Solent NHS Trust Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Professional and Productive workplace
Community childrens nursing admin (Current Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire18 July 2017
My time working for the NHS so far has been a very good experience and very enjoyable. There isn't too much id change or want to change. I believe it is a great place to work.
Solent NHS Trsut
Receptionist/ Business and Administration (Current Employee) –  southampton17 January 2017
A typical day in the NHS within my Business and reception administration job is busy, high levels of work and includes suchvariety of people. I ahve learnt a great deal of information and methods in my time at the NHS this includes, learning different system, finical information and inputting in ledgers, inputting processes and procedures, constantly being aware of health and safety, fire safety, public safety laws and policies. I have also learnt how to deal with customes, visitors and staff of all ages and know how to handle conflict and stress in the correct manner. I have learnt what a project programme from an operational point of view consists of. I have learnt how to implement change and imporvements in the work place. The management withint the NHS is very good. I work in a small team that is extended and I can say I work well with them as we work very closely together. The hardest part of my job role is seeing edlery on their own, therefore I have also learnt how to communicate well with them so that I can ensure I put a smile to their faces and that they enjoy there time in our hands.
Pros
flexiable with overtime hours.
Cons
No security with apprenticeship job
Adaptable - I worked the hours i wanted
Bank/Clerk/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Gosport, Hampshire7 January 2017
I enjoyed the work with Solent NHS. The work was varied and challenging. There were a lot of deadlines to meet but I enjoyed this aspect of the job
Pros
Short days
Cons
No job security
18 Week RTT Analyst (Former Employee) –  Southampton31 January 2015
As many hospitals are moving toward an electronic medical record, Solent is well ahead of most hospitals of this size in regard to the electronic world and moving into advanced areas of medicine
don't do this for an income!!
Non Executive Director (Current Employee) –  hampshire7 January 2015
my summary is - only - partly in jest...my (NED) colleague & I consider that we earn something less than the minimum wage for the work we undertake; but we wouldn't change this for the world!!!
as a nurse, by background, I get to chair board committees scrutinising the quality, governance, regulatory compliance & mental health act compliance of the organisation...& no-one can gain-say my clinical/operational experience of the assurances I'm given...
I get to work with people who access services the trust provides - & the opportunity to discuss whether they would want something different...& the chance to talk with front-line practitioners & see how they would do things differently
Pros
networks
Cons
less-than-the-minimum-wage
Hard working community dept
Community Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth17 September 2014
A typical day at work, is a number of visits per day some receiving support for chronic conditions. You never know what may happen during your visit and requires to adapt to situations deteriorating patient or end of life care.
Work mainly alone but have the support of colleagues at the end of the phone for advice.
I mostly enjoy the interaction and building rappor with the patients which aids the provision of safe effective care.
The hardest challenge is managing time as sometimes there are unexpected complications mainly with the deteriorating patient.
fine
Clinical Audit and Service Evaluation Facilitator (Current Employee) –  St James30 April 2014
The team with what I work is lovely. Only stayed here for that.
Excellent
Data Quality Analyst (Former Employee) –  Southampton17 March 2014
Really nice people. Sadly only a contractor but found the people friendly, helpful and cheerful.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Journey
Wonderful proactive place
Audio Typist (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth17 May 2013
Enjoyed thoroughly the temporary position of Audio Typist at NHS Solent Health Trust. Very organised, although helping with backlog of typing which is now up to date. Friendly colleagues. Very busy environment. Structured well.
Pros
Well organised
Cons
every day is different, never a dull moment.
Personal Assistant / Business Administrator (Former Employee) –  Southampton29 August 2012
a typical day at work, would be a diary meeting with the manager, arranging meetings, sending out agendas, typing up minutes. Checkings emails, post, making telephone calls. Working within a team is enjoyable. Meeting new people.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a