Sweaty Betty Employee Reviews

Friendly environment
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  St Albans23 January 2018
A typical day at work involved cleaning the shop, sizing and spacing before the shop opened. During the day you size and space the clothes a lot, carry out stock replenishment, work on the till, take phone calls and advise customers.
I learned how to handle customers and give a full 'customer experience' from the moment they come into the shop until they leave. Also how to work the till and carry out stock replenishment and order intake.
Management was good, trained quite well and were friendly and approachable.
The workplace culture was relatively nice, can be quite stressful particularly during times of sale and over the Christmas period so can get a bit tense.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult customers.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when you get a nice and enthusiastic customer who really appreciates your help. Also the free classes that come with the job and the general fitness environment of the company help.
Good atmosphere
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  London19 December 2017
The people i worked with were lovely and the management were very nice. Good benefits. The working day was very stress free and nothing was thrown on you that you weren't comfortable with.
Good as a part time role
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  UK14 November 2017
The role itself is fine, customers are generally quite pleasant and the discounts and uniform allowances are pretty good. I initially really enjoyed working here but as I continued to top up my hours I noticed more and more how disorganised the whole company is and how out of touch a few of the higher managers are with what is going on in stores.
The culture is good but you can't really maintain the lifestyle they encourage with the salaries given here which can get difficult to manage and the overall company can be quite cliquey.
Stores can be very fun and you do get money to spend on fitness classes which is probably my favourite perk.
Just don't bother with full time here - it wears you down!
Positive Environment, always striving for perfection!
Boutique Assistant (Current Employee) –  Beaconsfield, Buckinghamshire22 September 2017
You always start the day making sure the shop floor looks clean and tidy. Making sure the shop floor has been thoroughly replensihed and clothes have been tagged and steamed. When a customer comes in, ask if you can help them find something in particualr. Have a clear understanding of all of the products, so you are able to guide the customer through the shop. Stay with them though to the changing room, asking for alternative sizes, colours and styles. Then finally taking them to the counter, reminding them of inshore classes and the benefits of becoming a member with sweaty betty.

Sweaty Betty is a very relaxed place to work, everyone stays so positive and friendly, including the customers.
Pros
Free in store classes and a generous uniform allowance
Cons
not enough shifts avalible
All about the people!
Support Office Team (Current Employee) –  Fulham, Greater London30 August 2017
Sweaty Betty offers a supportive, cooperative, productive and most importantly fun, working environment that is about getting the most out of yourself and your team. One of our values is that Well + Fit = Happy, so we have access to free workout's everyday which we are encouraged to take part in with our colleagues (who also happen to be our friends).
Pros
Free clothing, workouts, fruit. Working with friends
Lifestyle Changing
Employee at the Support Office q (Current Employee) –  Head Office30 August 2017
Smiling faces and positive vibe is spread all around the office. This is a place of work where balancing work and personal life is very important. This is practiced and encouraged very strongly.

At lunch, you can find people enjoying their yoga class, that takes place in our studio, or making yummy food (food is really important here, we take pride in it). Besides the fact the atmosphere is really friendly and really positive it is a place of work where you can develop as a person and progress within your role. Number of different training is offered ranging from excel skills to mindfulness sessions. This is a place where you can flourish and experience the Sweaty Betty way of life.

The hardest part of this job is keeping up with it. No day is the same, new ideas are being implemented and a new plan is always in action.I would say that this is also the best part too !
Pros
Personal Development & Progression.
Cons
Becoming a busy bee 24/7
Inspiring, motivating and fun working enviroment
Support Office (Current Employee) –  Support Office30 August 2017
I have had the wonderful opportunity to have experienced a few companies in my time, and I am delighted to say that Sweaty Betty is by far my favourite company to work for. The culture within the company is supportive, passionate and fun.

The VP of the department I work in is encouraging, kind, patient and passionate. This is true of everyone.
No two days are ever the same, so makes coming in exciting!

There are classes for all abilities everyday, and this supports the culture of getting to know everyone in the office.

I have always wanted to work for SB and when the opportunity presented itself, I was fast to apply.
At SB we pride ourselves on giving our customers an wonderful experience in our stores, though it doesn't start at stop there. This is also what they strive for with their employees too.

One of my best memories was my entire interview process, it was so uplifting and truly a wonderful experience that only made me want the job more!
Pros
Company Culture, atmosphere.
Never been happier!
Talent Seeker (Current Employee) –  London30 August 2017
SB really practice what they preach and I love working here...
Free fitness classes, great people and a nice environment. What more could you want from a job?!
Cons
Can't think of any
Caring workplace
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chiswick, Greater London1 August 2017
At Sweaty Betty, the headoffice and owners care about your wellbeing and always come up with fun competitions to make your workplace as fun as possible.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Not adjusted to London salary
Great flexible work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  london7 May 2017
Great team, good work environment, poor progression opportunities.
Nice boutiques, nice clientele, good environment, however very hard to get promoted in some cases
Pros
Flexible work
Cons
no progression
Positive environment
Boutique Assistant (Current Employee) –  Harrogate23 June 2016
Amazing co workers and great management! Healthy life styles are always endorsed and the benefits are incredible. I love working at Sweaty Betty!
love being in a a great team
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Guildford21 May 2016
Love my Job ,dealing with customers ,great team members ,the best team i have ever worked for .Therefore im finding it hard to find a new job ,but the traveling from Selsey to Guildford is far to much as i am only part time ,after our move to West Sussex in January.
Pros
all of my work i love .
Cons
The traveling !
Productive and Fun Workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chiswick1 May 2016
Everyone that works for the company is very passionate about its mantra which I think is admirable. I enjoyed every minute working for the company. Women empowerment through fitness and self health is Such a wonderful way to promote confidence and heathy living in our genders community. The company is extremely well organized and they hire outgoing professional girls.
Healthy and enthusiastic environment
Assistant Boutique Manager (Former Employee) –  Oxford1 March 2016
Sweaty Betty is a fantastic company with a very good ethos.
There are many pros working there: free clothing and big discounts for the staff, opportunity to experience new sports activities at all times, culture of life-balance.

On the other side there are many hours overtime to be worked every week and the pay is not very competitive.

However the company gives loads of job security and possibility to advance.

My experience was very very positive, if you are passionate about sports and wellbeing, Sweaty Betty is the company to work for.
Pros
Free clothes - Free Yoga and Workout classes
Cons
Low pay
Dynamic and fun workplace
Operations Manager (maternity cover) (Current Employee) –  London, ENG1 October 2015
Excellent location, clothing and culture and very nice people but a small company with few opportunities of advancement.
Exciting, fun work environment with strong focus on the exellence
Manager (Current Employee) –  London, W2 5BH6 November 2012
Work for Sweaty Betty is truly enjoyable experience, as it's not only place where you work but also where you develop your knowledge, improve your health and fitness levels and most of all create the World of 'the best customer experience'. every day you learn how to achieve the excellence from the customer service to the highest standard training. thanks to SB I have gained the dipper understanding of commercial awareness and how to build and motivate the team of World class sales assistants and supervisors.
Sweaty Betty is very friendly company, where higher management is open for your suggestions and very flexible. as a result of general 'kind' atmosphere at work majority of co-workers is great but also very focused.
As every work you do get down sides, but overall they are rewarded by great sales or simple thank you from pleased customers.
Pros
free access to fitness, generous allowance +50% discount
Cons
low salary