the management team.
The role is social as most of the customers you deal with are away on business therefore are happy to talk and take your guidance when recommending places of interest. That for me is the best part of the job, and getting the feedback from the customer if they have chosen to take your suggestion on board.
Pros
Free Car Parking, Reduced ratess when booking rooms, discount on food and drinks.
Cons
Working very unsocial hours, and lack of work life balance. Lack of progression opportunties.
15 December 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Giving our customers a great stay is really important to us and it sounds like customer service and interaction is really important to you too. Have you thought about progressing your career further with the Aspire Traveller programme. Ask you Hotel Manager, the People Team or take a look at the careers site to learn more about it. This programme helps develop your management skills.

Worst company to work for
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Chester, Cheshire29 November 2017
Housekeeping supervisor was lovely great team work low paid job they push you until breaking point absolute joke of a company to work for management and higher management do nothing either to help as long as their rooms get cleaned . Not their for staff !!!!! Just pushed for 100% right first time JOKE one team clean how when short staffed or staff off on the sick
Pros
Cons
Always pushing to work harder
The friends i made....
Housekeeping Team Member (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom27 November 2017
Other staff in housekeeping were lovely. We used to have a good laugh.
You need a good sense of humour to work here as the work is heavy and tiring and its low pay.
Management need to seriously stop treating housekeeping staff like second class citizens though . If it wasn't for the housekeepers youd have no hotel.You'd do well to remember this.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Too much silly gossiping going on at times.
Alguma staff e facil de trabalhar
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  BRISTOL27 November 2017
Esperava mais desta companhia.
A manager nao esta qualificada para a posicao que tem, nao sabe falar com a staff, nem liderar uma equipa.
È rude e grita com maior parte da staff do hotel, muda a folga da equipa sem perguntar primeiro e mesmo que digas que ja tinhas planos ela nao quer saber.
Alem de nao te dar as ferias quando elas sao um direito teu.
Pros
Ter descontos na rede
Cons
Falta de organizacao, muita organizacao. A manager e super rude e nao sabe lidar uma equipa, nao devia estar qualificada para esta posicao.
room for improvement
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lincolnshire22 November 2017
Checking in and out of hotel guests. Room preparation. Reception duties. Telephone enquires. Reconciling daily accounts. Receiving deliveries from laundry services.
Pros
guest interactions
Cons
heavy work
Unrewarding and slave labour.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Eastleigh, Hampshire19 November 2017
I enjoyed the working on my own element, Its a very physical job I was doing roughly 16 king size beds a day as well as cleaning and replenishing the rooms. After my rooms were finished I was made to help the slower staff (unpaid) finish their rooms.
Pros
discount on rooms.
Cons
Tiring, always criticized, never praised.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Travelodge UK. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7