Stockport NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

Stressful, understaffed unqualified management
Theatre Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stockport, Greater Manchester19 June 2017
The managers at stepping hill are nurses not managers. They don't know how to man manage people and moral is at an all time low. They need a mix of managers and nurses to run certain departments.
Pros
Cons
Long hours. Low pay. No advancement for band 2's. unrealistic managers.
Nice friendly trust
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Stepping Hill19 April 2017
Had all placements at stepping hill, excellent care seen on all placements and good morale.
Love my current job at stepping hill.
Staffing has of course been an issue, as with most nursing areas. This is improving currently on my area.

I would recommend working at Stepping Hill. They support you thoroughly to progress in your carreer.
Pros
Friendly trust, career progression supported
Poor Staff management
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Stockport, Greater Manchesterp4 April 2017
Old style management and very dated with its procedures and systems. Unsupportive to its staff. Very much if your face fits culture, and everyone is out for themselves so you find very little support from your colleagues you work along side. Hardworking staff get over looked and are always expected to do more "as you are so efficient" Worked in many trust Stockport has to be the worst
Pros
Going Home
Cons
Environment
District Nursing.
District Nurse Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Manchester2 April 2017
Although very demanding, I thoroughly enjoyed my role as a district nurse team leader.
I had a fantastic team and was fully supported by my line managers.
Good environment
Supervisor Estates & Facilities Directorate (Current Employee) –  Stockport, Greater Manchester6 January 2017
Great place to work but sometimes it can be frustrating and stressful. The cost cutting and drive to same money within the NHS is putting so much pressure on the work force especially Emergency Department.

Management needs to do more to stamp out racial issues within the organisation.
Pros
Team spirit
Cons
Car parking issues and charges.
does not support its staff
Administration (Former Employee) –  Stockport, Greater Manchester10 December 2016
Cottage industry. If your face doesn't fit, forget it. Management very poor in the way they treat staff and bullying doesn't seem to be dealt with
Pros
flexi time
Cons
you have to work hard as you end up carrying the lazy people, Mangement dont want to hear any complaints and certainly wont do anything about bullying
Busy and fast paced enviroment.
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Emergency Department1 August 2016
Working within the Emergency Department work life would often be hectic and full of challenges. Over the last four years I have gained a lot of experience and training in a wide range of different things. Training in wound care and plastering down to tracheostomy care and major incident training. As a decontamination unit we would sometimes receive patients with possible infectious diseases. It is a very exciting place to work and some amazing people will be there to support you.
Pros
NHS discounts 50% at dominoes or one example!
Cons
parking can be a problem if not starting early or on nights. good public transport links though.
Department dependant
Assistant Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Ashton-Under-Lyne23 March 2016
Job security but each department comes under different management, naturally these vary greatly. Staff levels in most teams are way under what is required. Skill sets are department/ team specific
Pros
Holidays, Pension
Cons
Long Hours, short staffed
Supportive and CPD excellent
registered nurse (Current Employee) –  Stockport,15 January 2016
I have worked for the trust for the past 10 years upon first qualifying as a nurse in 2006, throughout my time there I have had the opportunity to gain a vast amount of experience and skills. I feel I have always been supported throughout my time with the trust, however, I would like to venture into a different area of nursing following 10 years in the operating theatre environment.
Pros
Supportive environment
Cons
Staffing

Want to know more about Stockport NHS Foundation Trust?

Ask a question