Swissport International Ltd. Employee Reviews

baggage handler/loader
Ground Crew (Former Employee) –  Stansted Airport17 September 2017
not got anything good to say about this company on the treatment of workers, management = to many managers not enough workers , ie to many chefs spoil the broth
Friendly and Enjoyable
Airport Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Heathrow, Greater London2 August 2017
Always a place where you enjoy working and you love the place, very friendly place no fights no arguments.Staff are friendly and helpful,if you dont know where something is they will tell you
Pros
very friendly
Don't care about staff
Load Controller (Current Employee) –  Manchester1 August 2017
This company does not care about it's staff, while team leaders/ supervisor are very nice to management you are just another number therefore overall morale is rubbish
Disappointing, could be much more enjoyable
Passenger Services Agent (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne20 July 2017
The problem with Swissport is that they are too big a company to care about the important people - i.e. staff at the front line.

We are paid a few pennies above the minimum wage and have a hugely responsible job in an incredibly high-risk location i.e. the airport.

I have never worked somewhere prior to this where all of the staff absolutely hate their job and don't think much of the management. Staff are continually leaving because of the poor conditions - terrible wage, long hours, ridiculous staff rota and absolutely no benefits of working for the company.

Working at an airport should be a highly polished and enjoyable experience but it is anything but. Management are not interested and because a lot of staff are just temporary seasonals, they don't put enough effort in which brings the rest of the staff down.

All in all, something which I thought and hoped was going to be a change in direction for me has actually turned out to be a big mistake and I can't wait to leave.
Pros
Absolutely no benefits of working for the company
Cons
Very poor wage, long hours, poor work-life balance, inexperienced management
The hardest part of the job
Passenger Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Manchester Airport, Greater Manchester18 July 2017
You didn't received much training. Therefore you had to ask for help a lot from supervisors and colleagues. However supervisors wouldn't help you if you were struggling. They would just expect you to deal with things.
Pros
Always Busy
Cons
Long Hours
very busy, hard days work
Warehouseman (Former Employee) –  Heathrow7 July 2017
learned a lot from the guys here, good bunch.
Most enjoyable part of the job was the guys who became good friends.
at the time i was there, there was a lot redundancy talk which was disheartening
Easy yo Learn
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Birmingham / Airport17 June 2017
They have a good Training structure

• Can work under pressure and in a customer facing environment
• Speak multiple languages as well as English as my first language
• Liaise with colleagues to ensure the aircraft is loaded as intended
• Report all equipment malfunctions to the appropriate supervisor/manager
• Comply with all UK/Ireland/EU legislation as well as airport authority and carrier security requirements
Pros
Renowned Company
enjoyable place to work
Trainer ramp (Former Employee) –  Stansted Airport2 June 2017
Always loved working at the airport loved everyaspect of it's always done shift work and manual work so it's suited me down to the ground. Only left has got made redundant
when I started there as a trainee ramp agent when I first got onto the ramp and see aircraft I knew this was for me I worked on the ramp and baggage for 2 years then went and done the Royal Mail flights in the evening and done two years on cargo planes activating hi-low conveyor belts and aircraft on board systems and then returned back to the ramp working on shift and started taking new employees out tof teach them the safety and loading aircraft opening doors chocking aircraft safety around aircraft with bacon engines and safety of seeing the aircraft on stand putting steps on aircraft making sure they are safe of passengers
Making sure passengers can not walk under the Wings by putting cones out and making sure passengers are walking the right way not being in danger.
Putting towbar nose pin and tug on aircraft ready for push back. And headset .
Pros
i wish...
Cons
shift work
Workplace
Ramp Operative (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne25 May 2017
hard work on the body if not used to it
the danger and care to work around a aircraft
good and friendly
pleasant member's of staff
lmanual handling of the luggage into hold
when you know you completed a job had left on time
Cons
shift pattern
management
Passenger Service Agent and Lead Agent (Former Employee) –  London Heathrow Airport18 May 2017
Swissport currently reduced its operations in Terminal 4 at London Heathrow airport concetrating just on T2. The main problem of the handler was the management.
great place to work
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Staines, Middlesex, UK28 April 2017
meeting different people from all walks of life VIP,s to the eccentric. to your normal every day person loved my job, company went into liquidation was really upset.
Pros
meeting some great people
Cons
delayed flights.
Former ramp agent
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne26 April 2017
I was a former ramp agent but I am returning as miss the job the company and everyone on ramp great job can't wait to get back at it .I have seen so many people complaining but obviously not cut out for the job my only mistake was ever leaving
Pros
Fun enjoyable
good company
Ramp Supervisor (Current Employee) –  LBA23 April 2017
World wide organisation ground handling
workplace good environment
duty free discount
staff sales
enjoyable
meeting people from all back grounds
targets to meet
producing revenue for the company by charging other partners for our services.
on time performance, working under pressure
..............................................................................................................................................................................
Pros
free parking
Cons
no cons
great service
Cargo Agent (Current Employee) –  London21 April 2017
i like it . no benefit pay ok better than some cargo . Small team big warehouse manager are not always faiir u have to know someone at the top thank yuou
productive day
passneger service agent (Current Employee) –  Belfast / Aldergrove Airport13 April 2017
enter the building I go into the office and clock in I then take a mayfly which tells me what am doing for the rest of the day I then go to the tea and highlight everything am doing during my shift I then head to check in to start my shift i look at the mayfly and work out the boarding times i go up and board my flights take my lunch and then go outside and meet inbound aircrafts coming in.The hardest part of the job is the shift and the hours you could start work from 4am and on a lae shift you could work anytime to midnight
Pros
i enjoy meeting new people
Cons
long hours and early starts
Great job, Great customers.
Passenger Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Manchester Airport, Greater Manchester2 April 2017
A typical day at work sees me using multiple different computer systems to check in passengers that are flying. I interact with hundreds of people daily from many different cultures and i enjoy the variation the job brings, no day is ever the same. The hardest pat of the job is trying to work under the pressure that can arise but i thrive under those conditions. Best part is working with some great people and the customer interaction.
Pros
Customer interaction, Great atmosphere, Great teams, Early mornings.
Cons
Long hours, Early starts, Low wage.
Honest Work, problematic scheduling.
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Birmingham International Airport, West Midlands29 March 2017
On a typical day you'd be moving around 1000 bags onto or off baggage belts or airplanes. While doing this you carry out security checks to ensure all the bags have been accounted for and loaded correctly and safely. Usually with a partner or small team there is a good working environment with plenty likeable, hard working staff and a real sense of team camaraderie.

Working there quickly teaches you a strong work ethic and will help you get very fit! It's not mindless work however as you have to be constantly on your toes and focused when loading bags onto belts so that you are performing the proper checks and ensuring no baggage is misplaced .

The best part of the job is undeniably the staff you work with, there is a real team spirit to get the job done and you quickly bond with your co-workers as you put in a shift together.

The hardest part of the job is to manage the hours with the rest of your life as they can be both long, and variable as they use a shift work pattern. You could have a couple of days with short 6 hour shifts from 3AM or long 11 hours shifts in the afternoons. Balancing your life, and getting enough sleep, is a problem to overcome for anyone working there.
Pros
Great workplace culture, good exercise.
Cons
Variable hours, shift work.
Experinced staff
DISPATCH SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  LGW27 March 2017
After Joining Swiisport in a different postion (Operations) this gave me an opertunity to learn something new and understanding how difficult this job could be from working on the ramp side.
Amazing atmosphere
Flight operations dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh Airport26 March 2017
Great work culture in regards to the staff and environment. Though the pay is realy low (minimum). And the hours are very un-sociable, due to it being a shift work to meet the demands of the airport. If there is some form of clerical error on behalf of administration or payment department they will not take responibility. If they do, which is rare you will get the difference on your next pay regardless of the inconveniance caused to you. This is a very bad and unethical habbit that they must stop asap. All this leads to high turnover of staff on a near monthly basis.
Pros
Meeting great people from all walks of life
Cons
Low pay, Long hours and no support from managment.
Fun workplace
Passenger Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Luton Airport26 March 2017
from check in to departures it is a very fun atmosphere, unfortunately there is not been a station manager in over two years in luton airport so lacks a bit of organisation. The hardest part of the job is the difficult customers and keeping up with time management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Swissport International Ltd.. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval