The Guinness Partnership Employee Reviews

ok
Homes To Let Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greater Manchester9 November 2017
not a bad place to work, working with contracts not great.
met some nice people, not the best environment, probably better in other places. learnt a lot
Housing (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London7 November 2017
Having worked for other housing associations, they have some way to go.

A lot of restructures happening and looking to move on due to lack of job security,
Awful
Senior Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cheltenham, Gloucestershire29 September 2017
I started with this company in 2014 and loved it. Changed management in 2017 and it has fell apart. No respect from the director, rude And ignorant. HR is poorly run, rude and aggressive towards staff if we have problems, Guinness will cover up lots of safe guarding issues, concerns from carers and family complaints.

You'll be lucky if they pay you correct or even at all.
Under paid by £2000+ company refused to pay
Pros
Nice clients
Cons
The company
Great Support
Housing Options Officer (Current Employee) –  Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire15 July 2017
Colleagues and Management are a great support- Lots of e-learning and courses to attend.

Probation period 6 months I have undertaken 3 Months- Job involves financial knowledge which I did not know about and do not have these skills
Pros
train fares paid to meetings
Cons
some parts of the job not known before I applied
Large Housing Association that felt too large geographically at the end!
Housing Manager (Former Employee) –  Manchester3 July 2017
I got into housing to make a difference within communities and to people's lives. Sadly, cutting back on local offices and constantly changing the set up of the business - left a hollow business - people just there to do the job with less and less feeling! Very much focused on London and the South. Flexible working had been taken away which caused moral and working attitude to shift towards 9-5 grunts - whereas before you got in early and stayed late depending on the work you had on. I learnt a lot about housing management and progressed somewhat but sadly, the most enjoyable parts of the job were stripped away.
Pros
People i worked with
Cons
Constant reviews!
Rewarding/ never boring/
Senior Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Forest of Dean, Gloucestershire2 June 2017
I am a senior carer have been in this role four five years started as a carer eight years ago I work with a brilliant care team they all pull together my team leader is brilliant and my care manager is fantastic we are the best in the forest and we all work as a team a really rewarding job so come and join the best .the best job I have ever done .never a boring day
Pros
Job satisfaction' rewarding meeting wonderfull people
Cons
Long hours can be emotionally draining
Great company to work for
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Forest of Dean, Gloucestershire2 June 2017
Fantastic company to work for with great benefits and management.
Very supportive managers who encourage progression within the company.
Training programme in house for any care need.
Pros
Supportive managers and Team's
Wonderful place to work
Complaints Advisor (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire23 May 2017
I enjoyed working at Guinness because of the management. They allowed me to finish my tasks and do the job to the best of my ability. They were always on hand to help me and were patient with my progress. I was given feedback on my work which allowed me to do better next time around.
Pros
Team players
good place to work
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, UK14 May 2017
very good place to work enables you to progress into you next career development. every day was not the same as you supported customers to ensure that
Bullying manager , no empathy towards mental health , high management including HR covered up .
ESO estate services (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire2 May 2017
Worked for GP for numerous years , in general made alot of friends , plenty of good people their unfortunately few bad eggs. Guinness clueless in managing mental health of its employees.Your then managed out by clueless managers using bullying and intimidation .
Pros
Promotion
Cons
Bullying, intimidation, protection of managers who balls up from higher management
Interesting job
Tenancy Enforcement Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gloucester18 April 2017
The job was interesting, but the organisation is too big to support it's employees satisfactorily. There was no accountability, and no management support for the middle managers. It was very chaotic in its principles and policies and actions did not follow it's statements.
"Don't go there!"
Estates Service Officer (Former Employee) –  London14 March 2017
Also, agree with all of the above comments it's great to see my feeling confirmed. They have no clear vision during my time there had 7 managers in 2 years sums it up it, poor middle management mates appointed to job not who is qualified for the job or at least shows aptitude for the job more interested in what other managers think than doing a great job and unwilling to praise when employees do well . Clueless HR inconsistent on their own policies don't stick to lack of empathy. Poor systems in place slow! slow! , no follow through poor communication among all departments incompetence or lack of taking pride in work really and truly not a great place to work or live according to tenants. So much more I could say
Pros
Good benefits, pay, hours
Cons
Bad atmosphere, starting from upstairs.
A Fantastic place to work
Complaints Investigator (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes, UK27 February 2017
I have loved the work that I have been involved with here. The company really care about their customers and staff alike. Everyone is hard working and really strive towards excellent customer service. It has been a pleasure to work for them and I hope I can continue to. A typical day at work for me includes dealing with customer, MP and Housing Ombudsman complaints. That may sound uninviting, but it was always challenging and rewarding as well.
Pros
Fantastic team spirit
Cons
Communication in a large organisation
Numbers matter more than the staff do.
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Oldham, Greater Manchester14 January 2017
I work here for 6 months and although the pay is very good, it doesn't compensate for the poor treatment from the management team. While on the phones I repeatedly said can you please bare with me while on calls, this was unforgivable and I was repeatedly pulled into meetings about this.
I have since become a successful office Manager and have learned massively from working at Guinness Northern Counties. That a negative output doesn't breed success, and that I will never and have never treated my staff in this way.
Pros
They have none.
Cons
Breeding negativity
Lovely Place, If you fit...
Income Officer (Current Employee) –  Oldham6 January 2017
I have worked for The Guinness Partnership for over 2 years. The only reason I am still here is because they pay so well compared to other businesses in the sector. The theme is the same, if you are not in with the right people it will be difficult to get ahead. Recently I have see people fired for things and whilst favourable staff havnt. I have seen people coached to achieve promotions when they are not very good at the job and people who have asked for development clearly held back, i have also seen senior management blatenly discriminate against staff from certain posts when applying for internal posts, management can be quite arragant in their deciscion making as well, if it is not working, it is not because of them its because of staff etc. If you are happy however to come in, work and go home, you will be happy, but if you want a career you need to come in and make friends with the right people quickly.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Really great place to work, great benefits, working hours and customer service orientated
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Oldham, Greater Manchester1 January 2017
Great place to work. The salaries are very competitive and the standard working hours are 35 hours per week. Holidays are great too, 25 days, plus and extra 4 at Christmas and bank holidays. Loads of other benefits as well including childcare vouchers and healthcare. The company is focused on providing excellent customer service to both internal and external customers. Employees have monthly 1-2-1's with managers, and good performance is recognised with yearly appraisals. I have a good working relationship with my manager and the head of department is approachable and listens to the teams. My department has great morale and eveyone in the building is really nice. People say hello and smile. I have been given the opportunity to study a professional qualification which work have paid for. I am often given opportunity to develop and be involved in projects. My job is interesting and I feel supported.
There have been restructures, and there are ongoing changes. This does cause concern for a lot of people, myself included. But changes need to be made and money needs to be saved because of changes in legislation that affect the housing sector. I'm sure most companies at some point have to make these difficult decisions. The management team are supporting us through these changes and are mindful of people's emotions at this time. If I am made redundant I will be very sad to leave, but grateful for the opportunities that Guinness have given me in the last few years.
Pros
Salary, working hours, benefits, annual leave, good morale, well structured policies and processes
Very Money Orintated
Admin/Accounts (Temp Assignment) (Former Employee) –  Oldham, Greater Manchester28 December 2016
Opening post and dispatching to departments, solving quiries

I did not learn very much as it was a Temp Assignment

Did not have any contact with Management

Co workers seemed austere

Was not long enough there to make an opinion as to the difficulties or enjoyment of the Job
Pros
Flexi Time
Cons
Boredom
Fun place to work, but managment does not value you
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Oldham30 November 2016
Really enjoyed working here, pay was really good. But management at the top did not value you.

Good training and line managers are really good. Will miss working here overall
excellent
Cleaner / gardener (Former Employee) –  Salford26 October 2016
well organised staff work well for deadlines good employees nice clean flats and houses and good reputation good dress code and tracked vans for employees location
Avoid these monsters
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bower house24 October 2016
I have worked in many places and never felt the way I did at Guinness. Management is a joke very clicky if you have a brain in your head or an opinion and want to voice it expect to get the boot!

They really don't care for staff at all and love not having a union so they can treat people as they wish.
Pros
Salary
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Guinness Partnership. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7