SUPERDRY Employee Reviews

Good experience gained
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bicester Village13 November 2017
A typical day at work consists of tidying up and serving customers. Till work, product knowledge and communication skills are mostly the best experience gained. Management are considerate but can also change and therefore provide less of a good experience at work. Very sociable place to work at, but hours can be long and tedious especially when it is busy.
Pros
good pay, training provided, sociable
Cons
long hours, boring, repetitive, customers
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Manchester24 October 2017
Great place to work. Rewarded for great work by the company. Progression offered. Enjoyable atmosphere to work in. Family feeling with colleagues (part of a team)
Best job so far
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dorset13 October 2017
Everything from the people to atmosphere, decent pay and good vibe all around. Uniform allowance is decent, management is pretty good, holiday can be hard to get off but I hear in different shops its more laid back.
Pros
people, place, pay
Cons
management can be unorganised and dont listen
Great colleagues, management is poor
General (Former Employee) –  Cheltenham, Gloucestershire23 September 2017
It's a fun company to work for but leaves a lot to be desired from management, opportunity to progress is limited, salary is static and bonuses are reserved for higher management only.
Bully management
Deputy Manager (Former Employee) –  Bromley, Greater London30 August 2017
Bully management style with extremely poor organisation from head office. I was told my position was no longer required after 2 years employment because I wouldn't fraudulently create HR documents to allow other staff members to be fired.
Pros
uniform allowance
Cons
expected to work for free after being verbully abused by seniors
friendly place to work
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ashford11 August 2017
close knit family like atmosphere, management can be difficult at times, but the people you work with make it worth coming in for, easy to build close friendships.
Fun place to work, Lack of Progression.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool10 August 2017
SuperGroup was a fun environment for a person to work. That being said however, the lack of advancement opportunities Killed the drive I had to work there. It bred a friendly atmosphere and the ability to gain friendships. There was a lack of training to help further a career, which would often see the staff remain in a stagnant case of going nowhere.
Best Retail Company to work for
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Windsor, Berkshire20 July 2017
I worked for Supergroup for just under 4 years and progressed from part time sales assistant to Supervisor in just over 1 year. They train you and give you any possible opportunity. The company's ethics and views are unlike any other company I've seen. They reward their staff well and will support you no matter what. I found the hardest part of my job was working far away from home and having to travel. If it was not for this, I would have more than likely stayed with them. Because of them, when I left, I did not want to go to another retail company as I did not feel like I would find another company like them.
Terrible management
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire27 June 2017
SuperDry comes with great corporation benefits. Such as, great clothing allowance and good salary and holiday allowance. But management is terrible and nonetheless bias. I was dismissed on what I would consider bias grounds and they failed to reimburse me on my sustained holiday pay.

I think this may be subjective to the Milton Keynes branch. The corporation in general is well-organised, a good mix of work / social activities and a very generous clothing allowance. However, the management in Milton Keynes and the types of individuals nonetheless correspond with lazy, unenthusiastic and bias attributes, ruining the experience I sustained there.
Pros
Clothing allowance, salary
Cons
Minimal breaks, bad management and too demanding
Fun, fresh and funky company
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Canterbury, Kent26 June 2017
I have worked at two different stores and both have always encouraged me to be myself and be original. A typical day in the workplace is assisting customers, maintaining standards and indulging yourself into the brand and new trends.
Management have always been friendly and reliable with shift swifts and holiday requests. They will always try their hardest to please everyone, no matter how long or new you are to the company.
The hardest part of the job is during Christmas when customers are at their peak and the company are at their busiest. The company always try to make the holiday season fun by have daily Christmas related tasks (which include prizes) and incentives for the stores as a whole.
The most enjoyable part of the job is that you get two uniform allowances per year (spring and summer) and (autumn and winter). The amount of allowance you get is dependent on how many hours you work, but who cares, it's free clothes! You get 50% off clothes all year round and lunch breaks are always decent but unpaid, which is fair enough.
Pros
Uniform allowance, 50% off clothes all year round, no constant pressure to beat targets
Cons
Random shift changes at times without notice, shifts can seem long and boring
Productive, creative and an enjoyable workplace to be
Flexible worker (Former Employee) –  Cheltenham26 June 2017
During my stay at Superdry I had enjoyed encountering challenges given to the team and the opportunities that were given to develop my skills further.
very enjoyable work environment and fun job culture
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Regent street20 June 2017
An environment that allows you to flourish through your natural abilities, also enabling you to be challenged at the same time. Overall, a fun and enjoyable brand that celebrates individuality at its core.
productive and fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester15 June 2017
great staff and management, always room for gaining more skills and having advances such as rewards for doing well. Work feels fun and less like a chore, and meeting new people every day in work is also great fun.
Great company to work for
Senior Visual Merchandising Manager (Former Employee) –  Meadowhall, South Yorkshire12 June 2017
I loved my experience with Superdry, they are a very supportive company and have lots of flexibility in job roles for staff to try.
i would recommend this company.
Pros
staff discount
A Lovely Group of people to work with and learn from
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Cheltenham, Gloucestershire2 June 2017
I loved my time working with supergroup, they have taught me so much and I would love the opportunity to work with them again in the future. Everyone was friendly and enjoyed being there.
Pros
very good discounts
Potentially fun job, but very unrewarding
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim31 May 2017
Typical day would be 10hrs long with 1hr lunch break. First day is tutorial and talk about the company, their payment scheme and how to progress to higher positions. Management is alright, the manager I saw was quite pleasant. Cannot comment on the workplace culture.
Hardest part of the job is convincing potential customers, most enjoyable are the coworkers, as the atmosphere is always pretty laid back
Pros
Friendly Management
Cons
Pyramid Scheme
friendly but repetitive workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Exeter30 May 2017
The fellow employees I worked with were really friendly and like- minded.
Management were generally friendly and helpful although sometimes lacked direction.
Pros
Working with nice friendly people
Cons
Repetitive
Working for Superdry
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex23 May 2017
If you weren't allocated shifts on the weekend, then be prepared to have a slow day at work, consistently facing up and replenishing stock. However the staff were very friendly and fun working colleagues.
fun but also often stressful at management level
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear7 May 2017
Overall it has been a good place to work but progression is very difficult as upper management are reluctant to move on. Discount poilcy is good and you get an hour for lunch. Rotas can be unfair.
Pros
staff discount
Cons
manager
Fun, productive workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Basildon, Essex5 May 2017
There are many benefits for working with Supergroup, including discounts and uniform allowance. Everyone is really friendly and ready to help out other team members. Management make you feel like you can turn to them if need be, and try to ensure everyone is happy.
Pros
uniform allowance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SUPERDRY. Our community is ready to answer.