Sopra Steria Employee Reviews

Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Manchester Central4 November 2017
I really enjoy working at Sopra Steria. Great people who are very motivated, talented and hard working. I enjoy the freedom and support that I have been given.
Very bad experience - not a professional work environement
Defect Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnersh23 October 2017
Very bad experience - not a professional work environment, no work culture, no management governance and controls, no transparency, no job - work/ life balance.
Excellent
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh16 October 2017
I am Happy working in Sopra steria and its is an excellent environment to work with people. Flexible team and lots of benefits for employees. Workplace was amazing and lots of opportunities to lear new technologies.
Not fun
Passport Officer (Current Employee) –  Liverpool17 August 2017
Really easy job to be fair but poorly run the company as a whole didn't do anything to try and keep staff happy and work days were long and boring and the way they treat agency staff is wrong.
Pros
Christmas work night out
Cons
Long days very boring
Not delivering the promise from points taken from interview
Computer Engineer (Former Employee) –  London2 August 2017
Supposed to work around your home, but instead made to drive to London each day with your own car, fuel and use of your phone, repairing Dell computer. All motherboards were supposed to be new but most were dead, so replacing with a dead board, which again had to fit the customers faulty board, doubling the time on site, unable to make money so left job
Pros
Working for Dell.
Cons
Long hours, working away from home, being lied to
Productive work place
PCT Test Analyst (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London18 July 2017
Overall good experience of working for Sopra Steria. Management is very helpful and flexible. Learned quite a few skills and it did asked long hours due to the work involved. Great team work with whom I worked.
Pros
Flexi working
Cons
Long Hours
Overworked underpaid
Service Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Warrington17 July 2017
Would you like to get paid terribly and be overworked at the same time.
It's an in joke that there is no Money left in the Pot for any sort of pay increase.
You could train a monkey to do most of the work.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the colleagues, if you're on a decent team you can tolerate it, but beware of all the brown nosing.
Pros
Cons
Low Pay, Overworked and Management don't care
Not a good experience
Letter Sorter (Former Employee) –  tingley7 June 2017
As part of the job I had to walk around the office gathering letters the other staff members had completed. After working hard for 4 days, received a phone call after I got home from work telling me not to come back to work the next day without an explanation. Till this day I have not received an explanation for this and would not recommend this company to anyone.
Variety of posts
Postroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, UK12 May 2017
The role within the post room can be varied. It can be from sorting post, opening it, scanning it or returning it.There is scope to learn new things and new tasks.
Pros
On site canteen
Cons
Poor salary
Good Overall Work Experience.
Work Experience Student (Former Employee) –  Welling, Greater London14 March 2017
I learnt what it was like to be able to work in an office and see how Steria manage computer servers all around the local area, they took me into different areas of their company such as the servers room and the help desk room where I could see first-hand what they were dealing with day in day out. I also went out on site to set up new upgraded computer in the civic offices
Pros
Interesting as a whole, never bored.
Flexible working
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Various21 February 2017
Enjoyed working here on the whole, however looking for some more skills and responsibility to push myself

Currently I am working on the SSCL project which I have enjoyed, it has its fair emount of challenges but it is rewarding once completed
Pros
Flexible working
Cons
Not enough recognition
Productive with full benefits eg pension and medical cover
Process Officer (Former Employee) –  Chatham, Kent16 February 2017
Scanning and filing confidential data
Sending personal data back to clients
Sorting post
Learn about council and benefits
24 hour turn over to complete work
Full pension and medical cover as benefits
Working within the local council
Good Work Balance
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire6 February 2017
Very good Company to work for, in terms of Culture.

There is a constant review of my deliverable so essential feedback is given.

There is an atmosphere of learning new skills
Enjoyable and rewarding place to work
Data Entry Administrator (Former Employee) –  Newport2 February 2017
Very rewarding. Great place to work and all colleagues were very helpful. Great location and close to home. Made commuting quite easy
Business Intelligence Consultant (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh26 January 2017
This is a company that invest in their staff. They offer the opportunity to become certified in whatever toolset or practice the consultant is working in. I thoroughly enjoyed my short time here and would recommend them
Pros
Free coffee and treats, good training and certification, reasonably well paid
Cons
Sometimes the hours can be long due to travel
Great Job
Project Manager (Contract) (Former Employee) –  South West26 January 2017
I worked for Sopra Steria as a self employed Project Manager on their defence account and enjoyed my time. The work was challenging and unfortunately ended prematurely because of client side budget issues. However, all very enjoyable.
Working at Sopra Steria
Analyst (Current Employee) –  UK16 January 2017
Good company with good benefits and a decent amount of room to explore different roles but there is some room for improvement to the company culture at the local level to be more open, honest and inclusive.
Pros
Good Benifits. Good opportunities to try different roles.
Cons
Challenges with career progression. Some issues with local company culture.
Highly professional
Service Manager/ Test Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire20 December 2016
Steria is a highly professional IT company determined to be a leading company in its field. the company provides opportunities to grow within.
SAP BI Lead Consultant
SAP BI Lead Consultant (Former Employee) –  London, ENG26 January 2016
I worked with steria for little more than 5 years. this was the best work experience I had with them. It was fully learning experience. Company helps me to learn new technologies , leading and management skills.

Great and friendly management and work culture.I would love to work with them again if I ever get a chance.
Systems Analyst Programmer, Xansa (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, ENG27 November 2015
Although much of the development work was done off-shore, the work load was varied in the past 5 or so years.

We had a great team based on the Royal Mail Account, with the opportunities to work on other accounts such as Boots.

The hardest part of leaving Sopra Steria, is leaving my colleagues behind both in Sopra Steria and Royal Mail. After 23 years service, I (as you can imagine) made many friends.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sopra Steria. Our community is ready to answer.