Sodexo Employee Reviews

Horrible place to work
Probation Officer (Current Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire10 November 2017
Underpaid and over worked.
The Sheffield Probation office is very depressing. Staff going off sick every other day coming to work in tears.
Management offer no support and speak to you like you are something they stepped in.
Caseloads are unmanageable.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
Long hours, massive caseloads, bad management
its a ok company to work for
Food Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kirkby1 November 2017
its an ok company to work for, but sometimes dont have a clue what they are doing at times, managment seem to have favourites regarding staff, moral between staff is low
Pros
free lunches
Cons
bad managment
Easy Money
Painter (Former Employee) –  Dunfermline, Fife24 October 2017
Work was 9-half 2. Learned how to paint fast and efficiently. Always something to do and superiors weren't bossy or anything. Most enjoyable part of the jab was lunch time
very enjoyable work
Telephonist at Hereford County Hospital (Former Employee) –  Hereford23 October 2017
i loved every shift i ever did on switchbord and regret the day i resigned,it is the best job i ever had.i would relish the chance to return,to the company.
Pros
good working enviroment
Cons
can get lonely on nights
Really polite and good to work for
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Hitchin, Hertfordshire21 October 2017
Best experience I've ever had as it' was my first job and there really polite and bubbly people to work with I've never had any problems apart from one week my pat was due late other than that it's a really good experience of working with sodexo learnt a lot about cleaning
Pros
Own lunches
Cons
16 hours
Waste removal
Waste Operative (Former Employee) –  Kingston upon Hull19 October 2017
Clearing waste from bins and larger bins with a fork lift. Easy work and the waste is medical so not dirty. Different shifts available, pay was poor for the night shift I did.
Pros
Easy
Cons
Waste
Good workplace
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London18 October 2017
Company more catering based. Not too supportive dealing with postal, facilities side of business. HR very good and a large company with many avenues and opportunities to develop career.
Pros
Big Company
Cons
Too catering based
Friendly
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester16 October 2017
Fun place to work. Get on with all staff. Good rate of pay, very friendly people in higher management made my job easy for me when they could. Very happy to work for this company.
Good workplace
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Charing Cross, Greater London14 October 2017
working for Sodexo can be stressful but the environment is very good. it is required to have patience due to the fact that you will have to interact with patients
good company
Food Service Assistant Kitchen Porter Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester13 October 2017
Good Company to work for provide certificates to advance in the company friendly helpful company and good benefits I have worked for sodexo for Seven years and Found Them to be a beneficial company to work for
Pros
advanced carrer
Cons
hours limited
good fun
General Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol12 October 2017
food prep, cleaning, dish washing, serving children.. enjoyed learning need job rules and learning to cook different things.. management was lovely really helped me
Pros
free lunches
Cons
low pay
Not Bad
Manager (Current Employee) –  King's Lynn, Norfolk11 October 2017
not a bad place to work most people are friendly especially my staff but then their are some downfalls. strange hours will do it. but like I said free lunches and that not bad is suppose.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Strange hours
great job
Chef (Former Employee) –  bardges in shetland11 October 2017
sodexo is a very good company to work for. managers excel in employees. rate of pay is very good. free food and had wifi and 32 inch tv in my room. was a great life style and the team was always helpful.
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire10 October 2017
I have been working with Sodexo at HMP Peterborough for the past 2 months and I LOVE IT, it has been challenging at times but overall very good place to work. We have an excellent team culture, very friendly and supportive. Also great L&D programme available
Pros
Sodexo provide staff with free lunch, discount cards, gym and many more!
brilliant place to work
Front of House Manager (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh6 October 2017
i loved worked with sodexo great bunch of people to work with i got taught a lot new stuff working for them friendly customers as well as work mates management where amazing
Pros
free food
Cons
early morning
Terrible to work for
Chef Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, West Yorkshire WF21 October 2017
When first started great management but after a year a management shuffle and not a very good one since they came from accounting it was only a matter of time before all the SxxT hit the fan!! As a Chef myself of 20 years Sodexo say they produce high standards of food what a joke 75% food is frozen and the other 25% normally left overs that i was getting told to use you are not allowed to express your creative skill what so ever .
So if you want to feel like a drone doing the same thing week in & week out feeling miserable and no getting job satisfaction fine this is for you. But if you want to be a professional Chef and express your creative flair and use the skill you trained for DO NOT GO WORK FOR THIS COMPANY!!
Pros
Cons
Management communication, not allowed to express your skills, Training a joke they show you answers.
Nice enjoyable job.
Barrista/General Assitant (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire1 October 2017
I work in a busy coffee shop,we are in a secure building so we don't work with the general public just the workers within the building which is quite nice as you get to know these people and their likes and dislikes.
The job is hard at times when it's busy but still enjoyable,the other staff members are nice and pleasant the hardest part of my job is keeping postive because the constant negativity management seem to have with it's staff and consantly putting you down and making you feel unaprecated and uninspired.
The hours are great as I do set hours with evenings,weekends and bank holidays off (bank holidays are part of your holidays so you get 20 days off the rest of the year and bank holidays makes it to 28) . My normal day at work is spent between serving customers on the till.Making a selection of hot drinks to order.keeping the shelves and fridges topped up for customers use.I have personaly learned to be less nervous when talking to people and have become more positive within myself,I believe this is to do with the other staff members I work with on a day to day basis.
Pros
meal on duty, hot drinks, sodexo rewards are good if you can make use of them, I have used the reduced cinema tickets for me and my family, I work set hours which is great as I can plan things to do around my shifts
Cons
Managements constant negitivty
Long Hours, Constant hard work
Hospitality Waiter (Former Employee) –  Hampden Park Stadium26 September 2017
Long hours, low wage, constantly moving, meet good people. Most of the shift is filling tables with food for the VIPs, most of the VIPs are nice sociabl people, but some are very rude and don't appreciate your sevice to them and make your shift harder to get through.
Job Opinion
Steward (Former Employee) –  North Sea25 September 2017
12 hours working shift with various tasks covered during work hours. Learnt many new skills and teamwork very important. Management had varying different styles as different people in the post during work period. Working in oilfields has a varied culture and every trip offered something different sometimes good sometimes indifferent. Long consecutive shifts 12 hours on 12 hours off. 2 on 2 off shifts or 3 on 3 off shifts. but the time off made the job worthwhile.
Pros
Time Off
Cons
Long Work Day
Fun relaxed
Cleaning operative (Current Employee) –  Manchester. England24 September 2017
Iv found this a great place to work . I must do as iv been with them for 17+ years. The clients are really nice and each September you get to meet new recruits.
Pros
Very nice clients
Cons
Messy cadets

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sodexo. Our community is ready to answer.