SUPERDRY Employee Reviews

Nice work place (night shift)
Operations assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester5 January 2018
Good work place!!
management treat everybody equal no speaking down to the staff managers are approachable
sometimes a bit unorganised
i enjoyed my time here :)
Pros
free uniform allowance
Cons
No extra pay on bank holidays (night shift)
Couldn't organise a knees up in a brewery!
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  West Midlands14 December 2017
Superdry is a great place to work....if you're a student/part timer with no ambition to progress and want endless extra days off, and generally don't care.
Management in stores is ridiculous, higher management is even worse! There is no clear communication between anyone, any communication there is, is usually wrong, confused or just generally a load of rubbish! This in turn, results in a lot of managers running around in a panic just bodging stuff together as best they can.
There is no chance of progression unless you're mates with the right person, as a result, there are a lot of people in position they are clearly not qualified for. Any in-house positions are given on the basis of who you know, not who is best suited for the role.
HR rarely action anything and if you want a few extra days off, it's really easy and you'll barely need an excuse. Or even if you lie and get caught out....you'll still be fine!
Pay is ok for retail, but it's not reflective of your work, i.e you all get the same regardless whether you're lazy or hardworking. Jokes on you if you're a grafter!
There are no bonuses or incentives. There's talk of incentives, but even if you win....(as a store, there's nothing individual!) you won't even see them.

If you're just looking for a casual job, that requires little effort, with nothing in return, you probably won't mind working at Superdry,

If you are looking for something that you can progress in and be productive with your time, don't bother! This is not the place.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Terrible Managment
Fab place to work for students, great rate of pay
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bath27 November 2017
great pay and benefits e.g uniform allowance and discount
good holiday pay and sick pay (though hard to get holiday at any time in summer or Christmas)
lovely people to work for - made a lot of good friends
would be easy to balance with a degree that is only a few hours a week
Pros
amazing pay
Cons
long hours if on certain contracts
Good experience gained
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bicester Village13 November 2017
A typical day at work consists of tidying up and serving customers. Till work, product knowledge and communication skills are mostly the best experience gained. Management are considerate but can also change and therefore provide less of a good experience at work. Very sociable place to work at, but hours can be long and tedious especially when it is busy.
Pros
good pay, training provided, sociable
Cons
long hours, boring, repetitive, customers
great people to work with, not much progression
Outlet Allocator (Former Employee) –  Cheltenham24 October 2017
great people to work with, great social side to the job too. one bad manager spoilt the place but they have since been sacked.so i have heard its much better
Pros
people
Cons
pay, progression
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Manchester24 October 2017
Great place to work. Rewarded for great work by the company. Progression offered. Enjoyable atmosphere to work in. Family feeling with colleagues (part of a team)
Best job so far
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dorset13 October 2017
Everything from the people to atmosphere, decent pay and good vibe all around. Uniform allowance is decent, management is pretty good, holiday can be hard to get off but I hear in different shops its more laid back.
Pros
people, place, pay
Cons
management can be unorganised and dont listen
Great colleagues, management is poor
General (Former Employee) –  Cheltenham, Gloucestershire23 September 2017
It's a fun company to work for but leaves a lot to be desired from management, opportunity to progress is limited, salary is static and bonuses are reserved for higher management only.
Bully management
Deputy Manager (Former Employee) –  Bromley, Greater London30 August 2017
Bully management style with extremely poor organisation from head office. I was told my position was no longer required after 2 years employment because I wouldn't fraudulently create HR documents to allow other staff members to be fired.
Pros
uniform allowance
Cons
expected to work for free after being verbully abused by seniors
friendly place to work
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ashford11 August 2017
close knit family like atmosphere, management can be difficult at times, but the people you work with make it worth coming in for, easy to build close friendships.
Fun place to work, Lack of Progression.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool10 August 2017
SuperGroup was a fun environment for a person to work. That being said however, the lack of advancement opportunities Killed the drive I had to work there. It bred a friendly atmosphere and the ability to gain friendships. There was a lack of training to help further a career, which would often see the staff remain in a stagnant case of going nowhere.
Best Retail Company to work for
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Windsor, Berkshire20 July 2017
I worked for Supergroup for just under 4 years and progressed from part time sales assistant to Supervisor in just over 1 year. They train you and give you any possible opportunity. The company's ethics and views are unlike any other company I've seen. They reward their staff well and will support you no matter what. I found the hardest part of my job was working far away from home and having to travel. If it was not for this, I would have more than likely stayed with them. Because of them, when I left, I did not want to go to another retail company as I did not feel like I would find another company like them.
Terrible management
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire27 June 2017
SuperDry comes with great corporation benefits. Such as, great clothing allowance and good salary and holiday allowance. But management is terrible and nonetheless bias. I was dismissed on what I would consider bias grounds and they failed to reimburse me on my sustained holiday pay.

I think this may be subjective to the Milton Keynes branch. The corporation in general is well-organised, a good mix of work / social activities and a very generous clothing allowance. However, the management in Milton Keynes and the types of individuals nonetheless correspond with lazy, unenthusiastic and bias attributes, ruining the experience I sustained there.
Pros
Clothing allowance, salary
Cons
Minimal breaks, bad management and too demanding
Fun, fresh and funky company
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Canterbury, Kent26 June 2017
I have worked at two different stores and both have always encouraged me to be myself and be original. A typical day in the workplace is assisting customers, maintaining standards and indulging yourself into the brand and new trends.
Management have always been friendly and reliable with shift swifts and holiday requests. They will always try their hardest to please everyone, no matter how long or new you are to the company.
The hardest part of the job is during Christmas when customers are at their peak and the company are at their busiest. The company always try to make the holiday season fun by have daily Christmas related tasks (which include prizes) and incentives for the stores as a whole.
The most enjoyable part of the job is that you get two uniform allowances per year (spring and summer) and (autumn and winter). The amount of allowance you get is dependent on how many hours you work, but who cares, it's free clothes! You get 50% off clothes all year round and lunch breaks are always decent but unpaid, which is fair enough.
Pros
Uniform allowance, 50% off clothes all year round, no constant pressure to beat targets
Cons
Random shift changes at times without notice, shifts can seem long and boring
Productive, creative and an enjoyable workplace to be
Flexible worker (Former Employee) –  Cheltenham26 June 2017
During my stay at Superdry I had enjoyed encountering challenges given to the team and the opportunities that were given to develop my skills further.
very enjoyable work environment and fun job culture
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Regent street20 June 2017
An environment that allows you to flourish through your natural abilities, also enabling you to be challenged at the same time. Overall, a fun and enjoyable brand that celebrates individuality at its core.
productive and fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester15 June 2017
great staff and management, always room for gaining more skills and having advances such as rewards for doing well. Work feels fun and less like a chore, and meeting new people every day in work is also great fun.
Great company to work for
Senior Visual Merchandising Manager (Former Employee) –  Meadowhall, South Yorkshire12 June 2017
I loved my experience with Superdry, they are a very supportive company and have lots of flexibility in job roles for staff to try.
i would recommend this company.
Pros
staff discount
A Lovely Group of people to work with and learn from
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Cheltenham, Gloucestershire2 June 2017
I loved my time working with supergroup, they have taught me so much and I would love the opportunity to work with them again in the future. Everyone was friendly and enjoyed being there.
Pros
very good discounts
Potentially fun job, but very unrewarding
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim31 May 2017
Typical day would be 10hrs long with 1hr lunch break. First day is tutorial and talk about the company, their payment scheme and how to progress to higher positions. Management is alright, the manager I saw was quite pleasant. Cannot comment on the workplace culture.
Hardest part of the job is convincing potential customers, most enjoyable are the coworkers, as the atmosphere is always pretty laid back
Pros
Friendly Management
Cons
Pyramid Scheme

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SUPERDRY. Our community is ready to answer.