Tesco Employee Reviews

Tesco always looked after their staff .
Tesco Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Linlithgow, West Lothian19 November 2017
Had s good time at tescos where everybody helped each other . Flexi with your time of work and days you worked which was good .tesm learder of the department was always there to help .
grate place to work
Tesco Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rickmansworth19 November 2017
good place to work but is not the place you find your future there need to work hard but less benefits stress life working under the stupid management
Pros
free foods for staff and staff discounts
Cons
no time for rest
good job
Car parking Assistant (Former Employee) –  Thetford18 November 2017
I really like working for Tesco again I am really relible and hard working I can work with others and on my own I am willing I can work under pleasure I do what I'm told
depending on store,usually fun and easy going.
Bakery team leader (Former Employee) –  Nottingham18 November 2017
a typical day at work can change depending on certain scenarios but usually very structured if you prioritise customers and the team around you.i learned how to lead and became more rounded as an individual,duty shifts providing some on the hoof and hair raising moments in regard to new experiences.Following restructuring over the last few years the management teams have been thinned somewhat but customer facing managers still seem to be a priority.The hardest part of the job is probably time management but i was at the time trying at the time to cover three roles on a department.A placement could have made things a lot easier for me.They say a place is only as good as the people in it and this certainly was the case for me working alongside some truly great people.
Pros
dicsount card, good pension plan.
Cons
work life balance.
enjoyable
Customer assistant (Current Employee) –  Walsall, West Midlands18 November 2017
working at tesco is like being a part of one big team. You will never be bored with nothing to do as people are now trained up to be multi skill staff enabling them to work and do over time on other departments.
A great place to work
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bridlington Central and Old Town18 November 2017
I have been with the tesco group for over a year now and thoroughly enjoy the job. I was welcomed by existing staff when I first started and was trained about the company and then proceeded to have training on the department (PI). The job involves making sure that the price labels correspond to the right product and are legal. It also involves putting out all point of sale to promote all new offers to the customer. All staff are trained on the checkouts and are called to help when the store has a busy period. The most enjoyable part of the job is variety, there is always lots to do. The hardest part of the job for me was adjusting to working nights.
Nice
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London18 November 2017
It’s a supermarket. Now I have to say a load of words to hit the 150 minimum to
Do a review so I can move on with my day as this is really boring right now.
Cons
Relaxed work enviroment, maintaining customer focus
Customer Experience Manager (Current Employee) –  Cardiff18 November 2017
Working on customer in coming call contact across various departments gained wide range of knowledge which prepared me for being a homeworker as then also able to share this knowledge with other members of the team.
Pros
Colleague discount, company pensions scheme option to work from home
Worst manager ever
Beauty consultant (Former Employee) –  St Leonards-on-Sea, East Sussex17 November 2017
I worked in beauty world my manager was worst ever.

I cannot say I didn’t enjoy the job as o love customers and met some great ones. No encouragement for my line manager she had her favourites and boy did it show

I would not recommend working in beauty world as the job was very boring not too much to do and no enthusiasm from line manager
Pros
10% discount
Cons
Boring not much to do
great for flexible workers.
general night assistant/ customer assistant (Former Employee) –  Lowestoft17 November 2017
Shifts were usually the same as worked on a specific department but learned a lot about stock replenishment and general running of a super market. Great place to work if you need your hours to work around your life style.
good
Checkouts Operator (Former Employee) –  Bridgend17 November 2017
Good place to work with good pay and good hours. other staff are helpful to new staff, however is very busy at christmas time, this can be good though as you are always doing something
Cool Place
Stock Replenishment (Current Employee) –  Bristol17 November 2017
Good to work, fair pay and good benefits. Nice people work with. flexible hours to work in various departments and a nice range of overtime when allowed, which is very often.
Fun
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leicester17 November 2017
It was a great place to work. Staff were friendly and helpful.
I mainly collected trollies but i helped out on other sections.
The hardest part was keeping the trollies in the main bay
Pros
friendly workplace
Cons
Not many trollies about due to being on checkouts
Why I work at Tesco
Night Manager (Former Employee) –  Eastbourne, East Sussex17 November 2017
Difficult to change things around, even if it is for the better and if your managers are not willing to help you out, you are in for a bumpy ride. Not happy here
Pros
blah
Cons
work
productive work place
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes16 November 2017
It isn't a easy job but they are a lot off good people and everyday you can learn something new and do something new if you like it. Piking is harder like packing.
Good working environment
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oakridge, UK16 November 2017
In general my experience at Tesco has been a good one, the people I met there became more than just work colleagues and would consider most of them friends.
The hours are good and are made to suit you, whether you're at college or working two jobs like I was. There is always an opportunity to learn new processes and gain more knowledge relating to the daily running of the store.
The holiday is fair and overtime is always an option if you need more hours.
Pros
10% Discount
Great experience
Customer Assistant Replenishment (Former Employee) –  Holyhead16 November 2017
Working at Tesco helped me build my confidence and gain a great amount of experience with working in retail. Working here involved to do many different tasks such as help customers find a product, stack the shelves and work in the warehouse.
easy and out going
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Maldon, Essex16 November 2017
recomend if u are a full on people person and love talking to customers and willing to go the extra mile there is a lot of new stuff to learn i.e. computers
Pros
discount, close to home
Overall ok
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Heacham16 November 2017
Tesco Express more local, but prices are higher that main store, even though its 2 miles away.
I liked being a Team Leader, although didn't always have the freedom.
stressful workplace
Customer Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Erith, Greater London15 November 2017
When you get to work your van should be loaded sometimes this isn't the case, so you have to load your own van. management sometimes do not help and just stress at drivers to do things they are not actually payed to do, such as have half hour break instead of an hour, you end up leaving the depot late and get moaned at by all the customers, the management tell the customers lies so it doesn't make the company look bad. best part of the job is being on the road seeing beautiful sights and surrounding, and meeting some incredible people.
Cons
11 hour shift, long hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tesco. Our community is ready to answer.