Superdrug Employee Reviews

workplace and product
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kilburn Park Station7 December 2017
My first day it was no easy and try to do the best to help the customer to get the product and to advice them to buy as well.

I was so happy to meet a different people and leant new things. I really enjoyed because I met a new people, I leant more and get more experience.
Pros
free present
Cons
more hours
Working at Superdrug was a learning experience for me.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Barking, Greater London2 December 2017
I worked at Superdrug for a week as a part of my work experience in 2016. Working at Superdrug was an experience that I am grateful for. I was able to practice my communal skills as well as practicing my professional skills, whiles being easy to approach, for customers.
Unprofessional managers
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London29 November 2017
I have had the opportunity to work for superdrug and i made a lot of friends there but management was poor and biased. They were unprofessional and rude and only favoured certain staff.
Cons
short hours, low shifts
friendly workers
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire29 November 2017
Work experience over all was quite tiring and repetitive as i would be doing the same thing everyday. but it built my confidence and made me see work in a better light.
Pros
long lunch
Productive workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Finchley28 November 2017
On a typical day of work I would need to show high levels of customer service skills, responsible for making sure the shop looked presentable, and I was trusted to deal with all stock.
My opinion
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Durham28 November 2017
Overall a nice place to work however the management is quite unorganised and also the management make other staff feel as though they have preferred people.
Pros
Friendly team leaders
Cons
The shifts are quite awkward, as they areually during the day which limits opportunities of going out.
Active
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London27 November 2017
I was their for work experience and it required me to be present at 8 o clock and put up displays and make sure that stock where full. overall great experience and lovely staff
Pros
Friendly employees
Ok - if youre a student
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Somerset26 November 2017
This job would be fine if you are studying and need it part-time. I would not recommend this job for a full-time role. Management do not really know what they are doing and expect everything but pay the minimum for it.
It has a great atmosphere
Team Leader/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, Lincolnshire24 November 2017
I was new to Superdrug and the retail industry starting out as a sales advisor but my goal was to become team leader and I felt in that environment that I could achieve that goal.
Pros
Flexable hours
Loved my two week work experience there
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Thetford23 November 2017
I'm the kind of person that loves makeup and organising. So this work experience was a great fit. I got up in the morning feeling great and once I got to work and got stuck in a loop hole of stocking up the shelves and organising the stock room, the time would just fly by.
Pros
Great colleagues and really nice manager
Lovely but tedious
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  York21 November 2017
I loved working here due to the nice customers and fairly easy money. However nasty customers can get you down, hours can be terrible and pay is awful. Sometimes I did a 4 hour shift, and was paid around 16 pound, and a return bus ticket cost £4. Generally though the atmosphere of the staff and shop was good. Also, i understand security etc but sometimes we got 15 minute breaks and had to buy food in store and the queues would 10 ten minutes and we werent told we could have an extra ten, so I'd rush and basically have 2 minutes sit down over 6 hours.
Pros
Discount and pleasant collegues
Cons
Short hours. Low pay and short breaks
nice people, poor management
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  london putney20 November 2017
Other sales advisors were very friendly and welcoming, the manager was not very good at her job a lot of people left after their first day of working due to her poor management.
Pros
discount card
Cons
poor management
A good place to start if you are unfamiliar with retail work
Store Assistant (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  London16 November 2017
Superdrug is a place where you can start working in retail if you are unfamiliar with work and do not want to be overwhelmed by giants such as Sainsburys. The people are generally very nice and supportive if you are new; in my experience, even though I came in with no previous references, people were willing to show me the ropes and looked like they were genuinely wanting to be helpful as supposed to just having to do it as part of their duty. It is heart warming and I would definitely recommend trying to apply for a place at the Superdrug near you if you are looking for friendly people and enjoyable work.
Pros
Flexible Hours and Generous Breaks
Cons
Manual Work
Bad management and intense environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London16 November 2017
As a sales assistant, my job consisted of standing for 6 hours in the aisles and asking if anyone needs help, and people asking me for help. The store I was personally situated in was freezing cold with broken heating, making it an uncomfortable environment for me to work in. My shifts ended at 11pm, but frequently staff higher up than me would have me stay later to tidy up more. It was not a tight knit environment between employees and often was very stressful. Lunch break was also only 15 minutes and the office was minuscule, with one seat between 6+ staff members.
very quiet
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Durham16 November 2017
at the time, the management didn't know what they were doing and it was a bit of a shambles, the shop was always quiet. however the people were good to work with
It is okay if you are not in education
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Basingstoke, Hampshire15 November 2017
Superdrug is a fun job if you are working with the right people and the right management, its helped me earn a lot of work experience and the discount benefits are amazing however they try to take over your life with the job.
Pros
Discounts, free gifts if you've been working hard
Cons
Makes you feel as if you can't call in sick, unnecessary disciplinaries
Decent
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London15 November 2017
Very hard work for very little pay.
Not many opportunities to exceed in this company.
So much pressure where targets are concerned.
Not a good place to work in, in terms of salary.
Pros
You can wear your own uniform as long as it's black
Cons
less wage
Mixed experience
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, Essex15 November 2017
Hardest part of job: was given "training" online and thrown into the deep end. One lesson learned was never let someone make you feel worthless because they think they are untouchable as a manager. Enjoyable part of job: was getting to meet new people and having some very nice customers. Would have been a very enjoyable job under different circumstances.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Inadequate training
Steady Job
Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Guildford, Surrey9 November 2017
A typical day consists of usually the same task's - nothing difficult can just become a bit dull after time. But the staff and management are lovely. Good hours and a good job to work in if you like customer service.
Work environment was ok
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London7 November 2017
Typical work day involved price and product replenishing, monitoring shop floor and operating till. The Job was ok, learnt how to work efficiently independently as well as within a team.
Pros
Store discount
Cons
Heavy work load

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Superdrug. Our community is ready to answer.