Travelodge UK Employee Reviews

Not nice company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Sunbury, Surrey17 November 2017
They don't look after there staff as they don't offer anything to staff except 50% off room and food distract managers are useless they are not there to help
Travelodge as a company is a poor place to work
Maintenance Engineer (Current Employee) –  Glasgow12 November 2017
Worked for a number of years doing a great job
Salary unfair as all different pay rates for the same job.
Which leads to bad feelings between other employees. Rates of pay down south a lot higher than in the North for doing the same job only better. Health and safety in the job is non existent as getting un qualified people doing jobs their not remotely qualified for eg Electrical work some of the people I saw were nothing short of glorified Labourers.
No wonder the hotels are so bad looking.
Premier Inn is a far better hotel and better all round experience
Pros
Going home when your shift ends
Cons
Clueless Management and back stabbing environment
productive
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Thame8 November 2017
everyday was different with different targets to achieve a day

most days would be good, i learnt how to help advise different customers with what happened during their stay at the hotel .

not all management team were helpful as i would be advised different each time

the hardest part of the job was if you did not hit your target you would be watched by management team and spoken to.

enjoyable part of the job was working with different people with different back ground and trying to advise customers
Pros
own desk
terrible company
Receptionist/Bar Café Team Member (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester6 November 2017
if your looking just short term then its ideal but not for long term pay was constantly incorrect hours were hard constantly understaffed especially on busy days when hotel was full not a great deal of company benefits or incentives your just a number to them nothing more I should know I worked for them for 7yrs only reason I stuck it out so long was because I had bills to pay best thing that happened to me was when I left
Pros
50 percent off staff meals discounted rooms for you
Cons
under staffed, no management support, not much chance of advancement, lousy hours, not much chance of social life
Hard company to work for
ASSISTANT HOTEL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Cardiff5 November 2017
Changes have happened since I worked here. This was a hard job, expected to do tasks of others as well of management. Benefits were non-existent although I have heard that they have become better since.
Poor management! unpleasant workplace!
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire5 November 2017
Management is POOR! Unorganised, unprofessional, always expect others to do their work for them. A typical day at work was stressful as so many tasks weren't completed from other team members/managers so work load would be 20 times more than usual which was frustrating considering we would only get £7.50 an hour for all the work we would do and NEVER get any recognition for. The job itself was pleasant when it was organised and many team members were very polite and made the job much easier. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the 101 tasks with no manager support also not much training was given so expect to learn everything on your own! Also you apply for a role but expect to do 5 different roles in most of your shifts!!!!! Would not recommend!!
Pros
Discount on rooms all over uk!
Cons
not enough pay, unorganised, unprofessional, no recognition.
good workplace
Housekeeping Assistant (Current Employee) –  London30 October 2017
love my job what i do there , i work in housekeeping and the bar/cafe area throughout the week it is a very good job and i really enjoy working at travelogue .
Pros
discounts
Cons
different hours
Excellent place to work.
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Wiltshire27 October 2017
I have only good things to say about Travelodge due to their flexibility to an individual work role, holding a firm but fair attitude towards all their workers. Room for promotion if aspiring, offering a number of NVQ courses etc.
Pros
Flexibility, Employee discounts
Cons
Long shifts
2 November 2017

Thank you for leaving a review. At Travelodge we're passionate about supporting and developing our people so it's great to share this with others.

Good
Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Thame, Oxfordshire25 October 2017
Good company to work for. Responsible for overseeing 40-50 contractors for over 400 Travelodge hotels in the UK in order to maintain a good level of offline rooms within the company ensuring revenue risk is low.
Stressful
Night Receptionist (Current Employee) –  London22 October 2017
Travelodge expect you to be available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week; constantly swapping your shifts with others. I struggle with this because I like to know which days I'm working and which days I'm not, with any other job i don't believe this problem would happen - Its hard booking, events/holidays with this kind of system. Other then rota, the job it self isn't too bad.
Pros
Discounts on rooms and food after three months.
Cons
Don't get paid for lunch therefore best not to take it.
Very Good
Guest Room Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Leatherhead, Surrey21 October 2017
Cleaned room, worked in groups, learned to work to a high standard with rooms being checked by a supervisor, Hard to work long hours, enjoyed team work.
2 November 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience. It's great to hear you get on so well with your team.

Fun
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Middlesbrough19 October 2017
I loved working here it was great the staff where brilliant the customers where lovely the atmosphere was brilliant. I really enjoyed working with the team
Pros
Free coffie
Cons
Tiring
I like it but definitely could be better
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Norfolk13 October 2017
I've work for traveloge for two years now and we are constantly have people coming and going witch is a pain, we work every weekend, our days off are spread out so doesn't even feel like you get a day off. Always getting moaned at from the manager, rude and two faced staff, some of the other cleaners are okay. The pay could be good but not enough hours, it's a very hard job witch doesn't seem to get noticed by anyone who's higher than up.
Pros
50% of rooms and food
Cons
Not enough time to do rooms or hours
2 November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. You're manager should always support you and if you have any concerns about your rota, I would encourage you to speak with them. Being a housekeeper is hard work, and you play an important part in making sure our guests have a great stay. We're always looking for ways to recognise and reward our teams, like the gold lanyards and prize draw we recently launched.

productive and fun
Secretary (Work Experience) (Former Employee) –  London9 October 2017
A typical day at work includes meeting completely different people, which can have opposite personalities. I learn new skills everyday as every person you come across is different. Therefore you learn how to deal with a range of different types of people.
Pros
breaks available
enjoyable work atmosphire
Assistant Housekeeper/Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Darlington, Durham7 October 2017
every cone would meet up for a coffe and a natter befor work we would collect our work sheets restock and get on with our rooms the managment were fair but strickt
Worst company.
Hotel Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Kensington, Greater London5 October 2017
in all honesty out of many jobs I have had in the past they were all genuinely garenteed and well managed. However this place was beyond rock bottom. Rooms were never cleaned when guests checked in. The door keys never worked. Being a receptionist on top of doing bar work when staff didn't show up was chaotic. Hardly any food was delievered and the manager didn't care and mainly left the receptionists to do her work. There was only a few I got on well with. Hope the place gets knocked down as it is a shamble.
Pros
No pros.
Cons
Pay. Bad management.
very enjoyable and busy place to work
Front of House Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Halesowen, West Midlands4 October 2017
i enjoyed working here, i just had family issues at the time which forced me to leave my position, i would of liked to add to my hours and experience as i enjoyed customer service mixing with the public and my duties which kept me very busy.
Pros
discounts on hotel stays nationwide
Cons
lone working
The hotel and staff it's self are great
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Southend, Essex3 October 2017
The manger and hotel are great, they can be very flexible, the staff are a lovely bunch to work with, just not enough hours, it's a clean and friendly environment always happy to help nothing is to much trouble for the staff there.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Not enough hours
Fun place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Hickstead, West Sussex28 September 2017
Great place to work can be a bit stressful when we have lots to do great people to work with but easy when we finish early don't have to come in to early
Pros
Great team
Cons
Short hours
Productive workplace
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Cringelford26 September 2017
Very good staff and working environment the pay is dry good and the extra benefits offered are very good and have good discounts for me and my family members
Pros
Pay
Cons
Weekend work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Travelodge UK. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8