The Grove Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Productive And fun work place very friendly environment
Spa Attendant (Current Employee) –  Watford, Hertfordshire7 September 2017
I have been working here almost 1and half years. I'm really enjoying it really friendly environment staff and people. The staff benefit is really good and incredible. The have learn so much good things here . It is a wonderful place to work .
Pros
Free lunch, spa facilities free for staff, gym, 50% discount on food etc.
Cons
8hrs shift
great place to work
Bar Staff (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside4 August 2017
This was the first bar work i had, i learned to serve drinks, use the till, talk to customers, also taking deliveries, stockings fridges, staff were friendly management great, i also learned how to clean a pub
Pros
leart a lot
It is a beautiful place to work and benefits include a stay in the hotel.
Spa Therapist (Former Employee) –  Watford, Hertfordshire3 August 2017
Typically it is very booked up. There is a lot of massage to be done but they limit the number each therapist does generally. There is training and regular chances to update your skills.
The management at the top is strong and you work closely with the gym team who are in the same part of the building. The culture is one of customer service.
The turnaround time between clients is very tight and this can be challenging due to the length of the corridor because you need to move briskly yet quietly with in unhurried appearance!
There is a good rapport among the therapists which is enjoyable.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
The spa is underground which means you often don't see much light especially in the winter months.
Excellent
Waiter (Current Employee) –  Watford, Hertfordshire27 February 2017
Very high end, excellent quality and i have learnt a lot whilst being here, upselling is one of my key skills that helps me as well as building relationships with the guests
Pros
Free food in canteen, money off hotel and golf course
Cons
limited hours
Efficient and professional
Waiter (Current Employee) –  Watford, ENG29 September 2015
Whole hotel works together to deliver a five star experience to all guests. The staff are offered many opportunities to advance and are encouraged to complete training sessions.
Nice place to work
Commis Chef (Former Employee) –  London, ENG7 September 2015
I really enjoyed working with all my co workers they were cooperative and well mannered. Human Resources were treating everyone equally.
fun work place
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Huddersfield, ENG1 October 2013
Get in go into the store cupboard get the cleaning products out start cleaning the tables then hoover the floors. Then go in and clean the toilets and sinks. Then clean the bar along with the pumps and mopping the floor behind the bar, then put all the cleaning stuff away.I learnt how to clean a bar and toilets properly. The manager was very nice. I worked on my own. Their wasn't a hard part of the job. Making friend with the staff and manager.
Pros
learned how to clean the pub from top to bottom