Stagecoach Group Employee Reviews

productive and fun
Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Perth, Perth and Kinross16 February 2018
inbound/outbound call handling on daily basis. data entry and dealing with any customer quieries and complaints. learned a lot about marketing and structure of company.i also compiled reports for senior management which highlighted weekly and monthly stats and figures. this was produced using an art software package.

management within stagecoach was excellent. staff very caring and sympathetic to team members specific needs and requirements. managers and team leaders were always on hand should support and guidance be needed. worked within a small team, which was highly beneficial as we developed a strong team bond.

the most enjoyable part of my job was knowing I went the extra mile for each customer and providing excellent customer service at all times.
Pros
free travel
Cons
poor pay
Good if you have no family
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Dunfermline, Fife4 February 2018
Not a good job if you have a family. Long hours and terrible pay. Same passengers day in and day out. When you first start they take the monkey out of you and change all your shifts about. Even after you get on a Rota then they try to put you up for overtime without telling you then complain when you don't show up.
Don`t apply
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  South Shields, Tyne and Wear2 February 2018
Long hours sitting in a bus, rubbish breaks.
Management will sack you for anything.
CCTV only work if your in the wrong, broke if you`ve done nothing wrong.
They moan if you radio them, telling them you need the loo, passengers are always moaning even when your on time.
Pros
Drivers are a good bunch of lads
Cons
Don't work for this company
Driver (Current Employee) –  Humberside22 January 2018
This is the worst job I have ever worked. The management are a joke. They look after each other and don't give a hoot about the drivers. This is a company that pays £2000+ on training you up then once your in try their hardest to sack you. You work all hrs and weekends and overtime and yet you get no bonus. Just a normal flat rate. I could go on but basically the management is a joke. It's like being back at school. also if your takings are down at the end of the week they take the shorts out your wages. Only work for this company if you're really desperate
Pros
You go home
Cons
Take money out your wages if your short at the end of week
Rubbish bus company
Trainee Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Worksop, Nottinghamshire21 January 2018
Once you are in try to get you out when we did training didnt do much was handing lefelets out instead .manager an absolute idiot who wants sacking rubbish company to learn to drive with go with first dont work with these unless you want to be left out of work
Pros
Cons
Rubbish training
Awful
PCV Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Blackwood, Caerphilly15 January 2018
Still work here need new job ASAP manager treats you like rubbishthey don’t care displined for everything. Unocial hours not enough pay stay away guys. Plus u very rarely get the day of they can ask u for anything and kick u when u down u much never be ill okay either way u can be on ur death bed and they will sill desapline u for it... they got a rolling recruitment ask u self this why would a good company need a rolling recruitment il tell u why carnt keep the staff
Pros
Bus pass
Cons
unsocial hours
Work environment
Bus Operator (Current Employee) –  WESTHAM EAST LONDON15 January 2018
I have worked almost eighteen years and have really enjoyed my time with the company , work colleagues and management there has been a fantastic relationship with other staff members.
The hardest part is when you do not have the support of management involving the public and of course the most enjoyable is been rewarded for doing your job.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Longer hours of work
hmmmm
PCV Driver (Former Employee) –  Cumbernauld11 January 2018
if you like repetive boring service work then this is the company for you but if you want to progress and see the country this is not the company for you
Good company
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester5 January 2018
You have to get use to shift pattens going from very early starts then late finishs The wage was good there are good opportunity for overtime if needed 28 holidays per year
Shocking place to work.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Wigan, Greater Manchester27 December 2017
If you want no life.
Work 10hrs at least per day.
Pestered on your days off.
Dragged into the office for very minimal things.
Constantly watched.
Punished for being sick.
Then this is just the job for you. From the minute you start it's like they are gunning for you. Out to get you for every little thing. Please don't work here if you can help it it's not a very nice experience at all. It will send your stress levels through the roof. They have turned what used to be an enjoyable job into a nightmare.
Pros
You will get to go home eventually
Cons
To many to mention
I was not happy
Driver (Former Employee) –  Gloucestershire26 December 2017
It was good I was happy and enjoyed working for them I loved my job I was very happy in the job and love driving,I am very good with customer and in general , an very helpful ,I was whit bus company over 12 months
Terrible workplace
Driver trainee (Former Employee) –  Northampro22 December 2017
I joined stagecoach on November 20th 2017. The first week of training was good but after that it was horrible. The instructor who trained me was a rude man that quite frankly didn't didn't care about my training. I am truly unhappy with the training department.
very petty to work for
PCV Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  East Midlands16 December 2017
the job pays quite well. thats the good bit. the rest is bad. stagecoach make an easy job almost impossible.they watch and moniter you like a hawk its as if they want to trip you up, they certainly dont want to make life easy for you.
the management make mistakes left right and centre and lie through their teeth to cover it up.
it is always twisted round to blame the driver. they like nothing more than to drag you in the office to their kangaroo court!.
its very funny when the driver is guilty the cctv works perfect. when the driver is innocent the cctv was faulty!
they expect you to cover on your rest days at short notice and almost bullly you into working. if your on a day off they will phone you as early as 5 am and wake you up only option is to turn your phone off.
if your desperate for a job give it a go if your working somewhere else then stay put because im sure you will regret it if you move to stagecoach.
Pros
reasonable wage.
Cons
management
Terrible job no life away from work
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Cumbria15 December 2017
A really awful job which offers no time away from work, almost impossible to spend time with family as you almost have to beg for a day off work.

Expected to work overtime and will be punished if you dont. Revenue inspectors out to sack everyone and pink discipline slips handed out for nothing. Drivers receive no back up against complaints. Avoid at all costs
Pros
Cons
No work life balance. Impossible to get days off
Former bus Driver Rawmarsh
Driver (Former Employee) –  Rawmarsh11 December 2017
The best part of the job is the drivers you work with, it's not a bad job but you can forget about your social life with the shifts you do. I would say majority of the public treat you like dirt on their shoes they're rude talk down to you and some are threatening. At this particular depot the management are horrendous drivers were always in the wrong no matter what. I put a lieu day in for a friends funeral which got rejected so I took it off unpaid and was threatened with a disciplinary.
Pros
Other drivers were great
Cons
Bad management, no social life putting up with the great British public!
Management is a joke.
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Cambridge5 December 2017
Let's be quite clear here, the job is mostly fun, easy and reasonably well paid. The other drivers are a good bunch on the whole which would make for a pleasant working environment if it were not for one thing. MANAGEMENT (or lack of it). The managers and supervisors seem to go out of their way to blame drivers for anything at every conceivable opportunity! Duties are regularly changed at very short notice without the driver being informed. You could arrive for what you thought was your rostered duty only to discover either you're late or not due to start for four hours.
I could go on but I think you get the message ;)
Pros
Good training and free travel
Cons
Poor managers and admin.
Slave Coach
Driver (Former Employee) –  Barnsley, South Yorkshire3 December 2017
Awful company, they take but never give, it’s all their way or no way. The shifts are ridiculous, how you are expected to transport people safely when you are this tired is beyond me. The managers are terrible, the buses are ok. Expect no end of problems if you have the gall to complain about anything. Managed just over a Month before I walked out in disgust.
Pros
Cons
Bad management, ridiculous shifts.
Good workforce
PSV Driver (Current Employee) –  Blackwood, Caerphilly21 November 2017
Very long hours no social life some customers are ok but a lot will report you for silly things management is all messed up but need sorting out but new company directors might make a difference workplace shifts need sorting out we just been told we getting new Fourty hour rosta but it's looking like a 48 your rosta hard part of job working 5, hours 30 minutes without a break mostly enjoyed are early finish but that getting less weekend off every 8 week very bad social life
Pros
Free bus pass
Cons
Very long hours
driving side a good experience, but management poor
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Barnsley, South Yorkshire17 November 2017
Driving side is improving with new buses
Good set of Drivers and work colleagues, Driving side
No backing from management when complaints are made
Management treat drivers badly
Pros
free bus travel
Cons
management expecting drivers to work 50+ hours a week
i have enjoyed working on the busses but time for a change
bus driver (Current Employee) –  grimsby15 November 2017
good to work for enjoyed my time there but time for achange
and I want to do something different. as I have been dealing with the public for a long time and I like different challeng

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stagecoach Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5