T.G.I Fridays Employee Reviews

It was Great!
Busser (Former Employee) –  Braintree, Essex24 November 2017
Met some great people but it got a bit hectic when everyone got their hours cut because it made the whole experience very stressful but apart from that all was good.
Efficient
Waitress (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London23 November 2017
Nice people to work with, good food and good choice of music.
Management is very organised and jobs are taken seriously. Great customer service is given every time
Absolutely awful
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Watford, Hertfordshire16 November 2017
Had 18 people join and leave in 1 MONTH! Management are terrible. 0 hour contract, minimum wage. Tips are shared between ALL other waiters, not worth!
Pros
Discount
Cons
No food on shift, long hours and awful management.
Fun & advanced.
FOOD RUNNER/WAITER (Former Employee) –  Enfield, Greater London7 November 2017
Look after customers who were seated within a certain area of the restaurant
Maintain the cleanliness of customers tables
Resolve customer complaints immediately or inform management otherwise
Pros
Chose the days you would like to work
Cons
no breaks or shift meals.
Busy
Serving Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester6 November 2017
The hardest part of the job is the inability to get a weekend off. The best part of working here is the tips received. The general feel of the team is very fun and friendly and a typical day is busy but not too difficult
Pros
tips
Cons
long hours and weekends
Fun workplace
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Cheadle, Cheshire26 October 2017
Working here I learn't the key skills of dealing with customers as well as gaining knowledge about the restaurant business. The management was good and I felt i could speak to them with any issues i may of had. The fact that everyone gets along makes it a better environment to work in.
Pros
Discounts on food
Cons
Late/long hours
morning cleaner Castleford
Cleaning Staff (Former Employee) –  Castleford, West Yorkshire25 October 2017
Dont do it ......they ask you to go in for a trial hour to see if you like the job.
I worked one shift...the cleaning involved climbing a ladder to collect all the extracter fans and washing them. emptying all the deep fat fryers , cleaning them and then refilling them. The role also involves unpluggin the gas connection and then connecting it back up and re lighting the ovens. Scrubbing the floors and wiping down all the worktops.
One Lady I worked with had to ask at the end of her shift if we could leave and she was told yes after she had wiped the walls behind the dishwasher which involved her laying on the floor .....way too much is expected for the hourly rate of pay .......I handed my notice in after my first shift and I am still waiting to be paid .....They may look after their Waiting staff but definatly dont look after their cleaning staff..
Pros
none ...yhou have to work their 3 months for discounts
Cons
rate of pay too low for the role
Productive and and fun place to work
Serving Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gateshead, Tyne and Wear24 October 2017
In Friday's you are always kept busy, there are a lot of opportunities working in Friday's in terms of progressing with the company, varied contracts offered and the Managers tend to be friendly and down to earth.
fun workplace
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Newport23 October 2017
All the Staff members were bubbly and fun to work with. Definitely a work environment that had a lot of personality in it. would recommend this place to anyone for part time or full time work.
productive and fun place
Chef (Current Employee) –  Leicester20 October 2017
busy place,not a very hard job,only issues its they gonna ask you to do more than hours at weeks, that`s is inacextable...............................
Pros
free shift meal
Cons
long shifts

Want to know more about T.G.I Fridays?

Ask a question
Very productive establishement.
Server Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stevenage, Hertfordshire18 October 2017
I have been working at TGI Fridays for several months now and have learned a large amount from the experience. i have gained good communication skills from cooperating with my colleagues and also gained a good level of independence when dealing with situations alone. This work place has taught me a large amount about how a business is ran and also how to meet the needs of customers.
Pros
Nice Atmosphere
Cons
Inconsistent working hours
Fun and professional
Team leader (Former Employee) –  London17 October 2017
I had a very good experience with this company, i'm happpy to recommend to anyone, however it's a hard work on any level in a restaurant(last but not least the food is very nice)
Pros
great team
Cons
long hours, standby shifts
Fun
Chef (Former Employee) –  Gloucester, Gloucestershire17 October 2017
Really good team to work with gutted I had to leave due to health issues all had a really good laugh at work the down side is it is long hours plus a discount is not bad
Pros
Discount
fun workplace
waiter (Current Employee) –  Croydon13 October 2017
It is okay to work at tgi, you work loads of hours and they get you to cover alot of shifts. it is poorly run and the only thing that gets you by is the people that work there.
Best Time of Your Life
Bartneder (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire10 October 2017
For those who are young and want to make good money with nothing but a little hard work, Friday's is perfect.

A good waiter/waitress can make more than the average adult after tips, and it's the most fun you'll ever have at work.
A Huge Family
Door Host, Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester10 October 2017
TGI Fridays is a great place to work, every day is different. Quiet weeknights to bustling weekends. I learnt everything I know about working in a restaurant at TGI's...how to give great customer service, work well in a team and have great organisational skills in a restaurant style workplace. The management are always there to listen, they always made sure we were happy and only gave us hours we could do. I have made the best friends whilst working at TGI Fridays.

The hardest part of the job is just keeping on top of everything when it gets EXTREMELY busy all of a sudden at an unexpected time of day. The most enjoyable part is just being there and working with great people.
Pros
50% staff discount, great friends
Cons
Short evening shifts, wanting longer hours sometimes
Fun yet draining.
Hostess/Waitress (Current Employee) –  Kent1 October 2017
I love my job so much, every day is different and every day is fun however also very busy. You are constantly on your feet and will only receive a break if working for 10+ hours. Discount of 50% is fabulous and the tips you receive make the hard work so much more worth it. Some of management are very strong - the others not so much and can also be rude. Very considerate about time off as it is all organised well in advanced through an app. Long hours as sometimes end up staying later. It's like working in a huge family once you get to know everyone.
Pros
Tips, fun, discount
Cons
Long hours, rude management
Fast paced and fun place to work
Waiter (Current Employee) –  Guildford, Surrey27 September 2017
fast paced industry, specialised on making unique catering experiences, with caring colleagues and management. I increased both my time management skills and communication skills
Pros
discounted food, good tips
fun work place
Waiter/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol25 September 2017
busy restaurant not very early starts sometimes late nights, great training, great values. very stressful at times but the team are always there to help you out.
Pros
50% off
Cons
pay
Avoid jersey
Restaurant /Bar Manager (Former Employee) –  JERSEY24 September 2017
The store is very badly run with a spray tan approach to there managment style. I would never work for this unproffesional company where bullying is common practice
Pros
Cons
Conference

Ask a question about working or interviewing at T.G.I Fridays. Our community is ready to answer.