SOMERSET CARE Employee Reviews

friendly staff,salary good
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Taunton, Somerset23 February 2018
I have worked for Somerset care for 2 years I enjoy my work my manager is easy to talk to about any issues I have. I enjoy helping people with their day to day lives.
Pros
good manager this always helps
Cons
never enough staff
Rewarding job
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Somerset23 February 2018
I can highly recommend working for Somerset care, it is a fabulous team to work for, you get fully supported in your Job role, excellent training, also opportunities for promotion.
Supportive company with opportunity to progress
Manager (Current Employee) –  Taunton, Somerset23 February 2018
I've worked for Somerset Care for nearly 5 years, and I've been really impressed by how friendly and supportive the general culture is.
The care industry is not the easiest area to work in, however it is incredibly worthwhile and rewarding.
Like all companies it has its challenges, but I find my work varied and interesting, and I genuinely feel valued.
Pros
Supportive colleagues, progression and training opportunities
Supportive organisation
Administration Officer (Current Employee) –  Taunton, Somerset23 February 2018
I've worked at Somerset Care for the past 10 years. The Company has supported me to develop within my role and learn new things. I work within a friendly, welcoming team and really enjoy working here.
Pros
Training opportunities. Great teams. Supportive.
Nice staff loved and miss residents big environment so get decent shoes comfortable
Activities Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Stockmoor lodge16 February 2018
I liked it but put in a corner so left was heartbroken as the residents loved my care and I gave them dignity and peace of mind I fed them in their last hrs x
Pros
Residents loved me and staff
Cons
Management not like me
Poor management and office
Community Care Worker (Current Employee) –  West Somerset12 February 2018
Lovely clients and a variety of work. However office manager and business manager are very poor. Constant rota changes no travel time. No respect as an employee. Constant phone calls even on day off. Short staffing and low morale within the team. Not a good place to work. Which is sad as the clients and there family’s deserve better.

If you can work and be prepared to travel lots then this is the job for you.
Pros
Good wages lots of hours
Cons
Long shifts constant pressure poor management
Great clients- poor office communication.
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Somerset10 February 2018
Rosters don’t arrive till near 5pm EVERY DAY for the next shift! Planners don’t listen to clients or carers issues with times. High stress- no staff is expected to do a lot more in little time. New business manager is awful. Splitting us all up. Short staffed all the time due to how carers are treated by office staff/planners.

Do not work for this company. They will work you to the bone and still expect more.
Pros
Clients
Cons
Planning, lack of travel time.
Very fun workplace
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Taunton, Somerset7 February 2018
Working for Somerset Care was enjoyable. Working as as a Care Assistant was an extremely rewarding job. It was nice to be able to get to know all the residents and be able to help them with things they struggled to do for themselves in everyday life.
Pros
Free lunches, free uniform, free DBS check
Cons
Doing long days (12 hour shifts)
step up
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Frome, Somerset16 January 2018
Worked for them for 6 years but looking to advance my career and looking for a change. They have helped my progress up through the company. But at the moment there is lots of change and not always kept informed.
Great team
Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Bradford-on-Avon, Wiltshire15 January 2018
Great company just really busy and maybe took to much on.sometimes felt my views were not being listened to or anything improving ASAP
Communication was ok but not great and I almost lost my faith
Pros
Easy to talk to
Cons
Not much improved from concerns
Fun and supportive
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Poole3 January 2018
The company were fun and great to work for. Very supportive to their staff and clients. I learned how to support clients in an efficient and effective way. I learned how to update paperwork to the correct standered.
Pros
Lunch breaks when needed
Overworked underpaid
Support Worker/Carer (Former Employee) –  Somerset8 December 2017
Long hours, constant demands to pick up extra clients or extra hours so work life balance suffers. Clients do not get the care they deserve. Calls on days off guilt tripping to pick up the extra. Poor communication between management, admin and planners. Overall would not recommend
Environment
Nurse Supervisor, Wessex House Care Home (Former Employee) –  Somerset30 November 2017
Too much responsibility and expectation for 1 nurse to be running a shift for up to 50 residents, even with support from excellent senior carers.

Staff were friendly, but disillusioned as experienced too many registered managers - so felt unsure.
Awful company to work for
Carer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Frome, Somerset25 November 2017
Somerset care has very bad bullying culture, and although there is a policy on whistle blowing, in all honesty, they like to brush it under the carpet. Bullying goes all the way up to senior management and if your face doesn't fit, you become a second class employee!

There is a serious lack of staff, as they struggle to keep staff, mainly due to the bullying.
Pros
Training
Cons
Everything else
Large work load
community support worker (Former Employee) –  Yeovil14 November 2017
Large work load at times. didn't always get given enough time to get between clients. Communication wasn't wonderful. when office informing clients. their carer would be late.
Hca
Cleaner full time (Former Employee) –  Bromley, Greater London7 November 2017
Not very organised
Short staffed at times
Extra loads
No support
No very nice environment to work on
Place can be ok with good team members
Health care assistant
Great environment
Long hours short hours
person centered
Night Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Wareham, Dorset25 October 2017
Working as part of a small team where clients are on a 1:1 basis providing care and support with every aspect of daily living. management are supportive
Don’t go there
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Somerst22 October 2017
As long as you don’t mind being badgered into picking up extra shifts and calls it’s the job for you. Higher management don’t care about staff. Chop and change your hours. Pay higher if you look after private clients low pay if you look after social funded clients it’s all about the private did now throwing money at it and getting no return.
Have made the company a 2 tier carer system and make carers feel they are not good enough to be on equal pay. Do the same job have loads more experience but still company feel they should pay more to inexperienced carer just because they look after private paying clients. Awful company to work gor
Pros
Cons
Long hours constant phone calls
Friendly
Senior Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Burnham-on-Sea, Somerset11 October 2017
Enjoyed my time here. Love being in the care industry and they have taken care of me since I started 7 years ago, will be a shame to leave but it's time I did

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SOMERSET CARE. Our community is ready to answer.