Surrey County Council Employee Reviews

Social work
Senior Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Tandridge Locality4 October 2017
On a typical day working in accordance with the community care act and other relevant legislation and policies.
My duties included carrying out assessments, devising packages of care, reviews, Mental Capacity Assessment and liaising with service users.
My role also involved supporting and supervising colleagues.
Other duties included participating on the duty rota and attending meetings.
Pros
The council provided free tea and coffee
Cons
Lunch not provided during training sessions
Catering Manager (Current Employee) –  Orchard school, East Molesey, sirrey2 October 2017
Good place to work. Hard, but enjoyable, with oppertunities to do various courses if you should so wish. I entered on a catering ssupervisor level and have enjoyed working for Surrey county council very much.
Pros
Term time hours
Cons
Not great pay
Fantastic opportunities for your career
Special Educational Needs Case Officer (Former Employee) –  London, England11 September 2017
Surrey county council enabled my to start from the bottom and work my way up to a case officer. The hours where long and the job was very demanding however it was very rewarding to work to help improve children's / young adults educational support.
Pros
Different tasks every day
Cons
Very demanding in terms of statutory deadlines.
I have great staff, colleagues and bosses
senior admin advisor (Surrey Heath) (Current Employee) –  Camberle3 September 2017
working front line, you do it for the passion not for the money. I love working for SCC and everyone I work with teaches me something new every day.
You work for SC because you want to make a difference and we do it everyday, some are small steps but we get there.
Pros
ou
Intriguing and diverse
Meeting assistant/volunteer (Former Employee) –  Sunbury, Surrey20 August 2017
I found the job to have a good work/life balance and it was a very eye opening and interesting. It was relaxing but helpful to the community and I felt like I was making a difference.
Good workplace with great friends
Reception/Reprographics Officer (Former Employee) –  Chertsey13 August 2017
A busty switchboard, constant photocopying and large print jobs took up most of the day. The work dealt with was done in a very professional manner, but also with a light-hearted attitude, which leads to a great workplace. Summer holidays were slow for us as an education sector, but really busy term-time.
Pros
Good friends
Productive and busy place
Administration Assistant (Current Employee) –  Guildford, Surrey26 July 2017
Surrey county council is an extremely hard working business to work for. We aim to please all of our clients through a range of different things from housing..to social care or finances.
Pros
Helpful and lovely colleagues
Cons
Pay
Under pressure from budget cuts
Business Process Analyst (Former Employee) –  Surrey29 June 2017
Under staffed and negative atmosphere within the workplace. Working in public sector does have benefits, working hours and location flexible when required.
It was an easy cleaning job I enjoyed it .
Mid day supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ash25 June 2017
My job was to clean my own building I was in charge of make sure I stocked up on bits if they run out empty all bins, clean toilets , buffing floors , polishing what needed polishing ,hoovering floors and mopping .
Pros
If you finished early you could sometimes go back to office and have a chat .
Good Employer
Compliance Auditor (Former Employee) –  Kingston upon Thames, Greater London14 June 2017
The audit team were easy to work with and always helpful.
Internal audit is taken seriously by the Council.
Departments are aware of the work of internal audit and are approachable during audits.
Large authority - poor pay
Employee (Current Employee) –  Surrey22 May 2017
A large local authority. It supports flexible working but like most local authorities nowadays, funding from local government has seen huge cuts over the years. Salaries grades are low and should be in line with London pay grades.
Pros
Flexible working
Cons
Salary grades
Good working environment
Senior PA to Cabinet (Former Employee) –  Kingston upon Thames, Greater London26 April 2017
Extremely busy as was in heart of council. Rewarding being involved with residents current issues. Supportive team who all worked together well. Opprtunities for secondment to other departments to gain further experience,
Pros
Flexi time
Cons
Culture of restructure every 2 years
Exciting Opportunities
HR (Former Employee) –  Kingston upon Thames, Greater London24 April 2017
Really good place to work, good opportunities for progression. Really nice mix of colleagues too which makes working there a bonus. Good salary and benefits.
Fun Workplace
Data Quality Officer (Current Employee) –  Kingston upon Thames, Greater London28 March 2017
Team are fun to be around, very sociable.
Management are the best, able to help you learn and progress in your field.
Good atmosphere, engage well with services and customer feedback is positive.
Flexible working
Manager (Current Employee) –  Surrey, UK27 March 2017
Able to work flexibly to maintain good work/life balance. Must work core hours of 10am - 4pm. Some roles enable you to work remotely from home or other council buildings.
Nothing but good things
Youth worker (Current Employee) –  Godalming, Surrey23 March 2017
Through working with surrey county council, I have learned a lot. I have been trained with the job role and disciplined properly when needed. My line manager has been amazing when I've needed her and I couldn't ask for better colleagues.
I love the challenge of being a youth worker and it thrives me to do well at my job and build up my training to eventually become a worker in charge.
Educational Institution
Teacher/Tutor/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Woking, Surrey and other areas23 March 2017
A good place to work for, with good opportunities for progression and personal development. Staff in general very pleasant. I am glad to have had the opportunity.
good
Senior Category Specialist HR and Corporate (Former Employee) –  Kingston upon Thames20 March 2017
good place to work and an organisation constantly challenged by reduced budgets an the challenges of delivering more for less. The building in Kingston has on site parking.
Review
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Surrey14 March 2017
Good salary
Term time work
Additional work in own time
Limited opportunities for promotion
Friendly colleges
Training provided in various areas
Targets
Paperwork
A rewarding post promoting the services of Surrey Libraries to those that may struggle to access these
Senior Officer (Current Employee) –  Woking, Surrey14 March 2017
As a senior team member we are unaffected by the demands of a timetable so we work to our own schedule to complete a project and complete our project tasks in our specified office time
Pros
Flexible Timetable
Cons
Budget cuts and a lack of opportunity to develop our projects externally

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Surrey County Council. Our community is ready to answer.