The Original Factory Shop Employee Reviews

Mixed bag
Sales Adviser (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Dalry16 February 2018
Same as many shops distribute stock, serve customers & tidy.
The hardest part was Some level of management changed & they took away a lot of the employee benefits & work hours they also neglected to pay & process a resignation which lead to troubles later on in life. However it was not all levels of management & the rest of the staff were good to work with & we all helped eachother.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Poor people management
Good job
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dunbar24 January 2018
Great job, I enjoy retail so the reason for my move was to go onto Aldi, while I was at the factory shop I won awards in display work definitely a good environment x
Pros
Short hours
Cons
Lively, Exciting and full of lovely staff
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  March10 January 2018
This was full of amazing opportunities for me to fulfil. I learnt how to work a till, how to correctly stack shelves and how to speak to customers in the correct tone. The hardest part of the job was the amount of hours as i completed an 8 hour shift from 9-5 which meant I had to make sure i was ready in time. The best part of the job was meeting the staff and learning how to work all of the tills.
Pros
Nice staff
Productive and enjoyable
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sheerness22 December 2017
A typical day at work would be serving customers and sorting through stock that had come in from deliveries. My manager has quoted my levels of customer service being the best in the store, which I'm very thankful for. I learned a lot and my confidence has definitely developed while I was in employment there and the manager was very supportive and understanding so I couldn't have asked for a better manager.
The workplace culture and general feel of the workplace was amazing as it was understood we could have a laugh and a joke with one another as long as we were working.
The hardest part of the job was the deliveries as they were very large and our deliverance area was rather small so there was little room to work with, but the job got done regardless.
The most enjoyable part of the job would be the customers as I can only say I felt satisfaction when meeting the customers needs time and time again.
Pros
An excellent team and great support
Cons
Minimum pay, often dragged-out days
best placement
Work Experience Placement (Current Employee) –  Cleethorpes12 December 2017
everyone is warm, friendly and understanding , we all work together to get the job done. everyone Monday and Thursday we get a delivers so I spent them days getting the new stock out pricing and putting them out in the right place and dealing with customers.
Pros
learing on the job
Cons
only get one break for lunch
Not a brilliant company to work with
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bexhill26 November 2017
I was a sales assistant for the Original factory shop,
they didnt explain the roles and responsibilities correctly they where very vague , I was supposed to intervene on boosting sales but i didnt know how was not taught about it, And was not taught about how to analyze the profit and loss diagram , i was treated as a mere customer assitant , Not a sales assistant which was in charge of sales
I wasnt trained at all , and wasnt trained suitably for the role.
In the end i had to ask collegues what to do
The collegues where better then management
Pros
Cons
manager wasnt good, Short live contract, Inhuman deadlines, poor working conditions, Not Explained at all
Job with may benifits and ways to advance
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ross-on-Wye15 November 2017
As a young sales assistant i was still given large responsibilities in the job which gave me a much greater job satisfaction, it was a fun team based work environment and helps build greater costumer service which i found helpful in future jobs.
Poor management
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norwich26 October 2017
I worked in TOFS clearnce store in Norwich castle Mall, the management was very poor and weak, no principles at work, very lazy staff, hard till work. When they had promotions was very busy compared the amount of work the pay is very low. The manager has no any control over staff behaviour. All staff trying get away from till work when it was busy. And manager just put one pearson on the till, because none of the staff listened to the manager. Everything is mess and no organised or any principles. Don’t work for this place, very low pay compare too much work and had to deal with the worst customers because is cheap and we had very rude and nasty customers.
Cons
Low pay and poor management
Fun and bubbly
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Walsall21 October 2017
I like working for the factory shop everyone is so lovely and we all work well as a team.
I restock shelfs a d deal with customers and money.
I work five days a week but on shift work so not long hours at all
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
Not long enuff hours
Fun workplace
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London5 October 2017
Fun workplace. Not much room for progression. Poor wages. Overall a fun place to work temporarily and if the individual enjoys customer interaction..
decent
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carleton5 October 2017
I did work experience for this company for about two weeks. I learnt a lot while working here and it helped me gain confidence while working in a big workplace. We didn't always get a lot of customers but when we did it was always busy. Some customers, when trying out items, didn't always put them back after looking or trying them on. Most of the staff were really friendly, most of the time the job wasn't hard. The only annoying thing was at the end of the day, they made me hoover the whole shop floor. All together I think this was really decent work experience, give or take a few cons.
Pros
decent breaks during the day
Cons
on your feet all day, dont always get help
ok
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dungannon, County Tyrone4 October 2017
sales,till work, daily house hold duties..helping customers and sorting stock. delivery's and putting all the new stock out.restocking shelves.. preparing for Christmas
fun and good team spirit
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brecon27 September 2017
Management was really good and giving everyone a chance at all jobs and they got stuck in themselves. They acknowledged good and hard work and it was a very enjoyable place to work.
Did not enjoy
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dingwall21 September 2017
Honestly as a first job it gave me insight into the working world but the store was a mess. The managers didn't care or exactly know what was happening. Colleagues didn't have the "drive" to work, the stock was shocking most of the time and for £4 an hour for the jobs I had to do whilst working there it was not worth it. Head office too are horrendous and didn't pay me for my first two months of work but told me I was lying even with the proof they asked for.
Pros
First job
Cons
Bad pay
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kilkeel14 September 2017
The management at the Factory shop were very harsh on employees to the point that customers spoke about the poor treatment. The hours were long with no breaks.
Pros
Nice collegues
Cons
Rude Management
Fast Paced and Heavy workload
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Newhaven, East Sussex12 September 2017
Ensuring staff are following daily plan. Maintaining my department within the store. Dealt with stockroom and stock control. Completing weekly paperwork.
Pros
Staff Discount
Cons
Stressful
fun
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Midlands18 August 2017
it was very, very busy. i learned how to work the tills. i developed my communication skills. i can also handle money. management were sometimes rude to you. the hardest part was when you are on the till and there was no one to cover me on the till when there was a lot of people waiting to be served. i like to experience sticky situations.
Pros
big warehouse. big canteen
Cons
too busy at weekends
Productive & Fun Workplace!
Part Time Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Accrington15 August 2017
A typical day at work at TOFS starts with lot's of cleaning and tidying up! However the teams are a fantastic bunch of people all very friendly and a joy to work with! Though i was only there for 3 months i thoroughly enjoyed my experience there!
Pros
Flexible shifts
alright place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Immingham, Lincolnshire14 August 2017
nice employees ther and good management ,a bit messy and not very cleaned well ,some employees make other people do there work as they dont want to do it but others are really good kind people
Great place to be
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Harworth31 July 2017
Great company to work for, the atmosphere in the work place is brilliant I love working there.
I couldn't ask for a better place to wok, there is so much going for it, the staff, the customers, the banter with everyone that comes through the door and still remain professional. Where you just want to keep coming back.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Not enough hours