Société Générale Employee Reviews

Internship (Former Employee) –  London4 November 2017
Very good experience for a young intern. I learnt all the skills I wanted to know from this work experience. Gave me the inspiration to move into investment banking.
Corporate and Acquisition Loan Syndication Analyst (Current Employee) –  London19 September 2017
A good sprinboard for futur career prospect. On of the main french institution that allows you as a junior to evolve across many divison, to build your network and to explore new fields. Hours bareable and easy to couple with your personal life. Management competent. Facilities and benefits are more than generous.
Pros
Stimulated environnement with high profiles and many division to work with
Cons
Not enough diversified environement
Productive and Learning
Senior Integration Architect (Former Employee) –  London, United Kingdom7 June 2017
It was great organization to work with. I learnt a lot and delivered the solution with great support from colleagues and management. Very friendly and healthy work culture.
Investment Bank
Sales Analyst (Former Employee) –  London5 June 2017
Société Generale is an Investment Bank. There is a lot to learn and the staff are well experience with good transferable skills. I enjoyed my time there.
Work culture very Paris-focussed especially in London
IT Analyst (Former Employee) –  London3 June 2017
Not a bad place to work - people can be friendly, but there is a distinct focus on Paris (being a French banking institution) that inhibits job advancement. Management can be inflexible especially around issues at work
Pros
Good team atmosphere at times
Cons
Very french centric - extensive focus on Paris especially in international offices
Cross Asset Associate
Cross asset Associate (Former Employee) –  London8 May 2017
Dynamic work environment but poor culture with limited opportunities for junior staff. Compensation is below market and pyramidal management structure..
good place to work
Tranaction support settlements (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London3 May 2017
Good place to work friendly good job prospects
Input of daily Equity Bond and foreign exchange trades
Confirming trades
Dealing with brokers and other departments
Associate (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London27 April 2017
Each day was always different and always new skills to learn and develop further
Management was always helpful and willing to help people progress
I was at the company for nine years and enjoyed my time there
Lack of structure and career progression
Operations Risk Manager (Former Employee) –  London27 February 2017
Most if the day is spent producing reporting. However the guidelines of content are weak and the availability of data is very insufficient. There is a lack of collaborative working between departments.
Pros
working hours
Cons
lack of management
Good place to learn
Scanning Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lonon24 February 2017
Nice people to work with. Some backdated processes. You do get the chance to learn new skills and take exams. Good team sprit.
Down to earth company with high staff turnover
Contractor (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London13 January 2017
I had a good time working at SG despite its obvious flaws. I learnt a lot from my time at SG, and everyday was varied.

I feel that management at SG don't try to encourage their staff to stay loyal due to lack of company events.
Great place to start
Vice President, Hedge Fund Analyst (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London5 January 2017
Great place to start your career. Lots of responsibility given early. Steep learning curves. Lots of smart people. But little reward or progression beyond the initial. Atrocious prospects if you are not french. Management only interested in their own careers and prospects.
Positive feedback
Help-Desk Support Technician (Former Employee) –  LONDON8 November 2016
Working with IPITOMI was very interesting.
I have learned a lot
Professional workplace, expected to work under pressure
Client Services Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  London17 September 2016
From working here I gained important skills such as communication, confidence and the ability to work under pressure.
The high octane environment made me want to achieve the targets set and continually work towards them.

I enjoyed being part of a bigger team and having the opportunity to be a team leader within my department.
Productive and interesting team
Assistant Administrator, Wealth Management (Former Employee) –  London6 June 2016
It was an outstanding experience that I would love to have again. Working in a team, as well as independently from time to time was a great way of gaining great understanding of the banking industry. I am very grateful for the months I spent there.
Pros
Entertaining, demanding, challenging, exciting
Stable workplace
DIRECTOR SALES TRADER (Former Employee) –  London17 April 2016
Good place to get an overall understanding across a range of products. However remuneration and leadership is where it all falls down.
Pros
In the city
Cons
Lack of leadership
Intense but fun working environment
LME Floor Clerk/ Analyst (Former Employee) –  London13 April 2016
Start around 7.30am i would set up the traders forward trading cards which essentially are the traders dated metal positions for future dates i.e if they are long or short metals in these periods. I would spend the morning setting up for the day & also amending discrepancies with other companies, work out the traders 'pnl' for the previous trading day, help out with General office duties, provide a detailed breakdown of commission made by brokers from there various different clients. Then head to the LME trading floor were i would be providing market commentary for the office also brokers down the the trading floor whilst clerking deals that are being made across the trading floor will continue to do this for most of the day for the various different base metals. There are times when it is extremely hectic & also times when you can have a breather but i would have to always be on point as anything can happen. As the day draws to close i would spend the evening checking back the days basis making sure everything is agreed & checked ready for the next day of trading.
Nice place to work
Investment Analyst - Structured Product Specialist (Current Employee) –  London, ENG24 January 2016
Good place to work with great working hours and encouraging people.
Always keen to improve your skills and your abilties.
Very smart people there and nice working environnement. overall good.
Senior Iseries/GMI Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  London, ENG25 October 2015
Business systems analyst with extensive IT experience with Back office and In-depth knowledge and working experience of Sungard GMI application. Specialties: Futures and Options capacity in the areas of Annual Releases, Night processing, Margins, Regulatory reporting, Static Data, Regional Processing Management, Pricing, Tradeload and Statement. Test and Implement Client Service process, FTP to SFTP for all internal FTP transmission.
Never work here
Banking Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  London4 August 2015
Very bad company to work for. Treat you very inhumanely and job/life balance is the worst I've ever come across.

Long hours dealing with rude customers all day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Société Générale. Our community is ready to answer.

Société Générale Reviews by Location