SOMERSET CARE Employee Reviews

Not very organised
Short staffed at times
Extra loads
No support
No very nice environment to work on
Place can be ok with good team members
person centered
Night Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Wareham, Dorset25 October 2017
Working as part of a small team where clients are on a 1:1 basis providing care and support with every aspect of daily living. management are supportive
Don’t go there
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Somerst22 October 2017
As long as you don’t mind being badgered into picking up extra shifts and calls it’s the job for you. Higher management don’t care about staff. Chop and change your hours. Pay higher if you look after private clients low pay if you look after social funded clients it’s all about the private did now throwing money at it and getting no return.
Have made the company a 2 tier carer system and make carers feel they are not good enough to be on equal pay. Do the same job have loads more experience but still company feel they should pay more to inexperienced carer just because they look after private paying clients. Awful company to work gor
Pros
Cons
Long hours constant phone calls
Friendly
Senior Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Burnham-on-Sea, Somerset11 October 2017
Enjoyed my time here. Love being in the care industry and they have taken care of me since I started 7 years ago, will be a shame to leave but it's time I did
Loved working here
Night Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cheddar, Somerset21 August 2017
Great challenge working within the petals dementia unit, no 2 days the same, great staff, great opportunities to progress in your career, but always understaffed and being pressured into working lots of extra hours
Pros
friendly clean care home
Cons
understaffed
Somerset care
Community Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Taunton, Somerset18 August 2017
Be carefull what you sign for ask to see the contract first, they like to get you to sign documents in front of them before you have the chance to read and undertstand them, look at what you get paid for mileage as what they pay you is as the crow flies ( that is they pay you per mile in a straight line), you also pay for your clothing which they deduct from your final pay, they pay you for each client not the hours that you sit around waiting and their training is laughable, they give you a next day job sheet which may as well go in the bin, so please I didnt stay very long.
Pros
Most of the clients are lovely
Cons
EVERYTHING except the clients
Friendly
Social Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Havant, Hampshire2 August 2017
Lovely clients but no so good communication at the office end. Had every weekend off so I could spend time with my family. It's alway nice to just walk into a property and feel welcome. The smile on the clients faces was amazing making me feel warm inside.
Pros
Not having to work weekends
Cons
Friendly and fun setting to work in
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wellington, Somerset10 July 2017
I absolutely love working for somerset care, I've learnt so much and still learning new things everyday. I am always up for a challenge and working in care is certainly challenging at times but working with such a great team really helps. My favourite part of my job is to interact with the service users, just listening to them makes a big difference to their day it also builds their trust up with you.
Somerset care
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Wells, Somerset5 July 2017
Somerset care is a great organization that has great training benefits And try their best to strive for excellence. All staff are offered the chance to follow up on their level 2 in care and are supported to become good care assistances improving dignity and care.
Pros
Good training opportunity, scope to develop to senior roles.
Cons
Once at supervisor level not room to develop to further your experience.
Not a caring company
Care Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Bridgwater4 June 2017
The work itself is very rewarding, training short but can get you by.
Management absolutely useless, do not listen to the staff or help solve problems. Always asking you to help on days off. Also they seem to turn a blind eye to bullying among staff.
Pros
Pay
Cons
work is really enjoyable, shame about the office
care support worker (Current Employee) –  Ilminster, Somerset30 May 2017
Everyone is very friendly, and going out working in the community is very rewarding. However, the office and management is not always very organised.
Shifts can be spread out, meaning you are working 5-10, however you only get paid for care work (when you are in the service users house) and sometimes that is only 3/4 hours pay.
I really enjoy my job, however the office try and make you do long and extra hours and get you driving anywhere and everywhere
Great Place to Work. Great Team Culture
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Field Based9 May 2017
Somerset Care genuinely care about all their staff and it shows! From top down, the company promote good working relations and great care to all, staff and clients alike. Training opportunities are plentiful. Lots of supervision as well as autonomy. If you are an innovative individual with passion for people and care then SC will really harness this and help you to learn and progress.
Pros
Nfp, Supportive Teams and Collegues
Cons
Care Funding Low on Gov Agendas means Low Pay. Macro Levels beyond SC control.
Poor management.
Care Assistant for the Elderly (Former Employee) –  Somerset7 May 2017
When I worked here, they were always understaffed. People were working double shifts (14hr+ hours per day). Management constantly on your back but aren't willing to help. Unsocial hours. Residents not getting the care they should. Wouldn't work here again.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Long hours, staff shortage. Bad management
9 May 2017

Many thanks for your review.
I would like to take this opportunity to reassure you that as an organisation we are doing our upmost to ensure that we are recruiting the right level of staff for all of our services. We have strict policies in place that ensure that all of our staff are working in a safe environment including maximum working hours.

I would be keen to discuss your review in more detail if you are happy to do so.

Please contact our Human Resources Team on 01823 448 321.

Fun
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Somerton, Somerset13 April 2017
Brilliant work staff fantastic company fantastic hours to work. Clean care home. Understanding team members. Good condition of care home.clean beautiful rooms.
3 May 2017

Many thanks for taking the time to provide us with such a lovely comment about one of our Care Homes. As an organisation we pride ourselves on our cleanliness of our homes and our first class service to all including our employees.

9 May 2017

Many thanks for your lovely review of one of care homes.

I notice you are a former employee, should you wish to discuss returning to Somerset Care at any time please do not hesitate to contact our internal Recruitment Team on 01823 448 321 as we would love to hear from you!

Caring and supportive company
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sunnymeade, Chard11 April 2017
I loved working here. It is an amazing home. They give you so many training opportunities and opportunities to progress in your desired field of care.
3 May 2017

Many thanks for taking the time to write such a positive review.
As an award winning not-for-profit organisation with our own training provider we pride ourselves on the quality and quantity of training that we provide our employees to ensure that we are providing a first class service to all.

Somerset Care Recruitment Team

Has it's good points but can be difficult
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Somerset6 April 2017
Plenty of opportunity for career advancement if you are willing, however frequently short of staff and under pressure, all in all about average for the care industry at the present time.
Pros
Career advancement
Cons
Shortness of staff
3 May 2017

Many thanks for taking the time to provide us with a positive and honest review.
We are sorry to hear that you feel shortness of staff is an issue. I would like to reassure you that our expert team of recruiters are doing their upmost to ensure that we are attracting the right calibre of staff to the organisation ensuring sufficient staffing levels for all services.

If you would like to discuss please do not hesitate to contact a member of the Recruitment Team for more information on 01823 448 321 - we would love to hear from you and understand further the pressures you feel and how we can support.

Lovely job
Care and Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Bridgwater, Somerset28 March 2017
The job is lovely but the company isn't run very well. If your working the morning you don't get your roster till the night before and if your working the afternoon you don't receive your roster till a few hours before going out to work, they will send you a work schedule through the post which you receive on Fridays but your work will.morw than likely change.
Cons
Long hour's
3 May 2017

Many thanks for taking the time to provide us with an honest and open review.

I am sorry to hear you feel the organisation is not ran very well. I would like to take this opportunity to assure you that as an organisation we are open to all feedback and would welcome time to discuss this with you further.

We are a structured organisation with a large central support team who review our processes and procedures on a regular basis to ensure that the organisation is professional and efficient.

Please could I ask you to make contact with the Human Resources Team on 01823 448 321 to discuss this further should you wish to.

Somerset Care Recruitment Team

Dont go if you want a life
Former care worker (Former Employee) –  Chard, Somerset10 March 2017
Always call, always on your day off, planners don't have a clue, people go off willy nilly, not worth your life. Constant people leaving.

Good thing though, money is good, if ur in it for the money like management s, you will fit right in.
Pros
Money
Cons
Everything else
3 May 2017

Many thanks for taking the time to provide us with your review.

We are very sorry to hear you were not happy with your employment at Somerset Care.

I can however confirm that all staff are provided with sufficient training to ensure they can carry out their role effectively.
With regards to money - we are a not-for-profit organisation with full transparency. We have no shareholders and all profit is ploughed back into the organisation.

As an award winning care provider are priority is our customers, ensuring that the care we provide is first class.

Should you wish to discuss any of the above further please contact a member of the Human Resources Team on 01823 448 321.

Varied Care Environments
Support Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Community7 March 2017
I am not a good choice on reviewing as I have only worked at Somerset Care for a few months. If you travel from home to home at quite a distance that seems to be a real loss in wages. I am schduled for 6 hours, but only paid for 4 hours. I am told that traveling time is paid, but of yet I do not see that reflected in my wages.
Pros
Staff Accomodating
Cons
Wages
Good environment
Night Manager (Current Employee) –  Somerset23 January 2017
Good environment
Lovely residents.
Would be better if had full time contracts and better pay.
Very high quality care provided.
Very clean and tidy.
Welcomes pets and family.
Pros
Nice place to work
Cons
No full time contracts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SOMERSET CARE. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9