The Orders of St Johns Care Trust Employee Reviews

Very Badly Run
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Hykeham, Lincolnshire15 November 2017
Beckside North Hykeham has a very high turn over of staff to due to Bullying issues from staff members mangement are reclutent to help you out.
Left on your own , a lot to mange residents.
Residents quite often go without things due to the high turn over of staff.
If you want a life so not work here
Cons
No support staff in tears
Very hard work
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cheltenham23 September 2017
You start very early at 7:30 and it is quite difficult to be on time for people without their own transport. The most enjoyable part of the job is your break
Cons
paid meals, long hours
Not the best
Activities Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Gloucester, Gloucestershire2 August 2017
. Poor management. Under valued staff. Poor pay. Far too many managers. Very generalised by the company with minimal opportunity for each home to meet individual requirements of their residents.

. Decent amount of annual leave
Pros
Annual leave
Cons
To big a company
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxford, Oxfordshire6 July 2017
It's a challenging job to do , however very rewarding . The staff are great and management are easy to talk too and help you with any situation . It was by far the best job and can recommend this company from both employee and for clients
Pros
Free lunch/dinner. Great atmosphere
Cons
Long hours, can be draining
Forward thinking Care company where residents come first
Administrative Officer (Current Employee) –  Oxfordshire24 May 2017
I have worked in healthcare for a long time, and never come across a company so supportive of their employees and dedicated to the residents in their homes.

I feel confident working for OSJCT that they always do what is right and fair. Good management team with a good culture of openness. Senior exec team are very accessible.

They invest in their employees, there is a lot of training available as well as opportunity for career development. Employee's achievements are recognised and rewarded.
Pros
Good company culture
Very good place to work
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cheltenham, Gloucestershire27 February 2017
Not to much to said about the job is nice is funny good environment. The best of all is the teams yours colleges and the rest of the work emselve good experience.
A friendly home with good staff
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grantham, Lincolnshire16 February 2017
A nice place to work with a great atmosphere and generally staff have positive attitudes. Management could be a little more responsive to workers issues etc and a bit more supporting at busy times.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Not enough staff at times
Teamwork
Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Local8 February 2017
Favouritism.
If your face doesn't fit you'll soon learn
There is no team work and you will most defiantly see a divide from day staff to how the night staff are treated
First home I have worked in were kitchen staff overule day staff
Bullying and you'd be lucky if you even get chance to speak about your problems and when you do don't expect too much
Pros
Wages always on time
Cons
Favouritism
Salisbury Bl
Carer (Current Employee) –  Salisbury21 October 2016
I enjoy my work, team work is good as staff we get to have our day in the running as the two bosses listen to us, take an interest in us and try to support us. Given chance to develop in job. Staff work hard and care for who they look after. I like that we get to spend time with the residents & that the management don't frown if we are sat with the residents they smile and encourage it. Best place I've worked
Pros
Good communication management friendly good team activities outings fun family feel
Cons
Sometimes be nice to have more staff
Hard work with little appreciation
HCA (Current Employee) –  Cheltenham27 September 2016
Worked for this company since they took. Over from coverage care , not great place to work . No communication no help or support from nurses or management, things swept under the carpet . Carers do their best though always short staffed . Only con is the pay is better than a lot of care homes .
Stay as I love my residents .
Pros
Wages not bad for care work
Cons
Everything else !
I never give up!
Carer (Current Employee) –  Marlborough26 September 2016
Hard,Interesting and unpredictable!
To recover a resident.
End of life!A enigma.
No team workers.
No communication.
I learned and have pratical training about hosting equipments.
Pros
Caring from the residents
Cons
No communication
Nice Colleagues, it felt like a family.
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxford19 September 2016
I got on really well with the staff lovely hard working ladies,
I still in contact with them today and of course everywhere you go there is always going to be one person that has nothing else better to do rather than wasting time gossiping about other people but you need to be strong and remember that work is more important than wasting time getting upset about something that is worthless.

To be honest with you it depends on which home you are working for I did residential care; it definitely make you lose weight: long hours, under staff,rushing and super challenging situations.

I also worked in a extra care housing; I loved it, Because you do get better hours and feel welcome at the environment.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when you get the chance to talk to the residents and get to hear their lovely stories and have a laugh with them.

The downside is because I needed maximum 25hours a week and they only offered bank staff or full time 40hours plus.

I believe every Care Home have got its own issues, there is not such a thing as perfect care home!! you will need to work for many different companies to find out yourself.

In General I think the OSJCT its a good company they offer training opportunities which will help individuals progress on their career. Some of the management team simple don't listen to their staff about improvements, if you are a aggressive person they might listen to you, normally it tends to be from someone at the same level of pay if its a care leader,manager or similar them they're more likely to help.

I think is very important
  more... for the home to often have staff meetings also one to one for the people who are not so comfortable around others to express their feelings.

Every home with the OSJCT works differently from others...
I think they should increase their rate of pay for the staff, because most people who works for the OSJCT do a fantastic job but they struggle a lot with bills and can never have a holiday abroad.

This message is for the CEO you need to trust your staff, sometimes the person who is doing things wrong its someone higher up it could be someone from the management team, maybe invest some money on a decent camera, keep records about anything serious and ask someone who doesn't work with the company to have a look at the video so every one will be treated fairly.
Pros
No free breakfast, lunches or left overs allowed to staff.
Cons
Yes, it depends which home you're working for...
Just never gets better...
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Milton-under-Wychwood15 September 2016
If you want to work crazy hours and don`t see your family, this is an ideal place for you.
There is never enough care staff to cover the shifts. At least you get paid on time.
good training and a lovely atmostphere
Staff nurse (RMN) (Former Employee) –  Warminster19 August 2016
training was very good, both online and practically, management was fair and supportive, team work was also good, hardest part of the job was end of life care, and saying goodbye to the resident, enjoyable part of the job was seeing the residents happy, fulfilled and with a quality of life. Colleagues supported each other and we learned from one another. communication was good, a very good trust to work for!
Pros
paid breaks
Cons
finishing at 10pm!
because you care
Carer Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Banbury17 August 2016
one of the better paid care jobs i have come across, however still not a great earner if you are not prepared to work past full time hours. the company as a whole started out great when i first started working there then there was too much restructuring and care levels dwindled and more and more pressure was put on staff. you do care work because you care, not for the money
Pros
very rewarding
Cons
long hours, low pay
N/A (Current Employee) –  Lincs29 May 2016
Interesting place to work, caring staff. Staff work hard . Courses to go on . Easy to park . Staff friendly. Varied jobs no two days the same.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Great companies to work for
housing and care manager (Former Employee) –  Wiltshire26 May 2016
I enjoy working with people, can be stressful, but I still enjoy my work, A great team,
undergone all training as a housing and care manager more knowledgeable regarding housing, voids,tenancy etc.
My AOM was very supportive both housing and the domiciliary care aspect.
Pros
meeting people
Cons
need to be on call
really good place to work
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gloucester, ENG14 January 2016
this is a really good place to work i completed loads of course the staff and residents are very friendly bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb
Varied role
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Trowbridge, ENG18 June 2014
I enjoyed working here as everyone was very caring and willing to help. I learned lots of my administration skills here.
Enjoyable place to work
Care Leader (Former Employee) –  Ludgershall, ENG18 June 2014
Oversee the day to day running of the unit, Administer meds and liaise with MDT teams. Care plan documentation.
Lead at team with good skill mix to deliver high quality care.
Manage staff rotas, Arrange care meetings. Offer support to the care teams.
Co-workers work together as a team and have good communication to deliver good quality care.
When there is lack of staff but the best care is still maintained.
Spending time with the residents and getting to know them individually and hearing the story's they have to tell, Also seeing service users gain there independence and stay in good health.
Pros
Free meals if working longer hours
Cons
Working past contracted hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Orders of St Johns Care Trust. Our community is ready to answer.

The Orders of St Johns Care Trust Reviews by Location