The Bridge School Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
nice place to work
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Telford, Shropshire7 May 2017
very rewarding, lots of opportunity for professional development, lots of training, experienced staff, friendly atmosphere, good hours for family and children
Challenging but can be rewarding
ICT & Maths Teacher / coordinator (Current Employee) –  Runcorn11 September 2016
arrive at work at 8:15am
team meeting everyday at 8:30
classes start at 9
some days every lesson runs smoothly
some days no lesson runs well
management putting more focus on teaching and learning
staff all very nice and friendly
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
ofsted stress
productive and fun
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  class room26 June 2015
I really feel as though the work enviroment was very good, i enjoyed every minute of it. i would definately recommend it. the staff are very nice and made me feel at home.
Students are amazing!
Special needs Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  THE BRIDGE SCHOOL LONDON23 September 2014
I loved working there, learned a lot about intensive interaction, pecks, team teach ...
Most importantly I learned how to give the best !
I also learned how important is the team, thurst in that team!
Receptionist at the Bridge School
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  251 Hungerford Road, N7 9LD19 March 2014
Welcoming pupils, parents and visitors to the school and directing them to the right department. I had to keep the reception and front office clear and I had to make sure to maintain peace in my working area. I had to attend calls and to keep records of black & white correspondence including letters, couriers and other responsible for booking meeting rooms and auditoriums for high level functions. My duty was to communicate with pupils and parents regarding other official work through e-mails, internal mails and telephonic calls I had to register visitor entries and had to keep a record of incoming/ outgoing bulk mail has to take care of various administrative works in a school.

The hardest part of the job, was to make sure any autistic child did not leave the building unnoticed or that nobody entered the building without a good reason for being there.

The most enjoyable part of the job was, everything I did and being a part of a team.
Pros
Being in a working environment
Cons
Only working one day per week.
Eye opening experience.
Classroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Telford, ENG23 January 2014
At The Bridge School, I would assist the teachers with children with physical and educational special needs. I would have to help the children when they required my support, either with specific things or general tasks. I learnt a lot working at The Bridge School, and it was an eye-opening experience I loved working there and got along with al co-workers
Pros
regular breaks, seeing the children develop skills
challenging and active place to work
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Runcorn, ENG16 January 2014
This role involved working with vulnerable young people between the ages of 11 and 14. I delivered Literacy, Numeracy and Physical Education within small group settings. I also supported the young people one day per week when they are involved in out door activities which included challenging activities such as rock climbing and abseiling. The majority of the young people at this Pupil Referral Unit have learning and behavioural difficulties, and have had previously displayed aggressive outbursts; both physically and verbally. Therefore a main responsibility was to manage this behaviour using diffusion techniques.
The bridge school was an enjoyable work setting to be in.
Trainee Teaching assistant/ meals supervisor (Former Employee) –  North London23 January 2013
I worked well and hard within the bridge school it is a specialist school with pupils with different types of disability iloved to interact with the staff and pupils also i were a carer with a pupil from the school working after school hours and on saturdays.I encouraged the pupils to achieve their tasks given to them and involved on school outings with the class teachers and other teaching assistants including myself and as a meals supervisor working in the playgrounds doing activites with the pupils.I learnt how to control the pupils behaviour when became angry or nervous for whatever reason at the time we worked as a great team and reported any incident in the book and reported to the management if needed. iwould say the hardest part of my job was when the pupils turned on you in a vicious way which i had happening to me not often though.
Pros
staff discounts on learning products with the school catalogues
Cons
seeing so many young people in a full disables way and being attacked by certain few of them