Tesco Employee Reviews

A flexible job
Fresh Food Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands22 January 2018
The job allowed me to manage my social and academic life. The staff are friendly and professional however the availability of more working hours was poor. the managers also had several attitude problems.
it's ok for a part time job
Checkout operator (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, Aberdeen City22 January 2018
I didn't mind working at Tesco for a part time job however the management wasn't great and there was 3 managers in the space of a year which shows it doesn't keep its staff well. The pay was okay, but very boring and unrewarding. Management were also very bad at allowing students exam time etc. and this is why I had to leave as I was getting no time off to revise
Pros
ok money
Cons
never flexible hours
Nice place
Tesco Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Aberdare22 January 2018
Good place to work and surrounded by nice helpful people. You are encouraged to learn and grow, there is plenty of potential. You are trained up in multiple areas of the store.
busy place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire22 January 2018
I have to worked the early shift getting there at 6am. The manager was understanding. In the morning get to be very busy with the morning crowd. I started early on the day, so get the finish early.
Pros
free breaskfast
Cons
getting early in the morning
Good Job Ruined By People At The Top
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Middlesbrough22 January 2018
Great Job Ruined.

Too many changes coming from the top/ job cuts etc etc.

Took away benefits without giving something’s me in return and lost a lot of good people but they don’t care it’s all about the Tesco Pound.
Joke
Customer Assistant - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire22 January 2018
Poor gutless management who lie and back out of certain decisions when the going gets tough .

The second in command is also gutless and basically stands around talking then having a go because the till don't get help in 2 seconds flat ,they also go for cigarette breaks while shelves are empty ,which is really poor .

The staff seemed ok but one or two do dodge doing certain things .

Best thing about the company is the customers they was fine and made you feel more valued than the management did .
Pros
You go home at the end of a shift
Cons
Poor gutless management .
Hardly Worth it reall
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Portslade22 January 2018
Over worked, Underpaid, disorganized, managers are heavily underpaid, the company runs far too lean and there is never enough staff in to complete the work and recruitment policy is awful.
Pros
Close to where I live so no travel costs and nice enough people to work with.
Cons
Almost Everything
People Manager (Current Employee) –  Heswall22 January 2018
Having worked for Tesco for over 27 years, I love my job. Due to a restructure my role has been removed however it is a great place to work with excellent pay and benefits package. There is an all inclusive culture and plenty of development opportunities should you want them. It promotes flexible working wherever it can and has provided me with a great work life balance. I've worked with some great colleagues over the years too.
Pros
Great pay and benefits, good work/life balance, comprehensive training
Cons
Retail at Xmas is crazy
poor place to work
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ipswich, Suffolk22 January 2018
Tescos is not a great place to work as the senior managers dont really care about the staffs well being it is all target and profit based results. i work there purely for the money.
great work environment
Till Operator (Former Employee) –  Haslingden22 January 2018
Tesco super store offers a great work environment which is filled with genuine colleges, who don't hesitate to help when you need it . Furthermore it allows flexible hours, as i was in Sixth Form at the time. Lastly the pay is great considering im still in Sixth Form.
Pros
Great pay, Great hours, Great environment
enjoyable working experience
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scunthorpe21 January 2018
This was a fun and fast pace working environment. Management was good. Staff were very understanding and helped one another. I enjoyed working here very much.
Pros
Great atmosphere.
Its a job
Checkout Assistant (Former Employee) –  London21 January 2018
Boring, same day to day activities. Managers are luck of the draw a lot of the time - if you have a good one you will have a better time at work most likely.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Have to wait 6 months before able to use a measly 10% staff discount.
Its a job
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Brighton and Hove21 January 2018
If you are really in need a job then Tesco is there for you.
It was there when i really needed something but i wouldn't recommend it to anyone unless you really needed too.
Pros
Colleagues
Cons
Low pay, poor working conditions, poor management
nice place to work
Christmas Temp (Former Employee) –  Swansea21 January 2018
can pretty much choose youre own hours
very accommodating to college/uni or family life
fun and friendly
lots of support
good benefits
lots of training
A good place to work
Customer care - Greet customers (Current Employee) –  Middlesex21 January 2018
Tesco is a very good company to work for, they have a wonderful pay structure and benefits for their employees. They are very much customer focused and this is brought out in everything they do from the training you receive to how you do you job
Terrible
Customer Assistant/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Greenock, Inverclyde20 January 2018
Been working there for 4 years, absolutely worse place to work management is a joke no working hours. Instead of giving a part timer more hours they'll hire another person for a 7 hour contract
Productive and gained alot of qualitys
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Holywell, Flintshire20 January 2018
Good company to work for. Everyday was different to the last day and delivering different customer service to meet desk requirements. I learned to deliver my customer service skills.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Nothink
ok
Night Replenishment (Former Employee) –  South Yorkshire20 January 2018
easy steady job work well with you team on nights management are good and will look after there team but days management don't respect the night workers or try to assist them
Productive, great management, friendly and fun workplace
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gillingham20 January 2018
Tesco's was a great, well managed and friendly environment, i enjoyed every second. Tesco's helped me develop many of my personal skills from: communication, working under pressure and especially working as a team to satisfy and portray a positive attitude towards customers. The management was excellent and was really supportive. The hardest part about the job was the long hard working hours you had to put in however despite that the most enjoyable part about it was the positive working environment and helping customers with their needs. The management was outstanding and very supportive.
Pros
Staff Discount, Flexible, Reliable
Fun place
Tesco - Customer Service Champion (Current Employee) –  London20 January 2018
Great place to work with people from all backgrounds as we thrive to deliver excellent customer service to our customers. Lots of support from people.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tesco. Our community is ready to answer.