Thomas Cook Employee Reviews

Travel Agent
Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire10 November 2017
Phone-based selling, great and fun environment, supporting colleagues and management. Rewarding incentives and achievable targets. Most enjoyable part is the culture.
Hard sale employees treated poorly
BRANCH MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Sussex7 November 2017
Hard sale if your an assistant manager your cluster manager forces you to cold call people in Boxing Day no work life balance possibly the worse company I have ever worked at
Pros
Able to progress
Cons
Poor employee care
Great work life balance
Internal Auditor (Former Employee) –  Manchester6 November 2017
Friendly staff and good work life balance

Discount were available to staff from some of the shops at Manchester airport back in 2004

Free parking for staff
productive, happy , rewarding
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  selby3 November 2017
Typical day included admin, booking holidays, working the foreign exchange booth.
I gained much experience of the travel industry here and thoroughly enjoyed my time with the company
Pros
uniform. travel perks
Cons
none really
So sun!!
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hexham1 November 2017
Loved my job at Thomas Cook. Great company to work for and lots of friendly people who became like family! The Management was very structure and very relaxed, felt very valued as an employee.
Pros
Fun!
Cons
Low Wage
Great place to see the world
Retail Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Livingston, West Lothian27 October 2017
Great place to meet life long friends,see the world. Good place to work up the career ladder, starting as an apprentice all the way up the ladder. Good working environment
Pros
Good educatianals
Cons
Peoples expectations
Fun anf hard work
Kids Rep (Former Employee) –  Turkey26 October 2017
Loved working overseas
Long hours of work 9am-10pm
Fun job on daily bases
Loved meeting new holiday makers
Become more independent
Enjoyed sales
Enjoyed planning new activities
Thomas Cook
Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire25 October 2017
Not bad at all. If the money wasnt so low, I may never have left. Good fun to work for, they look after staff, and the managers were a decent group. They at least seemed to understand that staff are people, and not numbers.
Fun, Producitve, Friendly
Overseas Representative (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London23 October 2017
Long working hours but includes a fun environment,

Learnt a lot about dealing with complaints and speaking to large number of groups.

Good management and training for the role.

Weather and long hours could be difficult

The people and guest were the best part of the job
Pros
Lifestyle, Fun, Friendly
Cons
Long Hours, Weather, Living Away.
Positive
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Colchester, Essex20 October 2017
Positive people very vibrant people well all got along well mainly a female inviroment. Kind ladies treated me like family had great times good work ethic
Pros
Loads
Cons
Not much ch to keep you occupied
Informative
APPRENTICE (Former Employee) –  Taunton15 October 2017
I only spent a short time with Thomas Cook, whilst I was employed by them I spent time developing customer service skills through the apprentice programme.
Happy place
Cashier/Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London12 October 2017
Great place to work if you are friendly and outgoing , Secure job with average chance of advancement. Can get a bit repetitive but still enjoyable. Based Central London so bit expensive.
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Repetitive
Good idea's, not so good execution.
Work Request analyst (Current Employee) –  Cambridgeshire9 October 2017
When I started my current role it was outsourced to a third party, who did not look after it very well. I took it over and revamped the processes. It is now very lean and there is almost half the workload due to the speed at which work can now be completed. However now reaching this stage I have found myself with no more challenge and I also want to move location to be with someone. I feel that I have started to outgrow the role and there doesn't seem to be any scope to grow this position further, even though I now look after two others.
Pros
Freedom to bring in new processes, confidence from management
Cons
Working with other departments is difficult, business units only think about themselves.
good friendly workplace
Travel Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim9 October 2017
good atmospheric workplace
set targets
annual bonus if target achieved
tough targets
audits
hard customers
admin
foreign exchange
window deals
management can change a lot
good workplace but not enough money for the workload
Pros
holiday discount
Cons
hurricanes
The part of the company i worked for, does not exsist any more
Olympic Games Public Advisor (Former Employee) –  London4 October 2017
I worked for a part of Thomas Cook that was set up just for the Olympics 2012. I enjoyed the role and liked the management style. I did not go to any other part of the company
Motivational and fun
Leisure & Entertainment Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Overseas3 October 2017
Reviewing teams performance throughout activities and shows.
Motivating teams to go above and beyond for customers.
Management changes from destination however the support network which is based in the head office's around Europe is very strong.
Keeping staff members in the job role is difficult as some are young or don't understand what the job is.
delivering excellent customer service and making memories for people of all ages.
Pros
Car, apartment and food included
Cons
always on call, long hours, can become lonely
Good company
Cabin Crew (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow3 October 2017
Good company to work for with good pay. Everyday is different and training covers everything you need within the job. Management within company is also good everyone works as a team.
Fun company to work for
Cabin Crew (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow28 September 2017
company is great to work for and salary is good but job is only seasonal with little/no opportunity for permanent job. Travelling around the world as a job is a fun/unique work life
Pros
salary, colleagues
Cons
fixed term contract
Amazing place to meet new people every single day as well as travel.
Cabin Crew (Current Employee) –  Manchester Airport, Greater Manchester17 September 2017
Every day is different from the people you work with, the passengers you take and the destination you travel to.We would always begin the day with a brief and end the day with a debrief. Service will follow in a routine order or less we are traveling to a shorter flight destination.
I have learnt to interact with all different kinds of people, from old to young, from experienced to new, people with different cultures, beliefs and languages as well as people with fears or disabilities.
With all the travelling I am able to quickly turn my body clock around and work long hours.
The hardest part of this job is the lack of time you are able to spend at home with friends and family as well as keeping a healthy lifestyle.
The most enjoyable part of this job is visiting so many different countries. Seeing how others live and being able to experience it. The people you get to meet are fantastic and the wage is brilliant.
Pros
Salary, Travel, Meet new people every day.
Cons
Long hours, fatigue, lack of time at home
Very good
Assistant to Cabin Crew Manager (Former Employee) –  Manchester Airport16 September 2017
Friendly staff
Good Benefits for employees
Interesting Business
Multinational and works hard to maintain that relationship

Slow decision processes with HR sometimes
Some areas seem to lose touch with others leading to poor communication

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Thomas Cook. Our community is ready to answer.