Superdrug Employee Reviews

Left to get on with it
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  North east Northumberland22 February 2018
Worked in this store for over eight years at first it was a fun place to work
Then staff left and were not replaced placing more stress on the staff that were left
Maagment were never on the shop floor leaving you alone often for over an hour
Bells were ignored and customers were waiting to be seen which made you feel awful
Defiantly not customer focused
Pressured to sell star buys at the checkout
Staff morale was 0
Pros
Staff discount 30%
Cons
Rotas changed without being consulted
Chilled Out
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Wimbledon, Greater London18 February 2018
The environment at Superdrug is lovely and there is also a good balance between work and personal life. Though there are some things that could be fixed.
it was ok
Senior Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London16 February 2018
I was a senior sales assistant at Superdrug's, Superdrug was my first job I started off as a normal sales assistant, stocking shelf's, on till, dealing with queries and complaints, reporting back to my manager.

after working for a year I got promoted as a senior sales assistant, I would start my shift at 9am and finish at 6pm. I would make sure all stocks are correct according to stock sheet and complete rota and annual leave for the staff.

the hardest part of the job was (nothing)

the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting different people from different background, had a very good team.
Cons
Can be fun, ok management.
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Lewisham, Greater London15 February 2018
Overall Superdrug is nice to work for. The team I worked with was nice but I’ve been to other Superdrug’s and it can be different depending on the store. They like to higher young people (16-21) so the pay is less. This leads to what can be a constant cycle of new people every few months. This can be difficult to adjust to but as I said before everyone was nice that I worked with. I never had a problem with management other than that they can sometimes become a little over reliant on specific members of staff. The pay is decent provided that your over 21. There also isn’t much difference in pay between a sales advisor and a team leader. If you want to progress and have the extra responsibility go for it but if this is a stepping stone sales advisor pay is enough in comparison to a team leader.
Pros
Nice colleagues, nice atmosphere.
Cons
Rota’s weren’t up in due time, very pushy about targets.
4 hour contracts
Beauty Therapist (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff13 February 2018
Everyone works 4 hours a week. Turn over is high. No training provided. Supervisors / key holders paid just 50p more than the staff who stand around all day talking / doing no work.
Pros
lots of time off
Cons
4 hour contracts
its a easy job to do
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Luton13 February 2018
i used to come in go to lockers put my jacket and bag in locker lock it then go scan my finger if light goes red get searched if it goes green go in now get head set and scanner and sign in then get trolley plastic tub and go were head set tells you pick what head set tells you how much it tells you 1s tub is full close it tie rap it and put it in ilea for fork truck to take it its a very easy job.
Pros
take lunch and 15 mins when ever you like
Cons
loads of walking around
Productive work environment
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London8 February 2018
At my branch, we are a small efficient team of which all colleagues know each other on a first name basis. Management is flexible and understanding at times, allowing the shop floor workers to feel comfortable in their surroundings, thus allowing us to give customers the best possible service we could offer. This showed me that when all staff have a sense of compromise, working in retail is nowhere near as stressful as it can be. As I am quite happy in my role the hardest part of the job would simply be the commute, which isn't a long journey, but its mau=inly due to the fact that I am respected and feel like a valued member of a working unit.
Fun hard place to work
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  Blackpool, Lancashire5 February 2018
Superdrug is very noticeable its very well known store, my review would be that it has everything you need material wise e.g make-up, perfumes, creams and others i think it is highly overrated and its quiet pricey some people might think its to expensive compared to other shops. The experience i got from there was how to greet the customers and help them needed.
Pros
right amount of lunchtime
Cons
longer hours
this was very productive i learnt a lot and helped me see a lot of things in life and what i want to be doing with my life.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London East, Greater London4 February 2018
I am very keen to learn new skills and am always able to take feedback on board to improve my work. During my job working as a shop assistant, I was required to swiftly pick up a range of skills from my mentor, including: communicating with the customer; making shelves look presentable for customers; cleaning the place for customers. My employer remarked upon my ability to listen carefully to the instructions I was given and perform them first time. I have an excellent work ethic.
Pros
help me understand about the work i have to overcome and the things i have to do when i am working
Cons
Flexible hours and good management
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Leeds4 February 2018
Management is always willing to listen to you if you're unhappy with your hours, and as long as you stay productive on the shop floor, socialisation with your coworkers isn't punished so that you can still have fun at work. Easy job to pick up and the wage is above minimum. Good staff discounts too.
Quiet and boring
Nail technician (Former Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim4 February 2018
I worked as a nail technician for superdrug was lied to by management about the hourly rate, told between £8-9 per hr and I was on minimum wage not even the rate advertised in job advert. No communication between nail techs which made it hard to know what has happening after you'd been off for a day or so. The only good thing I can possibly say about this job is the training is good but you could find similar courses closer to home without having to travel to London etc
Pros
Staff Discount
Fun Workplace
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Camberley2 February 2018
Employees were easy to work with. They took pride in their work and tried to give customers the best experience possible. Mangers were easy to talk to.
Productive and fun workplace
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Prestwich, Greater Manchester1 February 2018
Very calm and enjoyable place to work, enjoyed working with a team and getting to learn about all the different products that we sell, dealing with customers and making sure they all left the store happy and with what they came for
Horrible work place and management
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  England1 February 2018
Horrible place to work, management treat you like you are dirt and they cut your hours. Manager doesn't pull their weight around the store at all. Most of the staff there are two faced making it just a stressful and horrible environment, I do not recommend this workplace at all.
I also don't get many breaks even when working 6+ hour shifts.
Pros
No pros
Cons
hardly any breaks, horrible manager, customers are rude
Company is up to date and moving forward, pay is low and job made harder by lack of hours to run the store
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  manachester30 January 2018
I worked with some of the best store managers, colleagues and team leaders ever in this job.
issues are (like in most retail jobs) lack of labour budget
This effects store and colleague security it is so low.
The pay is minimum wage. as a colleague you are expected to be flexible across the week when you might be on as little as a 4 hour contract
as a manager you are paid for 39 hours per week yet might work above 50 hours, all because you do not have the budget to bring in the staff.
Pros
10% branded 30% own brand discount
Cons
low pay/long hours
Eh!
McDonalds Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Dunstable, Bedfordshire30 January 2018
It was just standard just how think working in a warehouse is like, targets, targets and more targets, If you can live by targets I think this is the job for you.
Very good
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton25 January 2018
I went there for work experience it was very good for me because I learnt how to deal with customers and I learned how to work as a team. I also learnt how to use the till and serve customers and have friendly conversations.
no comment
Sales Assistant/ team leader (Current Employee) –  Somerset22 January 2018
Worked for the company over 11 yrs .

It's a ok place but they expect you too work extra hours for free, and have targets' too get every day.

Keep cutting budgets and minimal staff...
Pros
30% of Superdrug products
lovely place to work
Cosmetic Consultant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London22 January 2018
really nice place to work and is always filled with laughs. only reason im looking to leave as i need full time hours. Lovely staff and management is good.
Pros
discount
Cons
low contract hours
Overall - good experience
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Essex22 January 2018
Recruitment team are superb.
Training and Development opportunities good.
Long hours are expected despite being paid for 39.
Good benefits, 30 per cent on own brand and exclusive products. 10 per cent on all other branded goods.
Pros
30% discount on GOBE products
Cons
long hours, no Saturdays off unless holiday

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Superdrug. Our community is ready to answer.