Sofology Employee Reviews

Highly targeted hard sales job
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Giltbrook, Nottingham8 January 2018
This job required long unsociable hours and working every weekend. Staff were competitive and unfriendly/unsupportive. Expected staff to hound customers to get a sale even if they were only browsing. Lack of support from management. General uncomfortable and negative atmosphere.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Long unsociable hours. Unfriendly staff and management.
Great
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside5 January 2018
Great place to work and very professional
Customer focussed
Market leading
Forward thinking
Technologically advanced in its field
Family run business
Pros
Good money
Cons
Weekends
No overtime
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  London3 September 2017
Don't bother this company is a waste of time, salary is bonus related and for any little thing they'll chip away at your bonus. Yesterday I couldn't even put my tool box on the back of the lorry because it was ramped with sofas, forget Sofology
Pros
Finish early sometimes
Cons
Umber Ed with agency porters and no overtime
Worst company ever
Furniture instalation driver (Former Employee) –  Bathgate29 August 2017
Worked for this company for around 5 month in bathgate depot. Worst company I have ever worked for. Never pay the bonus you achieve you have to work every second saturday and meant to get a rest day for this but you never get the rest days.management seem to make the rules up as they go along and always to suite them. Hr department would be aswell not being there as they don't have a clue no health and safety at all in this company. The fact that I walked out after 5 months shows just how bad this company is to work for think there was 6 or 7 guys started and left in this short time.
Pros
Cons
Salaried hours 07:00till16:00 but vans are routed to get you to last drop at 19:00-20:00 every day!
Excellent
Web chat (Current Employee) –  Wigan3 August 2017
Makes coming to work enjoyable and not a chore.
It can get busy at times, however, management does look after you, you can make a brew when you need, have regularly one to one, to monitor your progress.

Great bonus structure.
Pros
Very relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Seaham warehouse terrible place to work
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Seaham, Durham3 August 2017
I worked at the Seaham warehouse for 5 months. It was the worst job I have ever had. Working in the office I saw the management constantly bully the staff and have face to face screaming matches. The warehouse manager and transport manager both bully and use aggressive behaviour to frighten people. The HR at Sofology is terrible several complaints were made from numerous members of staff but nothing was ever done. Glad I escaped and now have a job with a lovely friendly company.
Pros
Cons
Bullying poor management
Foreward thinking, Innovative,Trying to be different.
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Tyne and Wear5 July 2017
A great business to work for thoroughly enjoyed my time here trying to be different to other furniture retailers great culture would highly recommend to anyone looking for a career in sales.
Pros
Good Pay and working conditions
Cons
Too many Changes
Good pay and benefits
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Warrington11 June 2017
Full time is 40 hours based on 2 days off in the week. You need to work until 8pm some nights and every weekend, bank holidays and long hours over Christmas starting on Boxing Day. Some cleaning duties are required if you work the early shift. Being a good team player is essential for this job. You get good job satisfaction when you have a customer walking out happy and excited about getting their new furniture.
Pros
Good staff benefits
Cons
Long hours, every weekend and bank holiday work
horrible
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Golborne23 May 2017
Horrible place to work. Management have no management skills. All bullies. Was told how bad it was before I went wish I had listened. Worse place ever. Most people haven't worked anywhere else and don't realise they shouldn't be treated the way they are. If the union went in they would be shut down
Pros
non
Cons
management don't know how to manage
Seaham depot a horrible place to work
Warehouse operatives (Current Employee) –  Seaham, Durham15 May 2017
Working as a warehouse operative is fine and not hard, the other operatives and delivery crew are okay but . The depot managent are bullies, they enjoy to intimidate, lie, cheat, dictate and make the job a horrible shift, they are happy when you are unhappy. If you take a job here it will not take you long to experience the daily pain, people who work here don't mind the job, but can't stand the working environment that the depot management create, you will witness a culture of shouting, face to face agressive arguments with management, and much more. HR do not care, and do not and never have listened to any of the many previous grievances made against the depot management by staff members.
Pros
Finishing the shift
Cons
Depot management
New Experience
Administrator (Former Employee) –  London Borough of Barnet, Greater London13 March 2017
Working at Sofology has been very interesting and a great new experience that has fought me so much such as dealing with money and just getting familiar with what happens behind the scenes in a company and the general running of a store. I very much enjoyed my job role and the company however due to new management the atmosphere at work changed for the worse and opportunities to advance in the company had been removed.
Cons
had to work every weekend
Good workplace
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Liverpool15 February 2017
Good environment and workplace, different from competitors both in mentality and quality, more advanced in technology usage with the customers, acceptable salary compensations when bonus is offred.
Pros
Salary bonus when target achieved
Cons
Stress, Targets
It's a sole destroying place to work.
Drivers Mate (Former Employee) –  London28 December 2016
The managers are very unorganised this caused the work loads to be manic and rushed due to the amount off work. Regularly shot staffed which meant overtime was common but never got paid overtime. Shame because it sounded like such a good place to work by the Agency.
Pros
There's a water cooler in depo so never go thirsty.
Cons
All ways having to do overtime to finish the workload
Great working enviroment
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Brent Cross Station19 December 2016
I was given an opportunity to evolve and to learn new skills. The managers were great as well as my coworkers. All in all a great experience.
Pros
Paid transport
A good place to work
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Bolton, Greater Manchester22 November 2016
There are hard days and easy days like any other place but Sofology is like a family, team work is a must and the pay reflects how you work as a team not an individual
Don't do it!!!!
admin (Former Employee) –  Golborne30 June 2016
Horrible place to work!! Ignorant staff and management are stuck up! As soon as I took the role I regretted it. I have never worked anywhere as disorganised and untrustworthy
Pros
Cons
all of it
productive fun working enviroment
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Reading23 June 2016
Sofology is a busy enviroroment to work in. On a typical day at work I would be dealing with customer orders, queries and complaints. I manage the finance and accounts for the store. My co-workers are all very welcoming and friendly. The hardest part of the job is probably dealing with difficult customers and making sure they go away happy.
Pros
happy friendly workplace
awful place to work
Technical Administrator (Former Employee) –  Golborne9 May 2016
There is a culture of shouting at one another. Management have no experience, nor are they given an training. Man management skills are non existent. They regularly flout employment law. Most staff have never worked anywhere else so have no idea that they have rights as employees.
Fast paced exciting company
Catalogue Manager -Merchandise November (Current Employee) –  Lancashire14 March 2016
Sofology is a very exciting company to work for we are market leaders with our innovations, there is much growth within our company and we are growing year by year.
my role evolves extremely meticulous attention to detail as the models I add to the system are the goods that are ordered from the suppliers. the information includes build, costs and retails etc. once the models are on the system I place the sample and display orders also and request any swatches required for these.
The hardest part of the job is knowing the products, there is a lot of information to learn from what makes up a group to what suppliers offer which swatches.
I work in a great office all staff members are really helpful.
The best part is seeing my work on our sales system which is where all orders are placed for our customers.
Pros
Always a varied day
Cons
Quite stressful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sofology. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9